Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 jeep cherokee, piece of junk Korean car
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

in a bizarre twist, it would appear android auto and apple carplay, 2 features that are standard even on the budgetist of budget cars, can only be gotten through the mid(+) package, and not "a la carte" on the standard.

here is a screenshot of the big bend options:
Ford Bronco (debunked lol) android auto not available on base bronco Screenshot_20200715-160912~2

and here is the base options:
Ford Bronco (debunked lol) android auto not available on base bronco Screenshot_20200715-160643~2

as we can see here, the base bronco is locked to standard, while the big bend can be upgraded to mid:
Ford Bronco (debunked lol) android auto not available on base bronco Screenshot_20200715-161428~2

though, oddly enough, apple carplay/android auto is not listed in the mid package description...
Ford Bronco (debunked lol) android auto not available on base bronco Screenshot_20200715-161544~2

so all we really know from this is that apple carplay/android auto is not available on the base bronco, it is likely that any bronco with the standard package will lack them.

i know a lot of y'all are old folks and probably don't care, but the only thing about the piece of junk korean car i am driving now i like better than my old XJ is the map that comes up on the touchscreen when my phone is plugged in.

edit: ford is apparently claiming this is a mistake, will be standard on all broncos
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jook13

Base
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki samurai
Your Bronco Model
Base
I don't understand? Can I connect my phone with Bluetooth and listen to podcasts? That's all I want. Even an aux cord is good enough. What's apple and Android play or whatever do?

Paint

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I don't understand? Can I connect my phone with Bluetooth and listen to podcasts? That's all I want. Even an aux cord is good enough. What's apple and Android play or whatever do?
Bluetooth should be fine. AA/AC basically just mirror your phone on the screen (with compatible apps).

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

cool map

Sponsored

Panmort

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Outer Banks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank goodness that’s the case. I was going to go up a trim possibly just so I could get CarPlay.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

in a bizarre twist, it would appear android auto and apple carplay, 2 features that are standard even on the budgetist of budget cars, can only be gotten through the mid(+) package, and not "a la carte" on the standard.

here is a screenshot of the big bend options:
Ford Bronco (debunked lol) android auto not available on base bronco Screenshot_20200715-161544~2

and here is the base options:

as we can see here, the base bronco is locked to standard, while the big bend can be upgraded to mid:

though, oddly enough, apple carplay/android auto is not listed in the mid package description...

so all we really know from this is that apple carplay/android auto is not available on the base bronco, it is likely that any bronco with the standard package will lack them.

i know a lot of y'all are old folks and probably don't care, but the only thing about the piece of junk korean car i am driving now i like better than my old XJ is the map that comes up on the touchscreen when my phone is plugged in.

edit: ford is apparently claiming this is a mistake, will be standard on all broncos
yeah my fiancé is gunna want the apple car play. how much to you think the mid package will be?

OP
OP
BE_

BE_

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

yeah my fiancé is gunna want the apple car play. how much to you think the mid package will be?
ford came out and said they made a mistake, carplay is standard. sorry for the confusion.

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Cool, it was a mistake. I was kind of like WTF no AP/AA. We actually use it a bit as the maps are nice to mirror. I was wondering if it was a play to get people to buy subscription navigation based service by locking AA/AP out unless you got a trim level to activate it.
Sponsored