Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you group the pictures by pass?
I forget exactly which photos are from where... and I actually I just realized that some photos are from Yankee Boy Basin.

But if you have any questions at all I'd be happy to help. You could do all five passes from Ouray -> Lake City -> Ironton in one day for sure, but I'd recommend two days just so you can enjoy it.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which one is the smoothest ride with the prettiest views? Cinnamon?

Sponsored

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I would say so, yes.
I attempted it 10 years ago from the animas forks side in a Suzuki hatchback with 6in clearance. I made it up a quarter mile and reversed down the ledge and slept at the base of the trail before heading back. Time for a second shot at it

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I forget exactly which photos are from where... and I actually I just realized that some photos are from Yankee Boy Basin.

But if you have any questions at all I'd be happy to help. You could do all five passes from Ouray -> Lake City -> Ironton in one day for sure, but I'd recommend two days just so you can enjoy it.
I'm hoping to go the first weekend of October, weather permitting. Was wondering how much I could do that Sunday (maybe something late afternoon Saturday). The routes you mentioned you were able to do by yourself? For instance, I'd love to do Red Cone, but that looks like group-only, where I wouldn't want to be by myself.

Sponsored

kpark_67

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fantastic! You were in my Nirvana. I love Ouray and go every year. PS. The best time to go is late July. I can tell by your pics they were still clearing snow. I broke my Bronco's cherry there last summer.

BulldogBuck

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Looks fantastic. I'll be there August 27 staying 6 nights in Ouray. Was Mineral Creek trail open to access the loop or did you come in a different way? The website I use for trail updates hasn't had any updates for Mineral Creek yet. Hopefully by late August Imogene and Poughkeepsie will be open as well.

JaxDiego

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome pics! I'm hitting it next week for the first time!
Were you dispersed camping? Do you have any good spots marked you recommend and wouldn't mind sharing? :)

Thanks!

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was just there over the weekend myself. Lots of broncos out and about enjoying the trails. The only trail I couldn't complete was Imogene Pass, which got a bit too dicey at the top and hadn't been cleared yet by the Telluride side.

Ford Bronco Colorado Passes: Engineer -> Cinnamon -> California -> Hurricane -> Corkscrew DSC07269

Ford Bronco Colorado Passes: Engineer -> Cinnamon -> California -> Hurricane -> Corkscrew Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.04.47 AM

KT_bronco

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Transit Connect Cargo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks fantastic. I'll be there August 27 staying 6 nights in Ouray. Was Mineral Creek trail open to access the loop or did you come in a different way? The website I use for trail updates hasn't had any updates for Mineral Creek yet. Hopefully by late August Imogene and Poughkeepsie will be open as well.
Mineral Creek was open but I didn't run it, saw people coming out of the trail though and they reported it was a bit tougher than usual.
Sponsored