Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Bronco 2door, 2012 Raptor, 2017 f350
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

We were intially planning on going camping in the mountains north of us this weekend, but with thunderstorms forecast, we decided otherwise.

I was playing the BN trail app treasure hunt but someone found the treasure nearest us the first day, so we decided to head out towards eastern Idaho from Twin Falls. We didn't make it very far before seeing a hitch hiker on the interstate... He was wearing a helmet and carrying a gas can. Obviously a biker out of gas. We picked him up and gave him a ride to the next exit. He and his wife were traveling from Monterey, Mexico to Boise. Didn't speak much English but seemed like a nice guy. We ride bikes too, so we felt like we should help.

That afternoon we decided to check out the army surplus store in Idaho Falls. We usually stop in whenever we are passing through the area. It's huge and you can easily spend hours there. Check it out if you are in the area. We bought a couple cases of MREs and some molle pouches for the back tailgate cover, etc.

The. We visited Yellowstone bear world and did the feeding tour where you get to feed bread to all the bears from the back of a box van without a top. My wife wanted to bottle feed some cubs but they were booked. Next time...

Then we drove through Driggs and Victor, ID, over through Jackson Hole. It's a beautiful area but full of tourons and smugg...

We ended up going out to Duboise, WY for the night. The next day, we checked out the national military vehicle museum in Duboise. This was an incredible experience. It is a private collection of military vehicles of all types. The owner was given a tour of the 144,000 square foot museum when we got there. He bought his first tank in 2010, second one in 2014. He now has over 500, not to mention jeeps, half tracks, motorcycles, planes, Higgins boats, artillery, weapons, the Bunker Hill rifle, and much more. The tour inside the building is 1.5 miles long and spans WWI through the Vietnam era. Apparently this is only about half of what he has and plans to expand into the modern era soon. Simply amazing.

After several hours of the museum we grabbed some lunch in Duboise on the Wind River. I had an elk sausage sandwich and my wife had some amazing pork "dirty fries" and huckleberry margaritas at a cool BBQ joint in town.

After lunch we walked around the town until it was safe to drive. We had planned to take a couple off road trails in the area, but the thunderstorms followed us and figured it better to not go wheeling alone in an unfamiliar area after heavy rains. Also, the locker doesn't get installed until next week...

We drove back towards Jackson and cut north through Grand Teton NP into the south end of Yellowstone. We stopped several times to get some pictures of the mountains, waterfalls, or wildlife and geysers, etc. It was raining off and on, but the temp was just right. It kept some of the would be crowds at bay too.

We had dinner in West Yellowstone and made it back to St Anthony, ID to stop and rest in a hotel for the night then drove home this morning.

The bronco did great the whole time. Lots of looky Lous and people oogling... Saw a few other broncos but only one or two 2 doors.

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_093232304_HDR

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230902_144409970

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_092154640_HDR

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_113744919

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230902_183742397

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_163457138_HDR

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_182419823_HDR

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230902_165614632

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_181103783_HDR

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_094858463_HDR

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_140748041

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_135909454_BURST000_COVER_TOP

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230902_151527417

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_115424537

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_171300686
Sponsored

Sven

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 Bronco,75 F250 CS,88 M35a2c,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Always good to see another 2dr. If you ever get back to West Yellowstone give me a shout and we can go stir up some dirt somewhere. The museum in Duboise is the bomb for sure!

OP
OP
Sozzy1269

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Always good to see another 2dr. If you ever get back to West Yellowstone give me a shout and we can go stir up some dirt somewhere. The museum in Duboise is the bomb for sure!
You're only about 4 hours away. We usually head your way a couple times a year. Usually we stay at St Anthony or Henry's Lake. We're thinking about an early snow trip out there to check it out without crowds....

1Pixie

Outer Banks
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

We were intially planning on going camping in the mountains north of us this weekend, but with thunderstorms forecast, we decided otherwise.

I was playing the BN trail app treasure hunt but someone found the treasure nearest us the first day, so we decided to head out towards eastern Idaho from Twin Falls. We didn't make it very far before seeing a hitch hiker on the interstate... He was wearing a helmet and carrying a gas can. Obviously a biker out of gas. We picked him up and gave him a ride to the next exit. He and his wife were traveling from Monterey, Mexico to Boise. Didn't speak much English but seemed like a nice guy. We ride bikes too, so we felt like we should help.

That afternoon we decided to check out the army surplus store in Idaho Falls. We usually stop in whenever we are passing through the area. It's huge and you can easily spend hours there. Check it out if you are in the area. We bought a couple cases of MREs and some molle pouches for the back tailgate cover, etc.

The. We visited Yellowstone bear world and did the feeding tour where you get to feed bread to all the bears from the back of a box van without a top. My wife wanted to bottle feed some cubs but they were booked. Next time...

Then we drove through Driggs and Victor, ID, over through Jackson Hole. It's a beautiful area but full of tourons and smugg...

We ended up going out to Duboise, WY for the night. The next day, we checked out the national military vehicle museum in Duboise. This was an incredible experience. It is a private collection of military vehicles of all types. The owner was given a tour of the 144,000 square foot museum when we got there. He bought his first tank in 2010, second one in 2014. He now has over 500, not to mention jeeps, half tracks, motorcycles, planes, Higgins boats, artillery, weapons, the Bunker Hill rifle, and much more. The tour inside the building is 1.5 miles long and spans WWI through the Vietnam era. Apparently this is only about half of what he has and plans to expand into the modern era soon. Simply amazing.

After several hours of the museum we grabbed some lunch in Duboise on the Wind River. I had an elk sausage sandwich and my wife had some amazing pork "dirty fries" and huckleberry margaritas at a cool BBQ joint in town.

After lunch we walked around the town until it was safe to drive. We had planned to take a couple off road trails in the area, but the thunderstorms followed us and figured it better to not go wheeling alone in an unfamiliar area after heavy rains. Also, the locker doesn't get installed until next week...

We drove back towards Jackson and cut north through Grand Teton NP into the south end of Yellowstone. We stopped several times to get some pictures of the mountains, waterfalls, or wildlife and geysers, etc. It was raining off and on, but the temp was just right. It kept some of the would be crowds at bay too.

We had dinner in West Yellowstone and made it back to St Anthony, ID to stop and rest in a hotel for the night then drove home this morning.

The bronco did great the whole time. Lots of looky Lous and people oogling... Saw a few other broncos but only one or two 2 doors.

Ford Bronco Labor Day weekend excursion: ID + WY + Yellowstone IMG_20230903_171300686

1Pixie

Outer Banks
First Name
Debbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Looks like a great time, thanks for sharing your pics!

Sponsored

BigSkyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - '96 Toyota FZJ80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're only about 4 hours away. We usually head your way a couple times a year. Usually we stay at St Anthony or Henry's Lake. We're thinking about an early snow trip out there to check it out without crowds....
I’m in BZN and my Bronco also has the proper number of doors. Easy to get to W. Yellowstone and it would be great to snow wheel with other 2 DRs. If you end up in the neighborhood, let me know!

Ranbronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

If yinz do any dirt give me a shout, I'm working at Madison camp just inside the West end of the Park, would like to see some back country stuff, ill be here til mid October.
I got a 4 door :confused:

OP
OP
Sozzy1269

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m in BZN and my Bronco also has the proper number of doors. Easy to get to W. Yellowstone and it would be great to snow wheel with other 2 DRs. If you end up in the neighborhood, let me know!
Almost went to Bozeman this weekend. Cool town. I bought my Raptor there years ago. Would love to meet up with some people out there for some wheeling.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escalade ESV, Cherokee 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I love that AN Store, it is one of the best in the county outside of Columbus GA. I go 2-3 times a year and typically spend 4-5 hours looking at all the stuff in the back. Problem is, it ain't a cheap store to walk out of......

I hunt them down in my travels and fortunately I fly so I can't spend too much....There is another just north of Salt Lake I want to check out the next time I drive down there. Not as big though.

OP
OP
Sozzy1269

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I love that AN Store, it is one of the best in the county outside of Columbus GA. I go 2-3 times a year and typically spend 4-5 hours looking at all the stuff in the back. Problem is, it ain't a cheap store to walk out of......

I hunt them down in my travels and fortunately I fly so I can't spend too much....There is another just north of Salt Lake I want to check out the next time I drive down there. Not as big though.
I've been to Columbus, GA but not sure which store you mean. I remember Ranger Joe's. Did basic and jump school there, then deployed through there in 09 and 10.

The one in Utah is in Brigham City I think. Not as big but has different stuff. Usually has truck parts. Axles, etc.

Sponsored

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I've been to Columbus, GA but not sure which store you mean. I remember Ranger Joe's. Did basic and jump school there, then deployed through there in 09 and 10.

The one in Utah is in Brigham City I think. Not as big but has different stuff. Usually has truck parts. Axles, etc.
Yeah that it, Ranger Joes,, still have a pilots bag and jungle fatigues that I bought there 50+ years ago. I did Jump and Ranger school in the early 70's and that was when Columbus had the "Good Bars". I hear it has been gentrified since then.

OP
OP
Sozzy1269

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yeah that it, Ranger Joes,, still have a pilots bag and jungle fatigues that I bought there 50+ years ago. I did Jump and Ranger school in the early 70's and that was when Columbus had the "Good Bars". I hear it has been gentrified since then.
Victory Lane was scuzzy as ever in 2010. My first time there was in 2000. Woof. Rough town.

Callelk

Heritage
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Victory Lane was scuzzy as ever in 2010. My first time there was in 2000. Woof. Rough town.
In the early 70's there were stripper bars on every corner...great fun but you never went alone:cool:

Still better than Leesville, LA where I did Inf school.

OP
OP
Sozzy1269

Sozzy1269

Base
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the early 70's there were stripper bars on every corner...great fun but you never went alone:cool:

Still better than Leesville, LA where I did Inf school.
Sounds about right...
At ft Bragg it's Bragg Boulevard and Merchison... C- section scars and bullet wounds with a free t-bone lunch!
Sponsored