SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As titled — was driving a road I’m very familiar with, no traffic around. Decided to give it some gas to get up to speed quickly, then applied some braking. “Pre-collision Assist” popped up in red on my dash with an audible alert. Is this caused by the sudden acceleration and deceleration? Has anyone else encountered this?

2021 BL, 2.3L 7MT, Lux package
Sponsored

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As titled — was driving a road I’m very familiar with, no traffic around. Decided to give it some gas to get up to speed quickly, then applied some braking. “Pre-collision Assist” popped up in red on my dash with an audible alert. Is this caused by the sudden acceleration and deceleration? Has anyone else encountered this?

2021 BL, 2.3L 7MT, Lux package
Don't know about why that happen... but this weekend I'm going to try and turn off my parking sensor in the middle off because of the push bar I added...

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’ve gotten a couple of false triggers of the alert when I’m turning from a straight road onto a slightly angled one and there’s a car parked at the corner of the crooked intersection, that’s to be expected.

Definitely haven’t gotten random triggers with no traffic around.

OP
OP
SPITmadFIRE

SPITmadFIRE

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve gotten a couple of false triggers of the alert when I’m turning from a straight road onto a slightly angled one and there’s a car parked at the corner of the crooked intersection, that’s to be expected.

Definitely haven’t gotten random triggers with no traffic around.
Actually, this could be it — there’s a slight bend in the road where I accelerated with parked cars on the curb. Seems like the pre-collision assist may be a bit overzealous in this exact situation. I wasn’t speeding, or at risk of losing traction whatsoever, so I assume the only system that could’ve caused this was an incorrect cross-traffic flag.

projectbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Colorado ZR2
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have seen this pop up on 3 or 4 different occasions in the past two months. It alerts about a frontal impact and displays red lines in front of a car right on the cluster screen. I mentioned it to my dealer and could not find duplicate the issue or find fault codes. Warning usually lasts for a second or two and its gone like nothing happened.

Sponsored

Vico

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Actually, this could be it — there’s a slight bend in the road where I accelerated with parked cars on the curb. Seems like the pre-collision assist may be a bit overzealous in this exact situation. I wasn’t speeding, or at risk of losing traction whatsoever, so I assume the only system that could’ve caused this was an incorrect cross-traffic flag.
Probably the same case then I think.

Here’s the little fork where I’ve triggered mine on several occasions…

Ford Bronco “Pre-collision Assist” alert incorrectly displayed on dash CA080257-C7DB-4A97-ACD2-020F40A18BB6

Typically, there’s another car parked down the line where the gray car is parked, so turning off to the right makes the sensor think you’re gonna hit when in reality you’re turning off towards where that Dodge is heading.

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep WJ Grand Cherokee Overland
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In the vehicle settings right on the infotainment screen you can change the sensitivity. I think there are three settings: high, medium, low. If you are getting too many alerts for your liking you can drop it down a notch.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Probably the same case then I think.

Here’s the little fork where I’ve triggered mine on several occasions…

Ford Bronco “Pre-collision Assist” alert incorrectly displayed on dash CA080257-C7DB-4A97-ACD2-020F40A18BB6

Typically, there’s another car parked down the line where the gray car is parked, so turning off to the right makes the sensor think you’re gonna hit when in reality you’re turning off towards where that Dodge is heading.
Silly question here: My Big Bend with Mid-Package didn't come with front-warning sensors that you guys are talking about. I thought all Broncos had them! I guess not, correct?

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Silly question here: My Big Bend with Mid-Package didn't come with front-warning sensors that you guys are talking about. I thought all Broncos had them! I guess not, correct?
You have the sensors! They are on the windshield as part of the rear view mirror assembly

Sponsored

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You have the sensors! They are on the windshield as part of the rear view mirror assembly
Thanks for the info....I'll have to look at my owners manual!

BudgetBronco

Base
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I've had it pop up a number of times, but because the Bronco doesn't like my driving style haha!

BlazinGTO

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 GTO M6 2004 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Don't know about why that happen... but this weekend I'm going to try and turn off my parking sensor in the middle off because of the push bar I added...

Have you looked underneath yet? I had my bumper off and i don't know if that will be an easy thing. All the sensors are wired to a single harness at the very front driver's side. Unplugging it gets you a parking sensor error and you obviously lose all sensors.

Maybe a relocation of the sensor but there is very little slack in the wires. They would have to extended on that single sensor.

That's just my observation. Maybe there's a forscan workaround.

cowman

Outer Banks
First Name
cowman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you looked underneath yet? I had my bumper off and i don't know if that will be an easy thing. All the sensors are wired to a single harness at the very front driver's side. Unplugging it gets you a parking sensor error and you obviously lose all sensors.

Maybe a relocation of the sensor but there is very little slack in the wires. They would have to extended on that single sensor.

That's just my observation. Maybe there's a forscan workaround.
I think PAM... Front Parking Aid 736-03-01 will fix this... am going to try it this weekend.... Flankguard aid... Front parking aid... and rear aid can be changed... my push bar is causing problems... I even relocated the 2 front center ones but they still cause a problem..... they have a full front view but I think it is sensing the bar that is above them... will see what I can come up with with FORscan .... my first try with it...
Sponsored