Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What's your review on the Badass Tent?
I think they make a good product and provide excellent customer service. I like that they're an American Company based in San Diego and somewhat local to me. I'm a couple hours away. The rugged is lightweight, easy to deploy and take down... 1 Minute or less. We also like the moon roof that allows you to check out the night sky but that comes at the expense of not having internal pockets/bungee nets that other RTTs typically have in that spot.
I upgraded the mattress to a memory foam one per their YouTube videos. It's more comfortable because I sometimes sleep on my side. It's low profile, but my OB SAS along with the OEM roof rack and RTT, make it so I'm not able to park inside my garage (maybe by about 1-1.5 inches). For winter camping you will want to run a heater or figure out a way to insulate the tent.

When I initially bought the RTT, I wasn't sure if my son and potentially daughter would like camping in a RTT vs ground tent- my wife wants nothing to do with camping...lol. I didn't want to spend a ton of money not knowing if they'd like it.
A year in and several camping trips later, the kids really enjoy it...if I wouldve known this outcome, I would've spent more money on a roof rack from BA tents, JCR or RCI so I could get a bigger/heavier RTT that can accommodate 3 adults. We will likely outgrow this one in a year...I'm 5'8, son is 5 feet and daughter is 5 years old and it's already tight for us. Good experience with the Badass Rugged Tent if you have 2 adults or an adult and a kid. Anything more than that,you will want something bigger.
Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think they make a good product and provide excellent customer service. I like that they're an American Company based in San Diego and somewhat local to me. I'm a couple hours away. The rugged is lightweight, easy to deploy and take down... 1 Minute or less. We also like the moon roof that allows you to check out the night sky but that comes at the expense of not having internal pockets/bungee nets that other RTTs typically have in that spot.
I upgraded the mattress to a memory foam one per their YouTube videos. It's more comfortable because I sometimes sleep on my side. It's low profile, but my OB SAS along with the OEM roof rack and RTT, make it so I'm not able to park inside my garage (maybe by about 1-1.5 inches). For winter camping you will want to run a heater or figure out a way to insulate the tent.

When I initially bought the RTT, I wasn't sure if my son and potentially daughter would like camping in a RTT vs ground tent- my wife wants nothing to do with camping...lol. I didn't want to spend a ton of money not knowing if they'd like it.
A year in and several camping trips later, the kids really enjoy it...if I wouldve known this outcome, I would've spent more money on a roof rack from BA tents, JCR or RCI so I could get a bigger/heavier RTT that can accommodate 3 adults. We will likely outgrow this one in a year...I'm 5'8, son is 5 feet and daughter is 5 years old and it's already tight for us. Good experience with the Badass Rugged Tent if you have 2 adults or an adult and a kid. Anything more than that,you will want something bigger.
I haven't seen how the ladder works. Any insights here?

Blzbronco007

Outer Banks
First Name
Blaze
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just a regular RTT ladder that deploys/collapses by pressing a couple buttons. Think it's manufactured by someone else. It does not hook onto the tent...youre meant to lean it vs your car roof rack...I also secure it with rope to the roof rack. Nothing special about it...seems to be the same as all the other RTT ladders I've seen

B Miller

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not trying to push my content here. But my channel is full of information on building an overland Bronco. There's recent adventure videos showing how everything functions. Everything from a RTT, extra fuel storage, lighting, winch, interior storage, ect. Hope this helps!
Northwest Bronco Youtube Channel
Ford Bronco Overland Bronco Builds? Untitled desi

Ford Bronco Overland Bronco Builds? Untitled design (2)

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can almost see the end of my build. Content to follow. Just waiting on a pair of 100ah batteries to show up. It’s epic, especially for a 2 door.

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She’s complete for the summer. Shake down and adjustments now.

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

She’s complete for the summer. Shake down and adjustments now.

Not bad at all! love your camping setup. I'm using one of those Coleman instant cabins but I've really been considering these enclosed setups. Long setup time?

tourproto

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 BMW e46
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not bad at all! love your camping setup. I'm using one of those Coleman instant cabins but I've really been considering these enclosed setups. Long setup time?
Takes about 3 minutes for the tent.

FreshKsig

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FE Bronco, 22 BB Bronco, 21 Mustang Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I went back and forth for over a year about a cooler/fridge. Didn’t want to spend the money to do the right setup. I finally saw the kickstarter on the Anker Everfrost. It seemed like the perfect setup for my needs and I’m happy with it but only have one trip with it so far. I’ll do a proper writeup on it if anyone is interested.

Here is the link: https://www.anker.com/everfrost-powered-cooler

AKav23

Black Diamond
First Name
Alicia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Goals........ This is my starter pack ;)

Ford Bronco Overland Bronco Builds? chrome_screenshot_1686389508728
Love your rotopak storage! Can you tell me what unit you used to mount it on? I'm looking for a good solution for extra gas cans!