Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We just got our 2023 Badlands recently and have started the build. We are Diode Dynamics and Pro Eagle Jack dealers and working on other things on the back end to offer more parts to compliment our offerings. We are new to Broncos but from new to Fabrication and mechanics. So far we love our Broncos and want to document our build from the beginning. We started out buying everything Diode Dynamics offers for our current Bronco. We have most of it wired but still have a few items to fab up, install and wire. We will link the items to our webpage or another webpage if it isn't and item we sell.

Here we go:

We started out with installing the Diode Dynamics Reverse Light kit and Diode Dynamics HitchMount. These greatly increased the amount of light behind the Bronco and we love these two kits. We did as some others have done and did not run our wires outside of the vehicle and back in (Photos attached) and found this to be a solution we liked better. The HitchMount is a plug and play and installs in a few minutes. It plugs into the backside of the 7 pin trailer harness. There are no warnings and the vehicle does not think it has a trailer connected. The reverse lights used the Diode Dynamics harness supplied in the kit to tie into the lights and the factory wiring. These lights work automatically and are tied into the auxiliary switch using the factory wiring so the main beam can be turned on manually as well. We used auxiliary switch 3 for these lights.
View attachment 505781 View attachment 505783 View attachment 505785

Here are the links to the HitchMount and Reverse Light Kits:

https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabricati...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=8

https://www.shiftsandgrinsfabricati...true&sa=false&sbp=false&q=false&category_id=8

Next we installed our fog lights. These are plug and play and say they don't work with the capable bumper but they do. It is my understanding they say they don't work because you can't adjust them but we found them to be aimed perfectly. We went with the yellow driving lens and amber back light. We used the supplied harness to plug the lights directly into the factory harness and then ran the backlight wiring up to the firewall and tied into auxiliary switch 6 where all but our Windshield Mount back lights are wired. We installed our Ditch Lights/ A Pillar lights at the same time. We went with SS3 Pro clear with a driving lens for these. We also opted for an amber back light. The back light is wired to aux 6 and the main beam is wired to aux 2.

Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4775
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4614.PNG

Next on the list was the SS5 windshield kit. This kit is insane!!! We opted for the pro version because overkill is our personality but I'm certain the sport version would be just fine. This kit is 7 SS5 Pro pods linked together. We drilled a hole in the windshield frame on the drivers side and ran the wires down the A pillar and through the firewall. The install isn't too bad but take your time. We can help anyone that needs it on this or any other install. We wired these back lights to a separate auxiliary switch (Switch 5) so we can control them separately from the other back lights. We used the provided harness and wired the main beam to auxiliary switch 1. The backlights are selectable to different colors and the main beams are freaking bright!!!. We changed all of our lenses out to clear driving pattern. The photo below and videos I have taken do not do the light justice. I cannot express how bright and amazing this bar is. In these photos the wiring was run up the windshield channel but we later ran it inside and drilled the hole in the windshield frame.
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4827
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4837
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4845.PNG
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4846.PNG

Next on our list is rock lights. We have them mostly installed but will update this thread when they are done.

Let us know if we can assist with anything. Lots of great parts and accessories coming for the Bronco from us.
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Rock lights installed and ADS Racing Suspension Installed. We are moving a little slower than we'd like due to being busy with the business and life.

We installed 8 rock lights which does the job perfectly. We love overkill though so we will install more. Why? Because we can and love overkill. lol

We will have a full write up on the ADS kit soon. It is so freaking awesome. I installed it in my driveway at my house with basic tools to show everyone they can tackle it themselves if they choose to. We will include a complete tool list as well. We are so excited to get some miles on this kit.

Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_4879

This is the rock light kit we installed with the added bluetooth controller.

Here are a few pictures of the ADS kit and Bronco with it installed. We haven't touched preload at all. We will drive it as it shipped with the exception of turning the compression adjustors 5 clicks from the softest.

Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5038.PNG
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5037.PNG
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5036.PNG
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5039.PNG
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5040.PNG
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5034 (1)

Here is the link to the ADS Bronco Kit.

I still have a 30" light bar I need to make mounts for and a 12 switch auxiliary controller I need to make mounts for and install. We are also working on lots of fabricated parts we ill make for this Bronco and yours.

Thanks for checking it out.

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got out to test flex and clearances a bit. I am super happy with the ADS kit.
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5054
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5052
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5051
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5043
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5042
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5049

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We got some 37s on. Wrong wheels currently but at least we got to test the +25 offset as opposed to the 0 offset we ordered. We also ordered Titanium and go Machined Finish. The correct Methods should be here soon.
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5389
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5408
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5396
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5390

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The new correct wheels came in. We haven't flexed these yet but the new ones are 0 offset and Titanium color (Which is what I ordered). @Discount Tire is awesome and got the correct wheels in right away and got them installed. I definitely recommend Discount. I've used them for years and they have never let me down.
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5417
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5418
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5419
Ford Bronco Shifts And Grins Badlands Build IMG_5420

Discount Tire

Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The new correct wheels came in. We haven't flexed these yet but the new ones are 0 offset and Titanium color (Which is what I ordered). @Discount Tire is awesome and got the correct wheels in right away and got them installed. I definitely recommend Discount. I've used them for years and they have never let me down.
A very good looking, and capable rig! Thank you for your patronage, and thanks for sharing!

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A very good looking, and capable rig! Thank you for your patronage, and thanks for sharing!
Thank you for the assistance getting an awesome set of wheels and tires. The customer service was awesome which is why I always end up back at Discount when I need wheels or tires.

Sponsored

snowcatxx87

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1290SDR EVO / 701SM / Tiger 900RP / Grom / Surron
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting name lol - I read it as Shifts and Grinds, like you had an issue with the clutch / transmission or something hahaha

Dom

First Name
Dom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Expedition, 2013 Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Very nice rig! How did you run power for the light bar? Are those SS5's?

buzpro

Outer Banks
First Name
Binky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We just got our 2023 Badlands recently and have started the build. We are Diode Dynamics and Pro Eagle Jack dealers and working on other things on the back end to offer more parts to compliment our offerings. We are new to Broncos but from new to Fabrication and mechanics. So far we love our Broncos and want to document our build from the beginning. We started out buying everything Diode Dynamics offers for our current Bronco. We have most of it wired but still have a few items to fab up, install and wire. We will link the items to our webpage or another webpage if it isn't and item we sell.

Here we go:

We started out with installing the Diode Dynamics Reverse Light kit and Diode Dynamics HitchMount. These greatly increased the amount of light behind the Bronco and we love these two kits. We did as some others have done and did not run our wires outside of the vehicle and back in (Photos attached) and found this to be a solution we liked better. The HitchMount is a plug and play and installs in a few minutes. It plugs into the backside of the 7 pin trailer harness. There are no warnings and the vehicle does not think it has a trailer connected. The reverse lights used the Diode Dynamics harness supplied in the kit to tie into the lights and the factory wiring. These lights work automatically and are tied into the auxiliary switch using the factory wiring so the main beam can be turned on manually as well. We used auxiliary switch 3 for these lights.
View attachment 505781 View attachment 505783 View attachment 505785

Here are the links to the HitchMount and Reverse Light Kits:

Next we installed our fog lights. These are plug and play and say they don't work with the capable bumper but they do. It is my understanding they say they don't work because you can't adjust them but we found them to be aimed perfectly. We went with the yellow driving lens and amber back light. We used the supplied harness to plug the lights directly into the factory harness and then ran the backlight wiring up to the firewall and tied into auxiliary switch 6 where all but our Windshield Mount back lights are wired. We installed our Ditch Lights/ A Pillar lights at the same time. We went with SS3 Pro clear with a driving lens for these. We also opted for an amber back light. The back light is wired to aux 6 and the main beam is wired to aux 2.

Next on the list was the SS5 windshield kit. This kit is insane!!! We opted for the pro version because overkill is our personality but I'm certain the sport version would be just fine. This kit is 7 SS5 Pro pods linked together. We drilled a hole in the windshield frame on the drivers side and ran the wires down the A pillar and through the firewall. The install isn't too bad but take your time. We can help anyone that needs it on this or any other install. We wired these back lights to a separate auxiliary switch (Switch 5) so we can control them separately from the other back lights. We used the provided harness and wired the main beam to auxiliary switch 1. The backlights are selectable to different colors and the main beams are freaking bright!!!. We changed all of our lenses out to clear driving pattern. The photo below and videos I have taken do not do the light justice. I cannot express how bright and amazing this bar is. In these photos the wiring was run up the windshield channel but we later ran it inside and drilled the hole in the windshield frame.

Next on our list is rock lights. We have them mostly installed but will update this thread when they are done.

Let us know if we can assist with anything. Lots of great parts and accessories coming for the Bronco from us.
Nice build ..... So are you just an online retailer? you dont have any fabrication or installation facilities, right?

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nice build ..... So are you just an online retailer? you dont have any fabrication or installation facilities, right?
We do have a fabrication facility in Gilbert Arizona. We are working on a ton of Bronco parts. We tig weld everything we build that requires welding. We started with a few universal products and did some Toyota and Jeep stuff in the beginning. We then switched to mostly Ram products until we picked up our Bronco. We are now working on lots of Bronco parts. If you have anything you’d like to see made that isn’t currently made or you’d like to see it made different or better, we are always open to suggestions and keep a list of parts to add as we have time.

I added a bunch of photos of products we have built or finished for customers over the last year or two. The aluminum bumper on the Ranger was a kit a customer bought. We welded it, blended it, powder coated it and installed it.

5370C5FD-C495-45BD-9CA3-F733DA374943.png

49C4A85E-C81C-48B5-A946-E158211F3752.jpeg

B5DEEA22-3B0C-462F-8D5C-4121C18872AD.jpeg

527D12A8-87F1-4498-9315-5BD33E96466A.jpeg

82691C69-7865-4D56-8D04-2B1D9305C600.jpeg

06C0FD66-57FC-4DF4-AAE3-8A5852661057.jpeg

59D3C9C2-8405-47DE-AC0B-CC5D3F0CC63E.jpeg

367C2417-BD76-47B5-A01E-0CCE54AA39EC.jpeg

B9D7994C-EAC2-4189-A757-09C3243BD370.jpeg

1F430548-51C5-4B5D-9879-6C6E2CBEA658.jpeg

CA270DBF-0C71-4008-8164-64F234C9CAF2.jpeg

CAA6982A-24CB-42D9-9D4F-9A80D5BC96C7.jpeg

A093F585-CCEF-4FF4-B29C-E44F60263B09.jpeg

93B986BC-9273-4CCE-8CDB-E9955A61DA90.jpeg

54EEF5A5-B56B-4E81-9852-C457FED6E505.jpeg

407DF795-3E41-4EE1-BF35-3A8F1F24C961.jpeg

BD05828D-5AC4-4DA6-AA24-681F6F8FEFCC.jpeg

53FB3CA4-EF7A-4A0A-B2A2-6D93C7198B4C.jpeg

1C46F1B6-E3F2-45C9-9E7E-31C6945D429B.jpeg

2B4074A7-5651-40AC-8C5B-8113E021C864.jpeg

CAD17920-B7DD-41B3-9A66-48A751BD50F7.jpeg

8298BE18-1254-4B56-9876-30BA4DFD27AB.jpeg

A895AEA1-8EC0-4B8D-AEC6-F97CA2D736F8.jpeg

5B4F0D89-68B3-4903-9499-F2D47D2E2618.jpeg

0742B9CA-EA5E-41DA-A5AF-9C5C69FF1B3B.jpeg

70ADB914-3C3E-4C85-8936-9C6C19832DD3.jpeg

OP
OP
Shifts And Grins Fab

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Very nice rig! How did you run power for the light bar? Are those SS5's?
Those are SS5 pros. They are insanely bright. I drilled a hole just large enough for the wiring harness to fit through. The home is on the drivers side between the two mounting studs. After I ran the wiring harness through I ran a bead of silicone around the harness to insure it is sealed. It also sits under the lights mounting bracket as well. I have had zero moisture issues. I ran the wires down the A pillar and behind the dash and then through the firewall.
Sponsored