Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands w/Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We will be arriving in Ouray, CO on 7/16 and leaving on 7/22. If any of you are going to be there during those dates and want to join us on the trails, DM me on here, IG, or FB.

We were there 2 years ago in the old 4Runner and am looking forward to using the Bronco there as well.

Should be a Fun time!
Sponsored

Baseaf

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We will be arriving in Ouray, CO on 7/16 and leaving on 7/22. If any of you are going to be there during those dates and want to join us on the trails, DM me on here, IG, or FB.

We were there 2 years ago in the old 4Runner and am looking forward to using the Bronco there as well.

Should be a Fun time!
PM'D you on ig!

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just drove through there a couple weeks ago. Be aware that many of the higher trails may still be closed or impassable due to snow, so check the trail conditions. There were still people skiing and snowmobiling just north of Durango!

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just drove through there a couple weeks ago. Be aware that many of the higher trails may still be closed or impassable due to snow, so check the trail conditions. There were still people skiing and snowmobiling just north of Durango!
They are typically cleared by Mid/late July.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They are typically cleared by Mid/late July.
That's true, but it was not a typical winter- just wanted to give you a heads up. The waterfalls by 550 north of Ouray were insane, so I'd definitely head that way if you get time. I'm sure there will still be plenty of runoff. Unfortunately, I was on my way to a wedding in Grand Junction so I didn't get to hit any trails.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only part of yankee boy was open yesterday
Yeah, June is typically too early to go due to snow. We still got over a month before we get there.

I Like Soup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram PowerWagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! Just an update as I am in Ouray right now and spending 11 days. Yankee Boy is open. Ophir pass and Imogene are not cleared. Ophir is open from the east/Silverton side but closed just pass the summit due to snow. Cinnamon and Engineer are open all the way. Red mountain is open for about 4 miles from the north side then closed due to snow. Crews are working doubletime on Imogene but it is still not passable. Hopefully by the time you arrive it will be better but Imogene may be closed until late July. Still tons of great trails open and Cinnamon is breathtaking. Have fun!

Rodeoman

Black Diamond
First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, Sequoia, 2500 hd
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was there last week. I had to turn back on black bear due to snow. I think one more week and it should be fine. I did break through the first three snow fields.

good luck, what a great place to be

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! Just an update as I am in Ouray right now and spending 11 days. Yankee Boy is open. Ophir pass and Imogene are not cleared. Ophir is open from the east/Silverton side but closed just pass the summit due to snow. Cinnamon and Engineer are open all the way. Red mountain is open for about 4 miles from the north side then closed due to snow. Crews are working doubletime on Imogene but it is still not passable. Hopefully by the time you arrive it will be better but Imogene may be closed until late July. Still tons of great trails open and Cinnamon is breathtaking. Have fun!
Have fun out there!

Sponsored

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thanks for the update, was just researching this for the upcoming 4th of July weekend. I'm 75% certain I'll be driving up, unless work throws a loop in those plans.

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FYI,

Ford Bronco Ouray Colorado, July 16th - 22nd 1687966339805

maybeoneday

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Complete noob here, is something like yankee boy doable without lockers? I'll be in the area next week and questioning if I should dive into any of the trails with a 2 door obx without lockers (upgraded A/T tires though)

OP
OP
Bird Dog Off Road

Bird Dog Off Road

Badlands
First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Complete noob here, is something like yankee boy doable without lockers? I'll be in the area next week and questioning if I should dive into any of the trails with a 2 door obx without lockers (upgraded A/T tires though)
Yes, Yankee boy should be fine. The trails I'd definitely avoid if you are a noob, are Black Bear, Imogene, and Poughkeepsie.

I Like Soup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram PowerWagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! I am back from Corkscrew today, highly recommended for the views. The pass was clear and a local guide reported that Hurricane to California pass to Animas Forks is all the way open. Yankee Boy is very smooth until just past the restrooms at mile 7.5-ish waypoint. Then it is blocked by snow right now for the 'rougher' part. On all of the trails I have ran in Ouray in my Bronco Badlands, I used my lockers on 1 part of Ophir that was a little sketchy - just as insurance. On Yankee Boy you will see Subarus galore and other sedans with not a ton of clearance.
Sponsored