Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler Rubicon, Ford F350, Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I've never really been at an elevation higher than about 6,000 ft. Is there a chance of altitude sickness when you get that high up?
Yes, but it depends. Stay hydrated and maybe carry some oxygen boost stuff your first time up. It doesn't bother anyone in our family and our 2nd home in Ouray is at almost 8000 feet. But I have a friend that when they do a high elevation pass it puts their daughter to sleep.
Sponsored

rusty603

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yes, but it depends. Stay hydrated and maybe carry some oxygen boost stuff your first time up. It doesn't bother anyone in our family and our 2nd home in Ouray is at almost 8000 feet. But I have a friend that when they do a high elevation pass it puts their daughter to sleep.
Cool, I'll have to keep that stuff in mind!

OP
OP
BradW

BradW

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 1933 Ford 5w Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I've never really been at an elevation higher than about 6,000 ft. Is there a chance of altitude sickness when you get that high up?
It is definitely harder to breathe, but I have not had any issues as long as I stay hydrated. Learned my lesson on a trip to Denver a few years back.

You should constantly drink water. In the dry air you are sweating and not realizing it because it evaporate so quickly.

lexi666

Outer Banks
First Name
Jian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer bank
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you!

Fuel Covert 18" +20mm offset, 275/70/18 Ridge Grapplers, no lift. Did great on the trail. Only scraped once because I misjudged the height of a big rock and took the wrong line. :)
is your rim 18x8.5or9?

SubmarineNuke

Wildtrak
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm leaving tomorrow for Ouray to do some of these trails. Can't wait!

Sponsored

rusty603

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is definitely harder to breathe, but I have not had any issues as long as I stay hydrated. Learned my lesson on a trip to Denver a few years back.

You should constantly drink water. In the dry air you are sweating and not realizing it because it evaporate so quickly.
Thanks a lot for the info! By the way, I might be a little biased towards the 2 door obx's, but those are some of the best pictures I've seen on here! It looks like such an awesome trip! Can't wait to try it myself someday

22rcsb

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OB 2 dr, 22 sport badlands, '22 F150 rcsb
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
re Altitude Sickness. I live at sea level but I spent a few days in Quito, altitude 9400 feet, on the way to the Galapagoes. Walked around quite a bit and the only issue I had was a mild headache on one day. Locals recommend chewing coca leaves to relieve symptoms.

OP
OP
BradW

BradW

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thanks a lot for the info! By the way, I might be a little biased towards the 2 door obx's, but those are some of the best pictures I've seen on here! It looks like such an awesome trip! Can't wait to try it myself someday
Thanks! It was a blast. I highly recommend it and hope to go back soon.

TTT

Wildtrak
First Name
Alberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach E Premium
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Looking good, I'm so happy so see people doing this and sharing their experience, do you mind Sharing the map of those roads ? i will like the see the whole route

Sponsored
OP
OP
BradW

BradW

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looking good, I'm so happy so see people doing this and sharing their experience, do you mind Sharing the map of those roads ? i will like the see the whole route
Two Maps.

The top unaltered is the map of the Alpine Loop. The bottom map has our route in purple.

Ford Bronco OBX on Alpine Loop - Animas Forks, California Gulch/Pass, Hurricane Pass Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 1.16.45 PM
Ford Bronco OBX on Alpine Loop - Animas Forks, California Gulch/Pass, Hurricane Pass Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 1.14.57 PM

Old Hound

Wildtrak
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got back from a road trip in the Bronco. Baton Rouge, LA to Durango, CO and back. The Bronco did great! Very comfortable on the road and more than capable on the trail.

Saw a ton of Broncos in the Durango area and a couple out on the Alpine loop. Spoke to a few nice Bronco owners and several others who were curious and just wanted to check it out. Over all it was a great trip and I can't wait to go back.

Here are some pictures I took Thursday on the Alpine Loop! We had a blast and while we didn't do anything really technical or hard, the views were breathtaking and it was definitely the highlight of our week in the San Juans.

Wheels/tires specs: 18" Fuel Covert wheels (+20mm offset), 275/70/18 Ridge Grapplers, no lift.

Ford Bronco OBX on Alpine Loop - Animas Forks, California Gulch/Pass, Hurricane Pass Screen Shot 2022-07-18 at 1.14.57 PM

I'm headed out there the end of September for 2 weeks, hope to catch the color change and drive over a lot of the trails. Taking the wife so we won't be doing Black Bear or Imogene pass she has seen all the YouTube videos on them and has said no. Since
we are going alone I'm OK with that.

OP
OP
BradW

BradW

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm headed out there the end of September for 2 weeks, hope to catch the color change and drive over a lot of the trails. Taking the wife so we won't be doing Black Bear or Imogene pass she has seen all the YouTube videos on them and has said no. Since
My wife was scared after watching the videos on YouTube. It looks a lot worse on video and she was not the least bit scared when we were on the trail. The route we took was very tame. There were a couple of shelf roads but to be honest, I was more nervous on the 550 from Ouray to Silverton. LOL!

I3RONCO

Black Diamond
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyotas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That first pick in the river is “hang on the wall” awesome! Thanks for sharing 👍🏼

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll be out there the last week of Sep/ 1st week of October. Perhaps we'll cross paths.
Sponsored