Sponsored

Does anyone have experience with MoBridge?

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I actually don't know the answer to either just yet. I haven't begun the disassembly yet.

If it fits with whatever subwoofer option I go with, I will use the factory location. I'm keeping an eye on the JL Stealthbox, but god knows how long until that is available. I'd rather not cramp the cargo space with a tailgate enclosure.

Way cool! How does it compare in size to the factory amp? Are you planning on mounting it in the same location?
Sponsored

gringoloco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I actually don't know the answer to either just yet. I haven't begun the disassembly yet.

If it fits with whatever subwoofer option I go with, I will use the factory location. I'm keeping an eye on the JL Stealthbox, but god knows how long until that is available. I'd rather not cramp the cargo space with a tailgate enclosure.
Agreed. Looks like the Stealthbox should accommodate the factory amp (and hopefully others), too.

Ford Bronco Does anyone have experience with MoBridge? 668B4879-013D-4AAD-AE00-24368821F142

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Interested to hear how this works out. I waffled on my original choice when I learned of this @mObridge unit, but ended up going with Audiotec Fischer (Match DSP8) for the (non-subwoofer) amp and DSP. I still need to get my preamp interface, and will probably get the Mobridge DA-G2.ENTRY A2B.

In the event the Mobridge folks are curious why someone made this decision, it was because of the TuneEQ function on the Audiotec Fisher DSP (and their well-regarded software in general) and also because Mobridge looked to publish only peak wattage numbers, which left me wondering what RMS numbers looked like. I also ordered the Match amp from Europe and saved a lot over Crutchfield.

In any event, I hope this product is a success for Mobridge and for you.

Tye

Raptor
First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche GT3, Range Rover P525, Audi Etron Chronos
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Interested to hear how this works out. I waffled on my original choice when I learned of this @mObridge unit, but ended up going with Audiotec Fischer (Match DSP8) for the (non-subwoofer) amp and DSP. I still need to get my preamp interface, and will probably get the Mobridge DA-G2.ENTRY A2B.

In the event the Mobridge folks are curious why someone made this decision, it was because of the TuneEQ function on the Audiotec Fisher DSP (and their well-regarded software in general) and also because Mobridge looked to publish only peak wattage numbers, which left me wondering what RMS numbers looked like. I also ordered the Match amp from Europe and saved a lot over Crutchfield.

For what its worth, they have published RMS numbers now

• 6x 150W Channels @ 4ohms | 75w RMS
  • 2x 300W Channels @ 4ohms | 150 RMS
  • 1x 500W Subwoofer Channel @ 4ohms (or 800W @ 2 Ohms) | 250 RMS & 400 RMS
  • 1x 4V RMS RCA pre-out
  • <0.003%THD
  • 105db SNR

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Thank you for the honest feedback. We are hoping to add some form of auto tuning similar TuneEQ to mObridge DSP soon! We know it is a feature people want.

Our Ford A2B entry units are readily available from our office in California, and they are currently on sale if you wanted to pick one up.

Sponsored

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Sounds good to me! You guys are pretty close.

John P.

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@mObridge I just ordered it online. Figured I’d spend > $10 in gas driving to you guys.

Have you had any reports from owners about preferred settings for this unit and the Bronco? I imagine the entry unit still offers the ability to tune chime volume, etc., right? How about the dip switches?

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@mObridge I just ordered it online. Figured I’d spend > $10 in gas driving to you guys.

Have you had any reports from owners about preferred settings for this unit and the Bronco? I imagine the entry unit still offers the ability to tune chime volume, etc., right? How about the dip switches?
Thank you, Will get it out to you tomorrow!

Yep, all fully adjustable. Typically people run +12db for the phone, that's about all i have had feedback on. They are all adjustable live though so you can play around and get the right levels for your liking pretty quickly

Dip 6 up for Broncos.

Braptrr

Raptor
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Braptor, 1998 Panoz AIV
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Any wire diagrams? Or better install guide? Didn’t see anything to work off the main manufactures website.

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I thought I’d update this thread since I originally found mObridge from this forum.

I just installed mine and what a little beast.

Fraser was super helpful when I had questions.

I am running all the speakers from it plus an aftermarket sub. The DSP software is top notch and even allows presets to be controlled through the speed compensated volume.

I still need to tidy up the power run but all good so far.

I was going to run a separate sub amp but this powers what I have with no problems.

Units case is built really well and the harness is really nice.

The only surprise is there doesn’t seem to be a fan in it and there are no passive cooling fins because she gets pretty hot, probably not a big deal. It’s doing a lot.

I recommend.

Ford Bronco Does anyone have experience with MoBridge? IMG_0100

Last edited:

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I thought I’d update this thread since I originally found mObridge from this forum.

I just installed mine and what a little beast.

Fraser was super helpful when I had questions.

I am running all the speakers from it plus an aftermarket sub. The DSP software is top notch and even allows presets to be controlled through the speed compensated volume.

I still need to tidy up the power run but all good so far.

I was going to run a separate sub amp but this powers what I have with no problems.

Units case is built really well and the harness is really nice.

The only surprise is there doesn’t seem to be a fan in it and there are no passive cooling fins because she gets pretty hot, probably not a big deal. It’s doing a lot.

I recommend.

Ford Bronco Does anyone have experience with MoBridge? IMG_0100

Mine is running well, but still waiting for my calibrated microphone to properly tune the system.

Post sales service and support has been great. Once I have it tuned, I will give a full review. As more people tune systems and premade calibrations become common, tuning will be a matter of downloading someone else's tune and making personal tweaks to suit your ear.

There are a few small details that few would notice with regards to the A2B bus, however I want to discuss with Fraser before I disclose anything about it. Nothing that would be an issue regarding the performance of the unit or impact daily use. It also may be user error on my part, so it would not be fair to jump the shark without giving Fraser a chance to address the subtle discrepancy (I am far from the typical person who would install a system). Thus far, I am very pleased and currently recommend it without reservation (mostly because the support has been amazing, but also the product delivers).

rutherk1

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 4 door Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine is running well, but still waiting for my calibrated microphone to properly tune the system.

Post sales service and support has been great. Once I have it tuned, I will give a full review. As more people tune systems and premade calibrations become common, tuning will be a matter of downloading someone else's tune and making personal tweaks to suit your ear.

There are a few small details that few would notice with regards to the A2B bus, however I want to discuss with Fraser before I disclose anything about it. Nothing that would be an issue regarding the performance of the unit or impact daily use. It also may be user error on my part, so it would not be fair to jump the shark without giving Fraser a chance to address the subtle discrepancy (I am far from the typical person who would install a system). Thus far, I am very pleased and currently recommend it without reservation (mostly because the support has been amazing, but also the product delivers).
Are you running a sub off the sub channel?

I noticed the sub speaker out has 2 +/- leads. Obviously because the OEM enclosure has a dual voice coil driver. I am curious to know if the amp sees a series or parallel circuit.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Are you running a sub off the sub channel?

I noticed the sub speaker out has 2 +/- leads. Obviously because the OEM enclosure has a dual voice coil driver. I am curious to know if the amp sees a series or parallel circuit.
That is a great question, and I am not going to guess, because it could be either way, but I suspect that it is series. Otherwise with the factory sub-woofer, it would only be a 1 ohm load.

I will have to go check with the Ohm meter tomorrow to be sure. Won't be hard to tell... It will be either 8 ohms (series) or 2 ohms (parallel) now that I replaced the sub-woofer.

brtd

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' BL, '15 LR4, '22 Beta 390-RS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I was instructed to join each pair into a single conductor and treat it like a monoblock amp.

mObridge

Wildtrak
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Fraser
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW e92 328
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Those channels are bridged internally. So it would see the factory as a 1 ohm. It can drive 1 ohm you will just hit the current limit and you wont get as much power as you will at 2ohm.

Best to drop in a dual 4 ohm VC subwoofer. Or as @brtd simply join the wires together and feed into a single 2ohm.
Sponsored