Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Raptor (9-7 build day)
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I know that game. My blend date was 8/16. Modules popped a few days later. Then it was "in production" until 9/23. I'm now shipped and off the train and 6 days in the ether to go under 250 miles by truck ... fingers crossed it shows up this week.
I hope I don’t have to wait that long lol. Our drop location by rail is 10 miles from my dealer.
Sponsored

Kilroy

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Tacoma 2005 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Congrats. Mine was delivered to my SoCal dealer today too according to the Ford tracker - just waiting on confirmation from my sales person.
This one isn’t mine…it’s the first one I’ve seen in person….mine is still on a train somewhere in AZ.

onthelookout

Raptor
First Name
C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This one isn’t mine…it’s the first one I’ve seen in person….mine is still on a train somewhere in AZ.
Hopefully not too far behind then. Took mine about 4 days from when the rail car was emptied at Mira Loma to get to the dealer.

lewishamilton

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 VW Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The Ford Tracker updated to In Production 10/10 and the option to activate showed up today on my FordPass so making progress. Based on the timeline yours should update to In Production with today's date or tomorrow's date.
You are 100% correct, mine shows in production on Monday afternoon and moduels are live on Tuesday afternoon. Hopefully there is no chip hold. I will check with dealer later this week to see if there is any information after this.

Sponsored

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone with a Raptor purchased the extended warranty from the dealer or from Granger? Debating getting it when mine arrives soon.

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Has anyone with a Raptor purchased the extended warranty from the dealer or from Granger? Debating getting it when mine arrives soon.
I'm not going to buy the extended warranty at time of purchase. I'm going to wait a year or so and see what problems people are having and then reconcider. You can buy the warranrty anytime before the base warranty expires.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I'm not going to buy the extended warranty at time of purchase. I'm going to wait a year or so and see what problems people are having and then reconcider. You can buy the warranrty anytime before the base warranty expires.
That’s a reasonable strategy, however…

the cost does go up slightly (~$100) in price for buying after a year, with inflation the way it is the policy will almost certainly be more expensive than buying today, and the policy cost is fully refundable if you cancel prior to the expiration of the factory warranty. Or pro rated based on the less advantageous of your elapsed time or mileage. Transferable if you choose to include it in a sale as well for $50, I think.

I also appears that Bronco insurance is one size fits all currently. So for a high optioned Raptor your paying a group rate that’s based on the average repair costs of all broncos. Making this probabilistically a better deal for Raptor owners than the average bronco warranty buyer. This could change in the future with Raptors singled out.

That said, you would be giving the underwriter a free loan until you canceled, if you chose to do so. But if you’re leaving that cash in a low interest savings account, the lost opportunity cost on your money is low.

No perfect answer on this decision, just wanted to present a little more info. I’ll be buying the insurance via Flood or similar and figuring out if I need it later.

PaulMedik

Raptor
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.valleysportspics.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Big Bend, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
.............. I’ll be buying the insurance via Flood or similar and figuring out if I need it later.
JohnGalt,

Flood is my plan as well. Same Ford ESP that other dealers sell for $$$ more

Sponsored

BP Bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Super Duty
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
That’s a reasonable strategy, however…

the cost does go up slightly (~$100) in price for buying after a year, with inflation the way it is the policy will almost certainly be more expensive than buying today, and the policy cost is fully refundable if you cancel prior to the expiration of the factory warranty. Or pro rated based on the less advantageous of your elapsed time or mileage. Transferable if you choose to include it in a sale as well for $50, I think.

I also appears that Bronco insurance is one size fits all currently. So for a high optioned Raptor your paying a group rate that’s based on the average repair costs of all broncos. Making this probabilistically a better deal for Raptor owners than the average bronco warranty buyer. This could change in the future with Raptors singled out.

That said, you would be giving the underwriter a free loan until you canceled, if you chose to do so. But if you’re leaving that cash in a low interest savings account, the lost opportunity cost on your money is low.

No perfect answer on this decision, just wanted to present a little more info. I’ll be buying the insurance via Flood or similar and figuring out if I need it later.
Extended warranties are a high margin item for the dealers, which in my opinion means low value for the consumer. The other thing is your risk tollerance, if a $5000 surprise in say 5 years from now is going to disrupt your personal finances, than buy the warranty.

Everyone needs are different.

JohnGalt

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Defender 110
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Extended warranties are a high margin item for the dealers, which in my opinion means low value for the consumer. The other thing is your risk tollerance, if a $5000 surprise in say 5 years from now is going to disrupt your personal finances, than buy the warranty.

Everyone needs are different.
They are extremely high margin for typical dealers when sold to buyers who haven’t researched alternatives before being put on the spot.

My dealer quoted $5000 for a specific term/mileage policy but you can buy the same Ford insurance at the same term/mileage through Flood, Granger and at least one other dealer for around $2k online. You can get the quotes quickly and anonymously.

At around $2k, the price for Raptor parts ( check out the Raptor Parts thread) and reasons cited previously the decision is easy for me.

That said, everyone has different decision criteria and totally understand going a different direction.

Nothing Left

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Raptor, Audi A8, Wrangler JK, WR450F
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With this being a first year for the Raptor and the need to go crazy in Baja mode, I’m leaning towards getting one. Low mileage with longer term. It won’t get driven a ton but when it does it will be driven hard.

Obiwan

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't care to share personal info
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Who/what is FLOOD? Is that a dealer or an ESP provider?
Sponsored