Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks amazing man.

What's your wheel/tire/suspension setup? I love the stance.

Looks like 37's and maybe a -18 or so offset? Suspension lift?
I’m on Sasquatch suspension with RPG 2.25” perch collars. 37/13.50R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers with KMC technic wheels 17x8.5” +0 offset. Added 2” wheel spacers all around from broncbuster. So technically I’m at -50mm offset with the spacers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I was the first to have the Funhaver offroad fender liners. They are fiberglass and came gloss black. I paid a very good penny for them and they aren't the same ones any of the pre production kit broncos had so i dont think the team really fit these after they were molded. It took me a three day weekend over 16 hours to fit them, bolt them in and finally cut them all up and throw out almost have of the wasted material until i custom fit them how i saw looked best which i'm still not happy with but i had to stop at some point. If the stock ones would've fit with the new shaped fenders and quarters i would've used them again. After drilling holes and filling holes that shouldn't have been drilled and cutting them I made the choice to have them bed lined professionally. They look a lot better. The liners was the hardest thing of the entire process so far.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3877.jpg

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Finally got the kit where it needed to be after two weeks at a bodyshop. Also got the RTR tire delete because there's something about it that makes this kit look so much better, and bigger tire sizes down the road will hinder me from having one anyway. To be completely transparent, I was quoted by multiple shops $7k+ because everyone wanted to blend the door paint because of this specific color match and so after already purchasing the kit, fender liners and spraying the liners I had the shop only do half the work until I can finish the paint (hopefully soon) this winter. I've paid $3600 in body work to make it look like this only so far. I hope these behind the scenes can help people because I would be a lot less stressed if I had financially prepared for so much.

IMG_3824.JPG

IMG_3825.JPG

IMG_3828.JPG

IMG_3829.JPG

IMG_3830.JPG

IMG_3831.JPG

IMG_3836.JPG

IMG_3838.JPG

IMG_3854.JPG

IMG_3858.jpg

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3861.JPG

IMG_3862.JPG

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wow! I really appreciate all of the behind-the-scenes pics and the upfront honesty about difficulties of installing ANY fiberglass fenders with liners.

I think the finished, painted product will look great!

Dusty

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
70, 71 & '21 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Wow! Honestly, with the fitment photos you were showing and all the work involved I was very disappointed with the product you received. But those nearly-finished shots look amazing. Kudos to you and your body guy for making a silk purse out of a sow's ear. This thread is a good reminder that fiberglass body panels are never just a bolt-on affair.

Shane78

Big Bend
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Love those blacked out Iowa plates…meanwhile in Missouri they give us two strips of bacon on our plates (pun intended)

MrGreen55

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota scion xb
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was the first to have the Funhaver offroad fender liners. They are fiberglass and came gloss black. I paid a very good penny for them and they aren't the same ones any of the pre production kit broncos had so i dont think the team really fit these after they were molded. It took me a three day weekend over 16 hours to fit them, bolt them in and finally cut them all up and throw out almost have of the wasted material until i custom fit them how i saw looked best which i'm still not happy with but i had to stop at some point. If the stock ones would've fit with the new shaped fenders and quarters i would've used them again. After drilling holes and filling holes that shouldn't have been drilled and cutting them I made the choice to have them bed lined professionally. They look a lot better. The liners was the hardest thing of the entire process so far.

IMG_3492.JPG

IMG_3494.JPG

IMG_3495.JPG

IMG_3496.JPG

IMG_3497.JPG

IMG_3498.JPG

IMG_3877.jpg
So the finderliner not worth 2k that sucks. that going to make this even harder to install. Reading every thing you said about this really bums me out this kit doesn't seem worth the $5,600 in less you know a body guy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So the finderliner not worth 2k that sucks. that going to make this even harder to install. Reading every thing you said about this really bums me out this kit dos not seem worth the $5,600 in less you know a body guy.
It's a huge bummer. The only other guy i know who has his and painted doesn't have the liners and I don't think he will after all my drama.

Sponsored

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You did great with what you got. Kudos. I don't know if I'd give credit to whoever produced/shipped that to you.

Would like to see someone give this kind of insight installing the APG fenders, which are my favorites. I would hope they're better fitted, but paying top dollar doesn't always guarantee that.

What long travel kit are you considering/have?

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You did great with what you got. Kudos. I don't know if I'd give credit to whoever produced/shipped that to you.

Would like to see someone give this kind of insight installing the APG fenders, which are my favorites. I would hope they're better fitted, but paying top dollar doesn't always guarantee that.

What long travel kit are you considering/have?
Well I haven't reached out to any companies yet until I finish paying for paint work but i was hoping I could work with either RPG, Camburg with their new release or Baja kits. Whoever wants to sponsor or even partial I'll be glad :)

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks awesome. And here I was initially worried with 1.3" spacers on stock sas wheels/tires. You're definitely putting me more at ease with 2" spacer on zero offset rims and 37x13.5s

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Looks awesome. And here I was initially worried with 1.3" spacers on stock sas wheels/tires. You're definitely putting me more at ease with 2" spacer on zero offset rims and 37x13.5s
Initially i had to take off the stock running boards because they rubbed at full turn and eventually I cut the bottom of the stock fender because it’s only aluminum and it allowed me full lock turning without any issue. This has helped a few people I’ve told. Once the flare went back on it’s impossible to tell it’s cut.

IMG_1447.jpeg

IMG_1448.jpeg

IMG_1449.jpeg
Sponsored