Sponsored

Does Android Auto NOT suck for some of you?

Try4mud

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My exact experience as well with both phones.

Mine had issues here and then when I had the Pixel 7 Pro.
I now got a Pixel 8 Pro. Happy to say, no more issues.
I think it is either the software or the built in VPN been messing it up.

Android is like Windows. Sometimes it just PITA to fix, could be cache, corrupted files, leftover junks, etc etc.
Also I used to have Google Fi VPN, it sometimes mess up the wireless connection. I now use Pixel 8's Google One VPN, it is smart enough to leave Wireless android auto alone.
Sponsored

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a S23+ with the latest updates and have no issues with AA.
The one exception is when using navigation on long trips (4+ hours) the connection will start to get buggy.
I've seen this in several other cars too so will put that down to a Google problem since they own the code.
I've seen this a couple times, I put it down to the phone getting hot. It's running Android Auto that is doing my navigation and playing my music while charging the whole time. Plus doing typical phone things like telling Google where I am, what I'm listening to and what we are talking about :) :) :)

Even without charging it still gets pretty warm, I'm sure that having a case on the phone makes it harder to cool the phone too.

MotoVexGT

Badlands
First Name
Ahnamataeus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Galaxy S22, S23, zFold, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel Fold, all work fine.

Interesting note about the VPN. I runs an adguard proxy DNS (to block ads) and wonder if it is messing with the AA wifi connection. Anyone knows which IP addresses I need to whitelist for AA?
I didn't have to add anything for AA to work with AdGuard.

OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Galaxy S22, S23, zFold, Pixel 6 Pro, Pixel Fold, all work fine.

I didn't have to add anything for AA to work with AdGuard.
8 inch or 12 inch screen?

Sponsored

the poacher

Badlands
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ford ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pixel 7, Android 14, no issues what so ever.

Canoehead26

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On my Bronco it is a buggy as hell. Locks up at least once a day (I typically have only two 20 min commutes), sometimes more.

I have tried running it only wired, only wireless, mixed, nothing makes it better. Not sure if it is a Ford or Google issue. I have seen similar lockups with Chevy rentals. On the other hand it works flawlessly on my wife's GLC300. I also tested it with a CarlinKit 5.0 wireless adapter on the GLC (https://a.co/d/57D2ezh) and it does not freeze there too. Tempered to just buy the Carlinkit for the Bronco and call it a day, because Ford and/or Google clearly have no interest in fixing bugs.

When responding please note the phone and major version of Android you are using.

I am on a Samsung S23U with the latest software updates. The Bronco is also fully updated, last patch was Oct 2.
Both Android Auto and SiriusXM in my 23 Outer Banks are garbage. All my previous four F-150 Lariats, which I can no longer afford to buy, worked flawlessly. Dealer just shrugs their shoulders.
Ford Bronco Does Android Auto NOT suck for some of you? 1698439123372

MrsTuffPaws

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki Sidekick, Nissan Cube
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Pixel 7. I'd say maybe 20-30% of the time it doesn't want to connect, wired. Wirelessly I'd say 50-60% it won't connect. It freezes up on my maybe once a month? I only use it for maps and once in a while music.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Not a fan. Miss Sync 3. S23. Sometimes I feel there needs to be a day long class, kinda like Offroadeo but less fun to teach me Sync 4.

CrazyPete

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GMC Denali 2500HD Duramax
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Soooooo....i have a new Samsung S23 Ultra for a few weeks now and had my 1st issue today. Not sure if there was an update somewhere last night, but didn't have any real issues before. As soon as i started the Bronco, my phone "connected" and was calling myself...really weird. I disconnected that call. I shut off and started the Bronco about 3 more times while running errands...each time it did the same thing. The last time, my audio completely stopped working....no FM, AM, Sirius, or flash drive music. The Audio icon on the radio was grayed out and wouldn't do anything. After trying several things, i finally disconnected my phone from the Bronco and the audio immediately came back. When i reconnected it, the audio stopped and was grayed out again. I finally deleted my phone from the Bronco and paired it again. It seems to be working fine now. Wtf?...just suddenly stops working? Our 2018 GMC 2500 Sierra Denali has never been a problem with our phones or Android auto. Hope Ford figures this mess out soon.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GroovyGeek

Black Diamond
First Name
Boyan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Kyukidoeric

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco (former 69 & 77 Bronco owner)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

On my Bronco it is a buggy as hell. Locks up at least once a day (I typically have only two 20 min commutes), sometimes more.

I have tried running it only wired, only wireless, mixed, nothing makes it better. Not sure if it is a Ford or Google issue. I have seen similar lockups with Chevy rentals. On the other hand it works flawlessly on my wife's GLC300. I also tested it with a CarlinKit 5.0 wireless adapter on the GLC (https://a.co/d/57D2ezh) and it does not freeze there too. Tempered to just buy the Carlinkit for the Bronco and call it a day, because Ford and/or Google clearly have no interest in fixing bugs.

When responding please note screen size of your Bronco, as well as the phone and major version of Android you are using.

I am on a Samsung S23U with the latest software updates. The Bronco is also fully updated, last patch was Oct 2.
My sync 3 in my Bronco Sport was awesome. But my sync 4 in the Bronco totally sucks...

OrangecrushBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Lux screen. Droid > crapple always so yeah it doesn't suck. The broncos have had some bizarre quirks but that's not the phone's fault. I've had sound suddenly go quite and have had to pullover turn the truck off open the door, close the door and start back up. This however is the Bronco's issue.

n5mj

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 FSB, '97 Ranger, '03 Sport Trac, '11 SHO
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Moto X4, Android 9 (don't hate, it works fine as a phone), works fine with my 11 SHO to send/receive phone calls. The SHO was bought specifically because it didn't have a screen - didn't want the complications that come with screens as they age.

Fast forward to the 22 BB with 8" screen. Absolutely unreliable AA either wired or wireless. Usually want to see navigation from the phone. Will show a map for a few minutes, then lock up, so I use a Garmin and leave the Bronco screen for just the radio or XM. I'm thankful for the HVAC and radio *knobs* on the dash.

Just got a Ford firmware update - to v. 3.5.4. "Small changes here and there." smh.
Sponsored