Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The desk in my home office
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, I have a Honda Passport that has both, but it's garbage. The lane centering feature regularly drives itself out of the lane and then the lane departure warning toggles on and shakes the steering wheel and flashes a signal in the dash. It's...so stupid. If you know you're outside of the lane, why did you drive me there? What junior ass engineering team built this trash? Honestly...I prefer nothing over this hot garbage.
Some brands are actually not horrible at this. Tesla is the obvious one but many premium brands arenā€™t bad and Hyundai/Kia/Genesis actually has really done well with this feature.
Sponsored

Reactions: Rpm

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
After driving my 2-door FE for the last few days, I have to say that the lane keeping assist needs work. Mine basically does nothing to keep you in the lane (alert+aide is turned on in settings).

On well marked roads going over 40mph which is what it requires to kick on, there are many times that the steering wheel hasn't given me any vibration input let alone moving the Bronco back into the lane. That said, the alert works much better than the steering aide which has not one time put me back into the lane after testing over several days.

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?
My experience is completely different. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works, almost feels self driving.

OP
OP
mortgagebruce

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My experience is completely different. In fact, I was pleasantly surprised at how well it works, almost feels self driving.
Curious if a OTA software update might solve the issue? When was your Bronco built? Different firmware could certainly impact this.

Boston182

First Edition
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson Sportster
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Mine came from the Factory at the lowest setting. I turned up the sensitivity to medium. Works way better.
I apparently need to dig into the settings, Or sit and read the damn manual.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unfortunately, the bronco doesnā€™t have an active lane centering like other newer fords and only has a shoddy lane keep assist.
Thank goodness. Luckily I can still drive myself.

Sponsored

Rpm

Wildtrak
First Name
Moe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Curious if a OTA software update might solve the issue? When was your Bronco built? Different firmware could certainly impact this.
I have to check the version. But this was june 21 dirt mountain build, deleivered on Nov 6th.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't seem to work at all in my Bronco even with the highest setting. It worked really well in my 2019 Raptor.

jmcl

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 4-door
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I will admit I had aspirations it would be better and after 3 months of ownership I feel it is a complete waste, and I want my money back on this technology. I have driven F150, Escape, and even the Bronco sport and they performed very well.

ICUGAZN

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will admit I had aspirations it would be better and after 3 months of ownership I feel it is a complete waste, and I want my money back on this technology. I have driven F150, Escape, and even the Bronco sport and they performed very well.
I works just fine for me once I actually turned it on. šŸ˜‚

Zen89

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Iā€™ve had my bronco for about a month now, itā€™s my first vehicle with lane keeping assist. I came from a 2016 4runner. Iā€™ve found on the freeway if you take your hand off the wheel and slowly drift toward another lane it will correct the vehicle and put it back in the right direction. However, Iā€™ve also found it to activate and steer itself even when Iā€™m completely dead center in my lane. It happens often too. Initially I thought I had bad tires, but I came to realize itā€™s this lane assist feature that seems to activate when it shouldnā€™t. Iā€™m going to turn mine off.
Sponsored