Sponsored

Brake assist, backup assist, sensors on Base bumpers?

banditmask

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge 3500 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered a 4dr Bronco in base trim with the sasquatch package and i would like to build my own bumpers. What electrical gizmo crap is on this model front and rear bumper areas? I seen some mention of radar and other gizmos that have to be positioned just right in aftermarket bumpers. What is in the base model and can it be bypassed?
Sponsored

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think you're good! No gizmos other than the license plate lights.

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

No radar or reverse sensors unless you get the mid package. No forward sensing unless you get the high package. Base packages will have some pretty naked bumpers to play with.

OP
OP

banditmask

Base
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Dodge 3500 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Perfect, thanks.

No radar or reverse sensors unless you get the mid package. No forward sensing unless you get the high package. Base packages will have some pretty naked bumpers to play with.
[/QUOTE

Sponsored

Jv15

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
In the order guide, under Base it still has “Pedestrian Detection” and “Forward Collision Warning” in the Co-Pilot 360 section - are you thinking those are separate from the bumper?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pedestrian detection and some amount of precollision uses a camera on the windshield.

Adaptive cruise and more precollision use the exposed radar module right where the front license plate normally goes.

I don't know how much Ford balances camera/radar for the precollision; both can handle it in a limited capacity. Radar cannot detect fully-stopped vehicles, but cameras can be confused by car-shaped objects.
Sponsored