First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Getting into Ford's intended business plan is kind of pointless because they keep having to pivot and they are not where they thought pre pandemic.

Ford wanted Bronco centric dealerships, they also wanted EV only dealerships. There was going to be a Bronco lineup of vehicles, all sorts of plans that keep changing due to politics, buying trends with EVs, supply constraints, inflation, interest rates, the economy... not to mention union issues, plant retooling, bla bla bla. Oh and roof issues 🫣

So many things were coming out in the news, not sure what was realistic or just wishful thinking.
Ford had this incredible boom lined up, with the Bronco, the Maverick, and the initial hopes of the Lightning. The interest and demands, I believe, were unprecedented. They couldn't deliver on time, the costs went through the roof, the quality suffered, and the public lost faith in what should have been amazing time for Ford. Granted some of the circumstances were out of their control, but they didn't navigate the storm nearly as well as other auto makers.

Anyway, we have the Bronco, which was way overdue, I just hope they keep improving what needs improving and leave the stuff that works, alone. Change for the sake of change isn't needed, so leave the body style alone. 😎
Focus on improving quality and enough with special editions until the established trims are sorted out, roofs, tie rods and all.

And because, any chance I get ....
Bring back Anti Matter Blue.
Sponsored

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Hopefully a refresh entails of a new software update for Carplay, as that has to easily be the worst part of my Bronco. 50/50 chance of it actually working upon vehicle start, and 25% of the time it works it takes a minute or two to connect. Other times it simply will not connect and I will have to restart the vehicle (as turning my phone off/on does nothing).

However, this is my first time w/ Carplay in a vehicle and wonder if it's on Ford's end or Apple's end. If it's Apple's end, we're definitely SOL.
Nah it's CarPlay. CarPlay is Satan's spawn.

Some brands (cough BMW) implement phone projection better but you can't escape stupid things like GPS location being wrong due to compass interference and CarPlay wanting to use the phone's GPS instead of the car's.

voxel

Heritage
First Name
Nelson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach-E 4X, 23 GC Limited
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

The ONLY thing I truly liked about my 23 Sequoia was the V6 hybrid powertrain which was built for power and not efficiency.

I think Ford and many other car makers need to follow Toyota's hybrid lead and have electric-motor boost power at low speeds and often you can get rid of start-stop complexity (Jeep has a second 12V battery!!) by using the hybrid battery. Many Hybrids don't even have alternators.

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

A refresh typical means significant style changes to either the exterior, interior or both. I doubt we will see either for 2025. Sure, a few new colors, maybe some improved interior pieces or mechanics but I wouldn't count on anything major. And colors are limited due to the amount of spray guns in the paint booth.
A mid-cycle refresh is generally not “significant.” This is more like an iPhone “S” coming out the year after the newest phone. You’re generally talking new bumpers and wheel choices for exterior and minor to mid-level updates in the interior. These changes coming in ‘24 most likely for the ‘25 cycle have been basically confirmed as much as is possible for years now by the major auto journos. It’s definitely coming but I think we’re talking tweaks and upgrades to things that aren’t working like they initially intended, not significant changes.

oneryan

Heritage
First Name
ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
land rover discovery
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Been hearing about the 2025 refresh for the Bronco. When do you guys think we will hear official news from Ford about the changes for the 2025 models? June/July?
Do you think they will make any changes to the Bronco Raptor?
Or, you think they will only refresh the lower trim levels?
What would you like to see changed on the Raptor?
For me I would like to see the fenders get more of a wide body kit with smaller fenders. That would be perfect IMO.
What are you guys and gals thinking?
redesign??? i haven't gotten the one i ordered 3 years ago yet!!!

Sponsored

Nc211

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes GLS450 (2020) / OBX Dual Top 2.7 (2024)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm waiting for my 2024 OB to get built at the moment, but noticed chatter about a 2025 refresh possibly? I didn't give it a second of thought to pull the trigger on the 2024, knowing how car designers these days are leaning more towards rounded edges and modern looks. I'm kind of hopeful the refresh one day goes in that direction, making this first generation of 6g even that more appealing to the crowd. One of the great things about this Bronco isn't what it is, but actually what it isn't in the crowded automotive world. It isn't aerodynamic. It isn't trying to be all things to all people all the time. And that's exactly why I tossed the keys to my beloved Mercedes Benz after 10 years of perfection at any speed (E350 / 2014) for a loud cruising shoe box that reminds me of every Tonka toy I ever played with as a kid! I'm 50 years old now, suburbanite, Costco Cruiser, and the Bronco is the coolest damn thing I've seen on 4 wheels in a very very long time! I'm almost 2 months in for the waiting process.....

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you link your source so I can educate myself further? Behind the scenes decisions such as these fascinate me and it's reminiscent of the Probe almost becoming the next gen Mustang.
Not @PrepVet … but yeah there have been multiple attempts to bring the Bronco back over the years. Some of them are discussed in the Bring Back Bronco series Ford published on YouTube… really cool series.

I don’t have any super juicy insider information, but from discussions I’ve had with some Ford folks… what saved the Bronco was opportunistic timing with the second gen T6 platform development—the platform used for the Ranger and Everest. Without that and the decision to bring the Ranger back into the North American market it wouldn’t have made sense economically.

hellb0y

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco OB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hopefully a refresh entails of a new software update for Carplay, as that has to easily be the worst part of my Bronco. 50/50 chance of it actually working upon vehicle start, and 25% of the time it works it takes a minute or two to connect. Other times it simply will not connect and I will have to restart the vehicle (as turning my phone off/on does nothing).

However, this is my first time w/ Carplay in a vehicle and wonder if it's on Ford's end or Apple's end. If it's Apple's end, we're definitely SOL.
older iPhone?
I have 0 issues with mine, connects within 5s!

Fly

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
A mid-cycle refresh is generally not “significant.” This is more like an iPhone “S” coming out the year after the newest phone. You’re generally talking new bumpers and wheel choices for exterior and minor to mid-level updates in the interior. These changes coming in ‘24 most likely for the ‘25 cycle have been basically confirmed as much as is possible for years now by the major auto journos. It’s definitely coming but I think we’re talking tweaks and upgrades to things that aren’t working like they initially intended, not significant changes.
Squared fenders for everyone and Everglades wheels in the Sasquatch package. Done and done.

RimrockPaul

Base
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
Typically that would be anywhere between June-August. I believe it's too early to know anything about the 25 model years as of now but I'd like to see a digital gauge cluster and hopefully an upgraded hard top
Maybe they would solve all issues for 6G before added more broke crap on top of existing broke crap for 6G+ or whatever it will be.

Sponsored

Tex

Wildtrak
First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Another option I would like to see would be an actual roof rack for the 4 doors instead of a roof rack for both the 2 door and 4 door. I wonder why you can't add the roof rack from the factory for the Bronco Raptor, maybe its because its too tall for shipping or something. I found a solution for the extra crossbar for the roof rack on Amazon. It will add a crossbar to the back of the top. I will want something like this for my Yakima ShowBoat 66 retractable roller to make loading and unloading my kayak easier.

Roof Corssbar

Video of what I'm talking about
Hey how about just a rack that you can use as a rack without having to buy a second rack to stick on your rack to use it like a rack. Or removing your rack and replacing it with an expensive real rack so you can use it like a rack. Or making the mounting structure out of aluminum or steel instead of plastic so the rack can handle some weight when you're using it as a rack. Or damn just make the crossbar position adjustable like on the 4runners at least ffs I have a useless decoration on top of my Bronco that's nothing more than a mount for my lightbar.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

2door

Outer Banks
First Name
AA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco® The Sasquatch™ 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Android play is a pos in Ford GM AND RAM. Not sure about Appleplay
Your phone may be causing all the troubles.
I haven't had any issues with Android Auto in my Bronco - it works flawlessly.
Sponsored