Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_5456

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_5457

Here’s a little writeup about my build so far… Started out as a Badlands Sasquatch Lux package. Told my wife it wouldn’t need any modifications because it was perfect from the factory… Hahah

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_4663

Started out with some simple modifications and then things got outta control.

First major modification was the suspension. Decided on Fox 2.5 coil overs to replace the Bilstein suspension. The ride quality greatly improved and it has been one of my favorite modifications so far. Couldn’t run the Fox suspension with the factory UCA‘s so I replaced them with Camburg Racing Billet UCA’s.

The rear shocks were also replaced with Fox 2.5’s and the rear lower links were replaced with APG Offroad midrunner adjustable lower links.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_3231

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_5451

Of course the OEM wheels and tires won‘t fit with the UCA’s because of backspacing. I replaced the wheels with KMC KM549 GRS in Satin Black, wrapped in 37” BF Goodrich KO2s. These really changed the look of the bronco and compliment the carbonized gray.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_3899

The factory Badlands sticker was embarrassing.. Luckily Archetype Racing released the Bronco script logos. I lucked out and picked them up off a Bronco6G member so I did have the long wait time. The plastic fenders were also swapped out with DV8 Metal fenders. The DV8 fenders provide additional clearance than the OEM plastic fenders.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_0126
Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_0127

The grille was replaced with an OEM Wildtrak grill and the hood was replaced with an ADV Fiberglass Ram Air Hood. Finish and paint was done by APG Off-road. A-Pilar and fog lights were outfitted with BajaDesigns lights and wired to the upfitter switches.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_0128

The interior Orange accents weren’t my favorite and I replaced it all with red accents. The red handles were purchased from ford and the air vent tabs were from Bronco Depot. I also had a Ford Performance tuner installed by a local dealership.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_0130
Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_0129

The Modular steel bumper is still my favorite option and I can’t justify spending the money to replace it at this point. I replaced the corners with the APG high clearance bumper corners. The headlights were also swapped out with OEM Raptor takeoffs. Direct plug and play from the signature LED headlights.

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_5423

With the added weight of the 37” rear tire, I needed to reinforce the tailgate. I went with the HammerBuilt tailgate reinforcement bracket. Super easy instal and no more creaking tailgate!

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood IMG_5339

ADV One-Piece hardtop was pre ordered on day one. The most recent update says shipping mid January.. fingers crossed!

What’s next?.. maybe a long travel kit from APG.. or sell it and buy a BRaptor!

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood img_5457-jpe
Sponsored

WheresMyBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looks good! What did you do about the rest of the orange on the interior?

OP
OP
O-BRONCO-O

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks good! What did you do about the rest of the orange on the interior?
Haven’t swapped out the orange stitched seats yet… but they’re not super noticeable. For the door pouches, I’m going to order the American Adventure Labs Molle Pannels. Can’t decide if I want to go red or black..

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Haven’t swapped out the orange stitched seats yet… but they’re not super noticeable. For the door pouches, I’m going to order the American Adventure Labs Molle Pannels. Can’t decide if I want to go red or black..
My unsolicited opinion is go black. The subtle red is perfect - too much red and it will be over done. Your Bronco is BAD ASS! Great job.

Sponsored

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very nice!
Have you addressed steering? I’d at the minimum do bushings, if not go 3.0 rack since you have 37s.

OP
OP
O-BRONCO-O

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Very nice!
Have you addressed steering? I’d at the minimum do bushings, if not go 3.0 rack since you have 37s.
I was going to pull the trigger on the BroncBuster 3.0 Rack replacement and forgot about the Black Friday 20% off sale.. hopefully they have another sale soon and I’ll do it. Definitely need to upgrade the rack.. afraid to hit the trails solo!

Has anyone done the 3.0 swap by themselves? Any issues programming? (Or is it even necessary)

Aonarch

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘23 Bronco OBX 2DR Lux 2.7, ‘24 V60 Polestar
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I was going to pull the trigger on the BroncBuster 3.0 Rack replacement and forgot about the Black Friday 20% off sale.. hopefully they have another sale soon and I’ll do it. Definitely need to upgrade the rack.. afraid to hit the trails solo!

Has anyone done the 3.0 swap by themselves? Any issues programming? (Or is it even necessary)
Mechanically the swap is easy, but you do need to program the 3.0 rack with a Wiltrak VIN. It requires FDRS. We have a huge thread on it. It is DIYable if you are comfortable with all that I wrote.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Badlands Build: Fox 2.5 / Camburg UCA / APG lower links / KMC wheels / 37" BFG KO2 / ADV Hood img_5457-jpe

Here’s a little writeup about my build so far… Started out as a Badlands Sasquatch Lux package. Told my wife it wouldn’t need any modifications because it was perfect from the factory… Hahah

First major modification was the suspension. Decided on Fox 2.5 coil overs to replace the Bilstein suspension. The ride quality greatly improved and it has been one of my favorite modifications so far. Couldn’t run the Fox suspension with the factory UCA‘s so I replaced them with Camburg Racing Billet UCA’s.

The rear shocks were also replaced with Fox 2.5’s and the rear lower links were replaced with APG Offroad midrunner adjustable lower links.

Of course the OEM wheels and tires won‘t fit with the UCA’s because of backspacing. I replaced the wheels with KMC KM549 GRS in Satin Black, wrapped in 37” BF Goodrich KO2s. These really changed the look of the bronco and compliment the carbonized gray.

The factory Badlands sticker was embarrassing.. Luckily Archetype Racing released the Bronco script logos. I lucked out and picked them up off a Bronco6G member so I did have the long wait time. The plastic fenders were also swapped out with DV8 Metal fenders. The DV8 fenders provide additional clearance than the OEM plastic fenders.

The grille was replaced with an OEM Wildtrak grill and the hood was replaced with an ADV Fiberglass Ram Air Hood. Finish and paint was done by APG Off-road. A-Pilar and fog lights were outfitted with BajaDesigns lights and wired to the upfitter switches.

The interior Orange accents weren’t my favorite and I replaced it all with red accents. The red handles were purchased from ford and the air vent tabs were from Bronco Depot. I also had a Ford Performance tuner installed by a local dealership.

The Modular steel bumper is still my favorite option and I can’t justify spending the money to replace it at this point. I replaced the corners with the APG high clearance bumper corners. The headlights were also swapped out with OEM Raptor takeoffs. Direct plug and play from the signature LED headlights.

With the added weight of the 37” rear tire, I needed to reinforce the tailgate. I went with the HammerBuilt tailgate reinforcement bracket. Super easy instal and no more creaking tailgate!

ADV One-Piece hardtop was pre ordered on day one. The most recent update says shipping mid January.. fingers crossed!

What’s next?.. maybe a long travel kit from APG.. or sell it and buy a BRaptor!

AMAZINGGG. You put this together perfectly. I have been sitting on fox 2.5s for about 4 weeks now. Trying to decide if I should keep or sell. I finally decided to keep them two nights ago. Orders UCA. Seeing this and the build has given me many great ideas. Like the upgraded bumper corners. Had no idea that existed. You did mention that you had to upgrade from the stock sas tires due to backspacing? Can you can explain that? Because it sounds like I am going to have to get new tires too.

OP
OP
O-BRONCO-O

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mechanically the swap is easy, but you do need to program the 3.0 rack with a Wiltrak VIN. It requires FDRS. We have a huge thread on it. It is DIYable if you are comfortable with all that I wrote.
Awesome! I’ll take a look at the thread

Sponsored
OP
OP
O-BRONCO-O

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

AMAZINGGG. You put this together perfectly. I have been sitting on fox 2.5s for about 4 weeks now. Trying to decide if I should keep or sell. I finally decided to keep them two nights ago. Orders UCA. Seeing this and the build has given me many great ideas. Like the upgraded bumper corners. Had no idea that existed. You did mention that you had to upgrade from the stock sas tires due to backspacing? Can you can explain that? Because it sounds like I am going to have to get new tires too.
The Fox 2.5’s are great. I think the required backspacing depends on what UCA’s you get. The Camburg ones I have require a 5.0” backspacing. The stock Sasquatch wheels are a +33 offset and did not have enough clearance between the tire and UCA. Switching to a 0 offset gave me enough clearance between the tire and UCA.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking good!

I thought about the red handles from Ford too, but haven't pulled the trigger. I'm actually able to ignore the orange more than I thought I would. The red handles look good in there!

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
"Started out with some simple modifications and then things got outta control."

Hahaha! It always goes that way! Nice build. Well done indeed. As for a Raptor, too much has been done! You're invested :)

Last edited:
OP
OP
O-BRONCO-O

O-BRONCO-O

Badlands
First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hahaha! It always goes that way! Nice build. Well done indeed. As for a Raptor, too much been done! Your invested :)
Haha that’s how all good stories begin…!

Thanks! You’re right.. never gonna get back what I put into it.

ssypien

Wildtrak
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clean, nicely done!
Sponsored