Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The not so good:
- TWO punctured tires as we completed the ~10 mile round trip on the Marble to Crystal Mill trail. Was worth it but a pain in the ass getting fixed in the very small town of Marble, CO. All the locals were great though and very helpful is taking care of me and my family. Lesson learned: Air down your tires and have onboard air available (my ARB twin compressor is now on order)! I left way too much air in my tires for that trail and finding air in that very small town was a challenge.
Sounds like a GREAT family trip - one your daughter will remember!

Two tips:

1. Drive *over* sharp/jagged rocks, don't try to drive around them (not sure what happened in your case).

2. Carry a tire repair kit. I've used mine many times to help vehicles stranded on the trail get to pavement. One time I plugged ripped sidewall with 12 plugs, and it held together off-road for the rest of the day til we could get them back on the road. I've also used it more times that I'd like to count to repair my company's fleet vehicle tires. I got "tired" of the tire companies always saying they can't repair the tire and it needs to be replaced when a $0.25 plug and ~10 minutes of elbow grease would save me $150.

If you live in a place w/inclement weather, you'll want to replace the plug cords every couple of years as they dry out and become useless.

I've had this ARB set in my gear for over a decade:
ARB 10000011 Speedy Seal 2 - Universal Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit For Car, Truck, RV, Jeep, ATV, Motorcycle, Tractor, Trailer. Flat Tire Puncture Repair Kit Fix Punctures and Plug Flats 50 String Plug

Here's a cheaper ARB knock-off kit (no idea if it's any good):
WYNNsky Heavy Duty Tire Repair Tools Kit - 54 Pcs Set Truck Tool Box for Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor Flat Tire Plug Kit
Sponsored

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have that same photo from Mills Creek, except it's from 30 years ago... Man that didn't seem that long ago until I remembered when I was actually was there. Life flies by, enjoy more of it in your Bronco!

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Two tips:

1. Drive *over* sharp/jagged rocks, don't try to drive around them (not sure what happened in your case).

2. Carry a tire repair kit. I've used mine many times to help vehicles stranded on the trail get to pavement. One time I plugged ripped sidewall with 12 plugs, and it held together off-road for the rest of the day til we could get them back on the road. I've also used it more times that I'd like to count to repair my company's fleet vehicle tires. I got "tired" of the tire companies always saying they can't repair the tire and it needs to be replaced when a $0.25 plug and ~10 minutes of elbow grease would save me $150.

If you live in a place w/inclement weather, you'll want to replace the plug cords every couple of years as they dry out and become useless.

ARB 10000011 Speedy Seal 2 - Universal Heavy Duty Tire Repair Kit For Car, Truck, RV, Jeep, ATV, Motorcycle, Tractor, Trailer. Flat Tire Puncture Repair Kit Fix Punctures and Plug Flats 50 String Plug

WYNNsky Heavy Duty Tire Repair Tools Kit - 54 Pcs Set Truck Tool Box for Motorcycle, ATV, Jeep, Truck, Tractor Flat Tire Plug Kit
Along with everything I want right away, protection from chips and door dings (mud flaps & sliders w/ removable steps), recovery gear, add-on items with purpose like lights and not so much a purpose like stripe/decal kits. An air compressor needs to be higher on the list and a good tire plug kit as a first item too.

So much to get, so much to buy... now I got that song's melody in my head.

You know the one.

BulldogBear

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2000 Mercedes-Benz G500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Along with everything I want right away, protection from chips and door dings (mud flaps & sliders w/ removable steps), recovery gear, add-on items with purpose like lights and not so much a purpose like stripe/decal kits. An air compressor needs to be higher on the list and a good tire plug kit as a first item too.

So much to get, so much to buy... now I got that song's melody in my head.

You know the one.
A 6G member has currently ordered a batch of the NAPA-style compressors (I think a lot of 100) that should be arriving in the near future. I've used mine about 15 times to date and it's the fastest and best bargain on the market (not sure about it's longevity yet).

https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ssors-some-in-stock.43685/page-3#post-1446856

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Two tips:

Definitely great memories, even with the punctured tires!

I do NOW have a tire repair kit for each of my vehicles. After researching the process, it is way too easy not to be able to do a quick repair myself, to at least get off a trail. Cheap peace of mind investment for sure!

Sponsored

ColtN0ir

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
very nice! Pretty sure I've seen your ride a few times around Madison/Huntsville

OP
OP
TigerBronco

TigerBronco

First Edition
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F-150 F/X 4, 2019 Honda Odyssey, 2001 Nissan Pathfinder, 1992 BMY M923A2 M
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
very nice! Pretty sure I've seen your ride a few times around Madison/Huntsville
Thanks!

Looking forward to meeting some fellow Bronco owners in the area through the Rocket City Broncos Club!
Sponsored