Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Even though Levine said the Bronco doesn't have ADA...I found this that calls out Outer Banks and Badlands with it, which actually read speed limit signs.

Screenshot_20210321-100158~2.jpg
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is that for the Sport or fullsize? I know the Sport has stop-and-go.

You'd think lane-centering would be a given with lane-keeping. It's still using a visual camera, identifying lane markings, and sending commands to the power steering to make adjustments. It just needs to be more aggressive than lane-keeping. Hopefully Forscan can enable it.

---

Screw chic-fil-a. They put one in a horrible spot in my city and traffic will back up way into a major intersection and almost back to the interstate. Every Saturday there's a minor collision. Do you guys really need their chicken THAT BADLY?

---

Re: driver assistances. Another common scenario: Making a lane change, you look over your shoulder to diligently check your blind spot like a proper driver. If the car ahead of you hits the brakes, your car will react. Without, you could bump them and you're 100% at fault because you weren't watching ahead. Not every drive is an offroad adventure, sometimes you just want to relax. Nothing wrong with a camera watching for deer for you.

---

I don't understand why traffic sign recognition has been available on so many Euro-spec cars (even Fiestas and Focus) but here in America it's barely implemented on Fords.

---

Why is it "power windows" is the boomer go-to for "more things to break!". It's usually crank windows that end up stripping a gear and the damn regulator is riveted in place and impossible to easily remove. Replacing a power window motor once every 15 years is three small bolts and a connector.

Last edited:

6GSooner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I am quite surprised that the Full Size Bronco does not have Lane Centering and only has the useless Lane Keeping, unlike the Bronco Sport. It also lacks the Stop & Go feature useful in traffic.

For information, Lane Centering is the equivalent of the basic Tesla Autopilot. Your car will drive itself on the highway, taking turns without issue and stay in the lane and slow down or accelerate as needed. Consumer reports praises the Ford Lane Centering system as one of the best in the industry, behind Tesla. I recently test drove a Bronco sport and I can confirm the Lane Centering with Intelligent adaptive cruise is game changing for long road trips.

Interestingly the more expensive Bronco full size only has basic adaptive cruise with Lane Keeping. Most people including myself find the Lane Keeping system useless and intrusive, all it does is alert you and send corrections in the steering when being too close to a lane. I always deactivate this feature on my rentals.

A lot of people on this forum do not like automated / advanced safety features and that's fine. But for those of us who like it it's disappointing to see that the much more expensive and newer Full Size Bronco doesn't have the most advanced feature of the little Sport.
If I wanted someone else to drive my bronco, I’d hand the keys to my wife.

luvmybronco

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco sport, 1969 Bronco sport, 1990 F250 Lariat 4x4, 2015 F150 Lariat super crew 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call me old fashion, but I don't want to rely on some computer to drive for me. Especially in an off road vehicle that will get wet, beat up, and cause more issues. More options means more computers, sensors, more expense when things go bad. If people need these kind of features to drive, then I feel real bad for the world if ever a time happens when ALL technology and computers are gone and people will have to learn all over again how to survive.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I completely understand that some people want smart cars, but I am a much better driver when it's NOT easy to drive.

(Hence the preference for stick.)

I'll take the dangerous, twisty backroad instead of the freeway sometimes even if it takes longer just so I have to do some serious driving.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just bringing this thread to the top so everyone can post their desire and ability to drive a Bronco and not have the Bronco drive itself.

Bonus points are awarded for:
-Mentioning it’s just one more thing to break (double points for mentioning power windows)
-Using “nannies” in your post
-”Guess I’ll just have to drive myself”
-Questioning someone’s ability to drive if they (“they” can be hypothetical) express any desire or interest in this system
-”Where my Bronco goes doesn’t have lanes”
-“It’s a Bronco. Not a Tesla” (luxury SUV brands can be substituted as well)

You’re welcome! :p

Last edited:

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that for the Sport or fullsize? I know the Sport has stop-and-go.

You'd think lane-centering would be a given with lane-keeping. It's still using a visual camera, identifying lane markings, and sending commands to the power steering to make adjustments. It just needs to be more aggressive than lane-keeping. Hopefully Forscan can enable it.

---

Screw chic-fil-a. They put one in a horrible spot in my city and traffic will back up way into a major intersection and almost back to the interstate. Every Saturday there's a minor collision. Do you guys really need their chicken THAT BADLY?

---

Re: driver assistances. Another common scenario: Making a lane change, you look over your shoulder to diligently check your blind spot like a proper driver. If the car ahead of you hits the brakes, your car will react. Without, you could bump them and you're 100% at fault because you weren't watching ahead. Not every drive is an offroad adventure, sometimes you just want to relax. Nothing wrong with a camera watching for deer for you.

---

I don't understand why traffic sign recognition has been available on so many Euro-spec cars (even Fiestas and Focus) but here in America it's barely implemented on Fords.

---

Why is it "power windows" is the boomer go-to for "more things to break!". It's usually crank windows that end up stripping a gear and the damn regulator is riveted in place and impossible to easily remove. Replacing a power window motor once every 15 years is three small bolts and a connector.
Good point on the Sport...I'm not sure. I forget about the sport being listed as a Bronco...

mkennedy009

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Triumph Bonneville T100 110th Anniversary
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

A friend of mine bought a top of the line Ram truck and it has this, he said his wife drives it and she’s not a good driver. I guess people need this.

Got me to thinking about all my past accidents, none of them happened because I drifted out of my lane. Hmmm, guess I’ll have to drive the Bronco myself.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I wonder if the varying heights and widths (sas flares) of the bronco played a part in why it doesn’t have lane centering...

Sponsored

jaeggernaut

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M Coupe // Volvo P1800S // Caterham CSR 200
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What do you mean by no stop and go feature ? Pretty sure the engine shuts down at a stop unless you use the cancel button.
Cruise control stop and go. Will auto slow down/speed up with traffic in front of you all the way down and back from a stand still.

LostInArizona

Badlands
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands non-sas 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Uh, who cares? Drive the damn car yourself. 🤣

I mean look, I get collision detection and all that but what do you REALLY need features like that for?

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all these nannies, I'm wondering if I'll wake up on Saturday morning and find my Bronco already left to run the trails without me!

Wouldn't be too bad if it films itself and starts a YouTube channel so I can get all that internet money...

Pythonic

Wildtrak
First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 Ford Exploder
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm not buying the whole idea of 'bronco is an offroad-capable vehicle therefore doesn't need assist technologies'. By contrast, we of course expect the 2021 Raptor to have this feature, since it's also available in the regular F150 trims and I'm sure plenty of people will love it for highway driving and road trips.

There's also the safety aspects of what the more advanced assist technologies can do. It can make driving safer particularly for folks who will, in any case, be doing less safe things like eating their Big Macs while driving on the highway. If folks are gonna take their hands off the wheel, I'd rather the tech keep the vehicle centered instead of their right knee. I trust the tech more than I trust the average driver, personally.

I suspect Bronco will join the Mach-E and F150 in 2022 or 2023 with the active 2.0 technology and people are going to pay the extra cash for the option. I mean, when you're getting into 60K+ for a vehicle, you'd hope it'd have the latest and greatest tech. Those who don't want it can just not option it on their builds. Easy.

jwoobs

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Just bringing this thread to the top so everyone can post their desire and ability to drive a Bronco and not have the Bronco drive itself.
I would make this a drinking game, but I don't want to die of alcohol poisoning.
Sponsored