First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
New to this forum but not new to the bronco, I'm on Instagram as @ outerbrxnco so bare with me as I navigate a new platform haha. I'll upload some photos and such here and there of this Funnhaver Offroad widebody kit as body work and paint are completed. Let me know what else you want to see behind the scenes that I haven't showed on Instagram
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress IMG_3756.JPG
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress IMG_3757.JPG
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress IMG_3755.JPG
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress IMG_3689.JPG
Ford Bronco Outerbrxnco mid travel Fun-Haver widebody build progress IMG_3754
!
Sponsored

Dino171

Wildtrak
First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3 BMWs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

WOW.... This looks amazing. Very impressed. Cant wait to see the newest changes.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A few questions:

How is fitment out of the box?
How much prep work is required prior to paint?
Got any pics of the kit installed prior to paint?

This is the best looking wide body kit on the market in my opinion.

zyglyrox

Base
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 BaseSAS / ā€˜21 Bronco Sport BB
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I follow you on IG so Iā€™m stoked to see you on the forum now too. You getting it wrapped a whole new color or keeping it grey?

Sponsored
OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I follow you on IG so Iā€™m stoked to see you on the forum now too. You getting it wrapped a whole new color or keeping it grey?
Color match carbonized grey and thanks!

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A few questions:

How is fitment out of the box?
How much prep work is required prior to paint?
Got any pics of the kit installed prior to paint?

This is the best looking wide body kit on the market in my opinion.
Fitment out of the box is dog shit. My favorite kit in the market so I made it work. So much $ has gone into bodywork that I ran out of money to paint it. Thereā€™s a lip on the rear quarters that isnā€™t supposed to be there so I cut it off and same with the stock rear piece. It also requires cutting the sheet metal so itā€™s not visible. If you have this kit thereā€™s no going back to stock ever. Itā€™s a big deal. Iā€™ll post more photos

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This looks really good! Excellent job.

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fitment out of the box is dog shit. My favorite kit in the market so I made it work. So much $ has gone into bodywork that I ran out of money to paint it. Thereā€™s a lip on the rear quarters that isnā€™t supposed to be there so I cut it off and same with the stock rear piece. It also requires cutting the sheet metal so itā€™s not visible. If you have this kit thereā€™s no going back to stock ever. Itā€™s a big deal. Iā€™ll post more photos
I appreciate the candid response. Iā€™ll hold off for now and live vicariously through you.

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Out of the box before I knew what i was getting into it seems pretty straight forward. I was the first production fit to arrive the same few days as a few others, but instructions weren't out on the site yet and wouldn't come for another two weeks which was frustrating. There's was a weird lip on the rear quarters that i'd never seen in any pre production cars and it didn't line up with the door moldings so I was told by them it would need cut off. The rear door moldings came in two parts on each side which were to be 3M taped and riveted into the door itself and then bolted on to that piece. I later changed that and fabricated one solid piece because I hated it. The package comes from Fiberwerx address which is where they chose to mass produce these panels. That was unfortunate to find out. Explains all the pain and headaches I went through. The site had stated no cutting required when first released but since then they have taken that out of the description which is good because it was false. Fiberglass cutting and body sheet metal cutting is required for this kit to fit/look clean. The gas cap provided was also not on the pre production cars. It's Barricade brand and it belongs on a Jeep, you can google it.

IMG_2700.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

IMG_2675.JPG

IMG_2676.JPG

IMG_2702.JPG

IMG_2682.JPG

IMG_2683.JPG

IMG_2868.jpg

Sponsored
OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Raw install for the rear showing what i mean about the stock lip and fiberglass lip that has to get cut. Gaps in the door moldings that have to later get worked out at your shop. Also showing the sheet metal that has to be cut or will look wack. Luckily i Did a lot of this myself because i'm so attention to detail in my driveway because i knew the shop wouldn't have my same vision and passion.

IMG_2895.JPG

IMG_2896.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2860.JPG

IMG_2861.JPG

IMG_2862.JPG

IMG_2864.JPG

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Behind the scenes on the most intimidating part, clearance for tires/whats required to make this kit complete. Cutting the body and using sealant and Rustoleum reform and seal coating for rust proofing rough edges. I've never done anything like this before but it's very rewarding to try something new and after all it's my car I can cut it up how I want.

IMG_3032.PNG

IMG_3035.JPG

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3876.jpg

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3098.JPG

IMG_3099.JPG

OP
OP
outerbrxnco

outerbrxnco

Outer Banks
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Next up was the fronts which was my own personal choice to later fit 40-42" tires and long travel. About 2" off. Loren Healy did this to his fronts as well to fit his large tires. Photos of the before and after to show examples. Finished it off by cutting more sheet metal and painting anything exposed black so it'll be more discrete.

IMG_3139.JPG

IMG_3142.JPG

IMG_3146.JPG

IMG_3147.JPG

IMG_3148.JPG

IMG_3151.JPG

IMG_3172.JPG

IMG_3174.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3169.JPG

IMG_3168.JPG

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3050.jpg

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Looks amazing man.

What's your wheel/tire/suspension setup? I love the stance.

Looks like 37's and maybe a -18 or so offset? Suspension lift?

popo_patty

Big Bend
First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/1996 Jeep XJ/1957 FC-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Thanks for very honest feedback. The only other feedback Iā€™ve seen on these were from an influencer I suspect got a deal on them who has said nothing about the install and raves about them and posts pictures of the car parked in random places. I love hearing from people their actual experiences. It helps us as buyers be better educated. Thank you! I still love the end result in these despite the work involved. I hope their QC improved as they were really teasing a whole long travel line-up for a long time and all we got at the end was a bunch of very overpriced bolt ons that didnā€™t bring anything new to market.
These fenders are an exception. Love the look.
Sponsored