Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
11 days
3 2 door broncos
85 hours run time including trails
3450 miles
11 days

I have first hand comparison to a stock 2020 JLUR similar trip (6800 miles 21 days)

absolutely no comparison on road and I was able to keep up with a 2022 JLUR on 37”s

I am happy with my purchase and the modifications

I got avg 3mpg less on the highway than stock 2.3 and 2.7 2 door badlands Sasquatch

IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1571.jpeg
IMG_1621.jpeg
DJI_0161.jpeg
Awesome trip! Did you happen to do Black Bear Pass from Ouray down in to Teluride?
Sponsored

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Lee, Great trip and post but I need you to remove this picture as it’s already been said on here many times that the short wheel base no passenger carrying 2 door can’t rock crawl. I don’t want to see another angry discussion get started!

Thanks for listening! :cool:

Ford Bronco Baton Rouge to Ouray-Moab and back! 1687301732379

OP
OP
mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lee, Great trip and post but I need you to remove this picture as it’s already been said on here many times that the short wheel base no passenger carrying 2 door can’t rock crawl. I don’t want to see another angry discussion get started!

Thanks for listening! :cool:

Ford Bronco Baton Rouge to Ouray-Moab and back! 1687301732379
Right???

lol people are crazy

Sponsored

PNBLD

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
flhtk
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
cool pictures
sounds like y'all had a great time
We can't wait to go back out there ourselves

BigFootie

Heritage
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 ES-350, 2022 Badlands Sport, 2023 Heritage Ed
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

also, Idgaf about small gas tank

I have blown l4/l5 and after 250 miles I’m ready to GTFO the car and or use the bathroom
Wait, did you plug the wash out floors? :cool:

406g

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What soft top is that? Bestop?

Sponsored

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What was your opinion on Ouray? The wife and I will be making our 1st trip there at the end of August. Can't wait. Which trails did you do since I'm assuming several haven't opened up yet?

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are using 35” tires as well?
Any current trouble spots to avoid in Moab or Ouray trails?
For other 2dr owners making trip out to moab and co trails do you have any learned recommendations as for equipment or fitting items into the bronco?

OP
OP
mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What was your opinion on Ouray? The wife and I will be making our 1st trip there at the end of August. Can't wait. Which trails did you do since I'm assuming several haven't opened up yet?
Only imogene was open, and partially at that. This coincided with my 50th birthday and ouray didnt cooperate. A lot opened while we were in moab, but we didnt have time to go back

OP
OP
mcinfantry

mcinfantry

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You are using 35” tires as well?
Any current trouble spots to avoid in Moab or Ouray trails?
For other 2dr owners making trip out to moab and co trails do you have any learned recommendations as for equipment or fitting items into the bronco?
Yes sir, i am. ZERO desire for larger. 35” yokohama x-mt g005 @Discount Tire on icon rebound pro @Dusty at ICON

my wife wouldnt let me climb rose garden and the other person with us wasnt willing to try.

i carried 125‘ of winch line extension, 5 snatch blocks, 7 soft shackles, tree saver, kinetic rope, warn zeon platinum s on a @Lobo Off-Road hidden mount, @NACHO Offroad Lighting ditch lights and sae fog/spot, @Metal-tech 4x4 rock sliders,, nomad bbq pit, soft ice chest, 10lb power tank, onbard air (arb), drone, digital camera, spare inner and outer tie rods, blankets (ouray), food, snacks, aluminum sand ladders, 5 gallons water, toilet paper, peebuddy (for the women), impact tools, hand tools, electrical wire, heat shrink tube, soldering iron, laptop with forscan/FDRS, ONX offroad, Bronco Trail App, Tailgate table, GMRS, FRS, personal defense weapon (sketchy lodging), and my great dane stuffed animal (Blue RIP)

i think GMRS was mandatory and FRS was great for off road spotters/loaners. The drone was great to spot, the women really used the pee buddys, and i liked the powertank vs the arb (time) but I insist on airing down. I ran 6-9 psi, and the others 18-20. The seat delete/platform was phenominal for security, safety, organizing and strapping down things, and the tailgate table for lunches was nice too. The metal tech sliders were phenomenal and useful too.

i ended up not using any recovery gear, and as long as one person has some thats all i was worried about. The lights were awesome at night on and off road. everyone following me liked that they helped them see as well.

I love my tires and woudl buy again. My wife runs X-AT yokohama

i will go back and do black bear, hells, and fins. ive built two super capable rigs in my past and at no point did i think this bronco couldnt handle what i threw at it.

also at no point did i want a 4 door, and still dont. My wife and i were fine.

the katskin leather was cooler than MGV (other broncos on the trip are badlands too)

i did pick up the MOAB mountain range in my windshield in new mexico….

i also used the @Mabett dash charger for the bronco trail app and i use expedition essentials dash mount and 67 designs arms for the ipad (onx) and phone and gmrs mount
Ford Bronco Baton Rouge to Ouray-Moab and back! IMG_1612
Sponsored

Last edited: