Sponsored

Does Android Auto NOT suck for some of you?

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
After coming across a random suggestion on another Ford vehicle forum (Mustang E/F-150/Maverick whatever it was) I DELETED THE FORDPASS APP and my Android Auto now works fully as intended. Incoming and outgoing call audio is heard both directions, via wired or wireless. Bluetooth to Sync connection is set to Use Phone's Ringtone, for what that's worth. My FordPass app was version 4.31.1, Android Auto version 10.9.634644.
I tried that and unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me. My main problem is freezes. When the head unit is reset everything always works as intended.The problem is that I need to reset 3-4x per day if I drive a lot. I put over 1000 miles on the truck in the past week and it has been annoying.
Sponsored

bradcd

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saab 9-3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I tried that and unfortunately it did absolutely nothing for me. My main problem is freezes. When the head unit is reset everything always works as intended.The problem is that I need to reset 3-4x per day if I drive a lot. I put over 1000 miles on the truck in the past week and it has been annoying.
Do you have any other issues with your phone? I assume you've tried clearing the cache and storage files for the AA app itself, but have you tried clearing your base system cache? It's helped me in the past with some weird network issues. https://www.howtogeek.com/414466/should-you-clear-the-system-cache-on-your-android-phone/

Winds of Change

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Obx SaS/2021 Bronco sport Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

S21 Ultra 5G, lux package 22 bronco WT.
It works well... no problemos at all.
Same set up. I lose connectivity when using the AA navigation.

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have an Apple work phone and a Pixel phone for myself.
I used it interchangeably. Android auto does freeze and bug more than Apple.
I know that because when my Android fails, Apple Carplay kicks in and it never fails.

It got a lot better in the past few months though. Maybe the system updates. 🤷‍♂️

Los

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Disco3
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Same set up. I lose connectivity when using the AA navigation.
I have lost connection a couple of times, but the system usually reconnect, other times I have to reconnect my phone and back to business...
I'm sorry your having connectivity issues, have you tried contacting Ford support?
Sponsored