First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Been saying for a long time the Bronco had the ancient useless version of lane keep, and not the modern version most other Fords get. ACC is the ancient version as well and not the full stop and go.

Virtual-Chris

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not even gonna go there. :censored:
Ha. I thought that might draw some attention. :)

Of course, in an ideal world, we all signal when exiting, even when there’s no one for miles but theres also situations where you need to do an evasive maneuver (again no one may be around you) where signaling is not necessary or possible right?

Maybe Fords system handles this elegantly, but I didn’t like it in the Kona I rented where I often felt it was unnecessarily correcting me or I was fighting it.

Rahkmalla

Base
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 K900
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Been saying for a long time the Bronco had the ancient useless version of lane keep, and not the modern version most other Fords get. ACC is the ancient version as well and not the full stop and go.
Wait, the ACC doesn't even full stop? That's garbage. Stop and go traffic is when ACC on my K900 was the most useful.

Sponsored

bmclain

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Explorer, 2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine works fine other than I haven't felt the alert even though I have set to aid and alert. I kind of like the aid, its not overly aggressive but provides a level of protection that I appreciate.

No need for hate, just turn it off if you don't like it.

Shinoko

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted about this in my writeup a while back, but the lane assist is garbage. I came from a 2016 Subaru that worked more effectively than the lane assist on the Bronco. It is effectively not there. I test drove a number of far cheaper vehicles several months ago and they all worked better than the system on the Bronco.

When I was driving on long stretches of straight road, it would have identified both sides of the lane, but if I drift out, it would do nothing. Other times, it would randomly work. There was no consistency. At other times, it would take over and try to shove me out of a narrow road. I concluded it was more of a safety hazard than a help, as the lack of consistency made it unsafe and unusable. I also found it was hard to overpower compared to other vehicles, so when it pushes you out, it pushes you aggressively and you have to really turn into it to break it free.

My Subaru on the other hand, was much more predictable and controlled, it would slowly push you back in and worked 100% of the time when the lane was identified. The movement was subtle and you could easily overpower it if need be. My wife's Honda and the other vehicles I rode in with her worked the same way. It was more of a gentle nudge less of a hard push like the Bronco is.

The Bronco system also yells at you about not having your hands on the wheel when you don't put input in during a certain time window. When driving in flat, straight states home, it would go off several times in a few minutes. Yes, I had my hands on the wheel, but I didn't need to turn it because there was nowhere to turn to. So I had to put input in that was unnecessary just to shut it up.

By far one of the weakest points of the Bronco IMO. I've since left it disabled. My guess is there is a threshold required for it to activate that isn't met when you slowly drift out of the lane, which is why it is inconsistent. That or the sensor is stupid and can't tell you've gone out, although the indicators seem to work fine most of the time, it's the actual assist that doesn't work for crap.

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I posted about this in my writeup a while back, but the lane assist is garbage. I came from a 2016 Subaru that worked more effectively than the lane assist on the Bronco. It is effectively not there. I test drove a number of far cheaper vehicles several months ago and they all worked better than the system on the Bronco.

When I was driving on long stretches of straight road, it would have identified both sides of the lane, but if I drift out, it would do nothing. Other times, it would randomly work. There was no consistency. At other times, it would take over and try to shove me out of a narrow road. I concluded it was more of a safety hazard than a help, as the lack of consistency made it unsafe and unusable. I also found it was hard to overpower compared to other vehicles, so when it pushes you out, it pushes you aggressively and you have to really turn into it to break it free.

My Subaru on the other hand, was much more predictable and controlled, it would slowly push you back in and worked 100% of the time when the lane was identified. The movement was subtle and you could easily overpower it if need be. My wife's Honda and the other vehicles I rode in with her worked the same way. It was more of a gentle nudge less of a hard push like the Bronco is.

The Bronco system also yells at you about not having your hands on the wheel when you don't put input in during a certain time window. When driving in flat, straight states home, it would go off several times in a few minutes. Yes, I had my hands on the wheel, but I didn't need to turn it because there was nowhere to turn to. So I had to put input in that was unnecessary just to shut it up.

By far one of the weakest points of the Bronco IMO. I've since left it disabled. My guess is there is a threshold required for it to activate that isn't met when you slowly drift out of the lane, which is why it is inconsistent. That or the sensor is stupid and can't tell you've gone out, although the indicators seem to work fine most of the time, it's the actual assist that doesn't work for crap.
I would basically agree with this assessment. Not a very well fleshed out feature, and borderline useless.

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have everything turned on on the medium or normal setting, just have the assist turned off. So far I've not gotten a single alert, and while I've been driving w/o accidents for a very long time, it's still odd. When ever this stuff is in rental cars I get alerts and steering assist. I guess I'll have to hit the highway when it's not busy and see if the system even works. I changed the collision emergency break to show me an alert, so I'll at least know if it works at all. Don't really want to test that part though :-D

OP
OP
mortgagebruce

mortgagebruce

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Rubicon Hard Rock (SOLD) / 2020 Porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I have everything turned on on the medium or normal setting, just have the assist turned off. So far I've not gotten a single alert, and while I've been driving w/o accidents for a very long time, it's still odd. When ever this stuff is in rental cars I get alerts and steering assist. I guess I'll have to hit the highway when it's not busy and see if the system even works. I changed the collision emergency break to show me an alert, so I'll at least know if it works at all. Don't really want to test that part though :-D
You do have to be going 40mph for the system to work.

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This stuff does take a bit of getting used to. I have the alert and assist on the highest setting. Lane keeping alone sort of ping pongs you within the lane. With lane centering, its far better. Mine has HUD and shows a graphic with lane markings and when centered, both sides show green. when get out of center, it goes to yellow and then red. With ACC on, it shows the center in white when you are in or beyond the distance you set. As you get closer to the vehicle ahead, it turns yellow and then red if you are really close.
The emergency alarm thing is pretty jarring when you don't expect it. If it detects you coming up on a vehicle and no foot on the brake, it flashes a large red box and beeps like crazy. I've thankfully never had to test the auto braking. I've heard it doesn't work like a normal stop. It's like a last resort that really slams the brakes on.

nc-hiker

Black Diamond
First Name
Neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid, 2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If I order a Bronco with the Standard Package (and not the Mid or Luxury package), it will *not* have lane keeping assist, right? I hate the lane departure warnings on my Passport and I am very interested in ordering a vehicle without these electronic nanny's.

Bigmoose

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Flex Ecoboost Limited
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Regardless if it works well or not it definitely helps with lower insurance rates.

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I travel frequently for work, and have driven many types of rental cars with varying types of lane centering. More than once I have had a car with lane centering turned on almost cause an accident. Quite a few times the car would want to take an exit ramp when I had no intention of exiting. Other examples would be on decreasing radius turns, the car would abruptly input more steering angle than required, almost yanking the wheel out of my hands.

Driving to me is about the experience, not a utility. If I don't enjoy driving the vehicle I am in, I don't keep it. I firmly believe people that don't like driving, have never had an exciting car to drive that handles well.
DId you order the manual trans?
Sponsored