Sponsored

Silverton / Ouray trail recommendations for OBX with 33“ BFG A/Ts?

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '20 Trail Boss, '18 Triumph Tiger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We are Taking my wife’s bronco to Ouray in the fall. Stock non sas OBX with 33“ BFG A/Ts. Any recommendations on trails it could handle and not get trashed? Have been there a couple of times in a Grand Cherokee trail hawk but it had skid plates And adjustable suspension. The OBX just has a plastic one up front.
Sponsored

I Like Soup

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram PowerWagon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi! I was there last year and ran most of the trails that were open. I think you would be fine with Imogene, Ophir, Engineer, Yankee Boy, etc. but I would avoid Mineral Creek (and Poughkeepsie) personally. I suggest you check out Trails Offroad, they had excellent guides, trail ratings, and trail reports. Just use a spotter and common sense and you can do most of the trails in the area without fear of damage.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yep you'll be fine except as was stated, Mineral Creek might be a bit sketchy. We did it in Sasquatch BL and a WT, but there were some lines you have to be careful. Could you make it? Sure... But there's easier just as fun trails.

OP
OP
Barneyridesagain

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep you'll be fine except as was stated, Mineral Creek might be a bit sketchy. We did it in Sasquatch BL and a WT, but there were some lines you have to be careful. Could you make it? Sure... But there's easier just as fun trails.
Appreciate the feedback Razorback. Cant wait to be there.

OP
OP
Barneyridesagain

Barneyridesagain

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi! I was there last year and ran most of the trails that were open. I think you would be fine with Imogene, Ophir, Engineer, Yankee Boy, etc. but I would avoid Mineral Creek (and Poughkeepsie) personally. I suggest you check out Trails Offroad, they had excellent guides, trail ratings, and trail reports. Just use a spotter and common sense and you can do most of the trails in the area without fear of damage.
Thanks Soupy, I appreciate the Trails Offroad recommendation. I had never seen that one before. Looks like a really great site.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Appreciate the feedback Razorback. Cant wait to be there.
You'll have a blast. Infact, our daughter drove the WT. She's 21 but it was her 1st time to offroad ever. Enjoy!
Sponsored