Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4dr Badlands - 2023 2dr Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wow your suspension clearly isn't set up well. That was a big send but especially in sand you shouldn't have bounced so radically. You need more rebound damping and possibly multiple other changes. A rig can crawl and jump on the same setup but fast, real time electronics also help a lot...
Nope, definitely not set up for those kinda jumps lol. Hopefully with the LT kit and some good coilovers (looking at ADS at the moment) with hydraulic bumpstops, I should be better in the future.
Sponsored

OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Damn bro!! Totally sent it! Are those the stock rock sliders? They did good on the rocks.
Yup, stock sliders and besides the Lobo Off Road front skid, all factory skids and have been great!

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shiftsandgrinsfabrication.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2022 Bronco Wildtrak Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Colorado week was epic. You definitely killed it on the gate keeper at Grizzly. I love your build so far and can't wait to see it progress

Dimitar

Badlands
First Name
Dimitar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Oh shit, it looks just like mine! Except I haven’t put any graphics yet. Not loving the UG ones.

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Awesome times & truck. Good share & great info!

Sponsored
OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

love the new wheels you put on there
Thanks man! They look great and I've run them at 8 PSI with zero issues so far. Fittipaldi FB151 17x9 -38

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands gets ADV widebody kit + 37's [Gatekeeper crawling & jump videos added] Build7

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Updated with videos crawling up Gatekeeper at Grizzly Lake during Super Celebration West and a jump clip:

I've owned my Bronco Badlands Sasquatch since March 1st 2022 and it has already been through so many changes.

Started off with just some new wheels - Method 315 17x9-12 with some 35" General Grabber X3s. Before I started wheeling it, I had all the Broncbuster steering upgrades done (which I still have) as well as the 3" Body Lift and Zone 3" with their UCA's

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands gets ADV widebody kit + 37's [Gatekeeper crawling & jump videos added] Build7

I loved the look and the height, it looked very nice. Paired with the stripes from @Underground Graphics it felt perfect to me. Also installed the @MandRautomotive dual pods in the bumper and his 40" lightbar which fit just perfect on the capable bumper. Ditch lights I went with @Diode Dynamics. Wanted to go 37's but there was a shortage with General Tire at the time so I went with the BFG KM3s which did great.

Wheeled it a bunch, with zero issues. From there I upgraded my stock Sasquatch Suspension to the Eibach Pro Coilovers set to max length. Added KBD fender flares which made it look even taller and provided a bit more clearance. Also added the Flowmaster Flow FX catback and cut off the tips so I could tuck it under more.

Made it out to Sand Hollow for the first time and it was amazing. Jumped and wheeled the Bronco a lot in the dunes in Sand Hollow with zero issues. From here I met Chris, the owner of @Lobo Off-Road and thought his high clearance bumpers looked great. Ended up adding his bumpers and front skid to the Bronco and his rear plate relocation. In the process, I removed my body lift which made it a lot lower but it felt so much more grounded. Also picked up the @Quake LED trail site deletes and their 4.5" square pod lights for the front bumper.

In Moab we did a lot of wheeling and some dunes, that's where I kinda F'ed up and jumped a little too high. Crunched my fenders all around. Got a hold of @ADV Fiberglass and talked to them about running their 8" widebody kit.

Sent it a little too hard there buddy.

Recently I got the fiberglass panels installed and have been testing it off-road a bit here in TX and out in Colorado for SuperCel. There's hardly any rubbing and it looks great! I also swapped out my wheels for Fittipaldi Beadlocks with 2" spacers (until I get my Long Travel kit) and back to 37's with General Grabber X3's. Installed the Hammerbuilt tailgate reinforcement as well. Have a few @Metalcloak goodies on it as well, their trailing arms and some lower control arm skids.

Colorado was amazing!

So from here, my Bronco is currently at a shop getting the final prep done on the Fiberglass and then to a local wrap shop. Once wrapped I'm going to be shopping around for a 3.5" Long Travel kit and new coilovers to go with it and then some tuning. Would love to run it in some of the upcoming Raptor Rallys. Special thanks to my sponsors that have helped me out so much with this build, and the community, y'all are awesome! 35k+ miles with zero issues unrelated to anything stupid I caused my self. I love this thing!

danggggggggggggggg nice

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha yeah, I do sketchy things slow and fast 😄

That pic was at the top of Grizzly Lake, beautiful spot! The gatekeeper was kind of tough for people but the rest of the trail is easy. This is it (video):

Is that video of the “Gate Keeper” in and then out?
It looks to be a 3 hour drive for me to get there from where I’ll be. Trail rating says 8/10 difficulty. If that’s because of the Gate portion I’m still game to try it.

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks to be a 3 hour drive for me to get there from where I’ll be. Trail rating says 8/10 difficulty. If that’s because of the Gate portion I’m still game to try it.

That is the gate keeper. It’s an out and back trail. The gate keeper is the hardest part. Nothing else really that difficult at all. Maybe two other pretty easy obstacles.

Sponsored
OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yup but if you look at it when I go down, the group behind us stacked so many rocks it was a super easy climb for everyone. I definitely wouldn't rate it an 8/10... Have you been to Red Cone? We got to the top and then a lot of the group didn't want to do the narrow part, I was bummed.

20230909_133024.jpg

Shifts And Grins Fab

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha yeah, I do sketchy things slow and fast 😄

That pic was at the top of Grizzly Lake, beautiful spot! The gatekeeper was kind of tough for people but the rest of the trail is easy. This is it (video):

That video does not do that gatekeeper justice.

CustomPerformance

Raptor
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F450
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Thanks man! They look great and I've run them at 8 PSI with zero issues so far. Fittipaldi FB151 17x9 -38

Ford Bronco Bronco Badlands gets ADV widebody kit + 37's [Gatekeeper crawling & jump videos added] 20230909_133024
Good looking wheel. So are you still running 2" wheel spacers with this wheel set up and the 8" ADV Fiberglass? Trying to figure out how big of a spacer I will need to run the 8" ADV glass without too much poke, but enough that the tires aren't engulfed by the new glass too much. Yours looks like it's just about right. If you are running -38 offset I'd probably need at least a 3.25" spacer to run a 9" wide +0 wheel.

OP
OP
fields_day

fields_day

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Good looking wheel. So are you still running 2" wheel spacers with this wheel set up and the 8" ADV Fiberglass? Trying to figure out how big of a spacer I will need to run the 8" ADV glass without too much poke, but enough that the tires aren't engulfed by the new glass too much. Yours looks like it's just about right. If you are running -38 offset I'd probably need at least a 3.25" spacer to run a 9" wide +0 wheel.
Thank you! Yep running the 2” spacers still and hoping to get my Long Travel set up this month so I can remove them. Yeah I think what your measurements are should be about flush with the wide body kit.
Sponsored