Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As titled — was driving a road I’m very familiar with, no traffic around. Decided to give it some gas to get up to speed quickly, then applied some braking. “Pre-collision Assist” popped up in red on my dash with an audible alert. Is this caused by the sudden acceleration and deceleration? Has anyone else encountered this?

2021 BL, 2.3L 7MT, Lux package
I had a faulty sensor and had it replaced the second day I had my Bronco. The faulty sensor prevented the cruise control from working.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I thought I just read an article that stated there was an recall on this issue. I may have this incorrect, but it was some recall on a device not properly installed / aimed in the correct position.

shimmy825

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I just read an article that stated there was an recall on this issue. I may have this incorrect, but it was some recall on a device not properly installed / aimed in the correct position.

Yea. That’s true

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I had a faulty sensor and had it replaced the second day I had my Bronco. The faulty sensor prevented the cruise control from working.
Yeah, my cruise control seems to be working fine — I also made sure to tighten down my fuse box bolts. This one instance seems to just be an ambitious cross traffic detection of sorts

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My vehicle is not affected by that recall, I don’t believe. It was manufactured after the recall’s window.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Actually, this could be it — there’s a slight bend in the road where I accelerated with parked cars on the curb. Seems like the pre-collision assist may be a bit overzealous in this exact situation. I wasn’t speeding, or at risk of losing traction whatsoever, so I assume the only system that could’ve caused this was an incorrect cross-traffic flag.
Although a different vehicle, I’ve had a similar occurrence happen on my ‘18 Audi A5. Rounding a significant bend, there was parked cars on it. It applied braking and essentially “prepared for impact” (the seatbelts instantly tightened and scared the crap out of me).

MikeyFrog

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Although a different vehicle, I’ve had a similar occurrence happen on my ‘18 Audi A5. Rounding a significant bend, there was parked cars on it. It applied braking and essentially “prepared for impact” (the seatbelts instantly tightened and scared the crap out of me).
I've had my wife's VW do this while parking in a garage. Super annoying.

Norm A.

Badlands
First Name
Norman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Better scared then squeezed 😉

Min_Ahn

Badlands
First Name
Min
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang, 2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sorry for bumping an old post but I got this error in my Fordpass app while I was tinkering with Forscan. Nothing on the dash so just hoping it's a temoporary thing..

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The system only knows that you are closing on an object. It happens often when you come up behind a car that is turning right, you know the car is turning but collision avoidance doesn’t know, it just knows you are closing too fast.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The system only knows that you are closing on an object. It happens often when you come up behind a car that is turning right, you know the car is turning but collision avoidance doesn’t know, it just knows you are closing too fast.
Not what happened in my case, so I’m sure it happens to others as well.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not what happened in my case, so I’m sure it happens to others as well.
I agree, but if you changed direction towards parked cars, it might have seen them and alerted. The sensor points straight forward, and if straight forward has an obstruction in the way that is too close you’ll get the warning.
Sponsored