First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2021 Bronco Badlands 68 GTA
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After watching the install video, there is no way to access the jack storage with it installed.
I just submitted a question to Mabett about this, but I would agree, from the video it seems to block off that area. That would be a mistake on Mabett part.

Honestly, it almost looks as if you need to remove the shelf, to access the jack and other storage locations. It does have the tabs like how a drawer slides full out.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
After watching the install video, there is no way to access the jack storage with it installed.
It does appear that way.

Originally, the slide out portion was also able to be fully removed (slid out... Think of when you can pull out the cabinet drawers in a kitchen) and you'd have *a bit* of access to the jack storage. Likely enough to access jack, but not the storage pocket further back... I'll let you know upon receiving and install.

And again, originally, that slide out portion was supposed to be a little table with legs to use at a campsite... wondering why it was redesigned and doesn't appear to include that?

Maybe @Mabett will chime in when they have a chance.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And again, originally, that slide out portion was supposed to be a little table with legs to use at a campsite... wondering why it was redesigned and doesn't appear to include that?

Maybe @Mabett will chime in when they have a chance.
Interesting.....

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reviewing the photos it is observed this is NOT a Tailgate. Rather it is a Table/Shelf with drawer slides and a thin metal top.
They are basically using the same language Ford use for the Ford Slide Tailgate. Yes, it is not on the actual tailgate, but that is what they call it.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is. I guess one has to weigh the cost and their own use-cases vs. the competition and what they hope to gain.
I have one of these.
I love it so far and it's solid.
My cost was less than current pricing.
https://www.wickedrelicsoffroad.com/product-page/overland-sliding-cargo-system

However, Mountains 2 Metal has one that is flat and less basket-like and sits low. Like, really low.
It's not on their site yet but after seeing it, I wished I had waited and got theirs. It's genius-level design and useful, and having the rear-most part of it flat doesn't confine one to the dimensions of the basket.
Not trying to push people away form the Mabett one, but might be worth waiting and seeing what drops soon before spending the $$ and having buyer's remorse.
This is also interesting. I would like a flat surface, not a basket. I would like to see what they came up with. The attic drop-down shelf is very nice.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TheShark

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Bronco 4DR Wildtrak,'24 Maverick Lariat Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Mabett looks to be like the Ford offering without it saying Ford and looks to be made of a different material surface-wise. I been wanting a slide tailgate but could not stomach paying 1100$ (cheapest I have found it) for it. This comes in at 500$ sans a discount, plus being on Amazon I can use other discounts, this sounds like a winner, Hell I can add a Ford logo to this if I want to feel good about it.

Good ol Mabett. making the stuff you want at a price that is not crazy.
I have the Ford slide out shelf and other than it's a slide out shelf they are completely different. I'll venture to say the Ford shelf is better made and looks to be a bigger but it's twice the price. If you order one when you order your Bronco they are only $600. Love mine.
Ford Bronco $400 with Promo ⚠ Mabett Slideout Cargo Shelf ⚠ C2DF1168-94D1-4C1C-BB98-B4F55234E2FF_1_105_c

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have the Ford slide out shelf and other than it's a slide out shelf they are completely different. I'll venture to say the Ford shelf is better made and of course it should be because it's twice the price. If you order one when you order your Bronco they are only $600. Love mine.
If it had been available, I would have truly purchased it when I ordered. The problem I have with this overall, is what you just said. If you order one with your vehicle it is 600$ So what makes it jump to twice the amount at 1360$ if you order after??? It truly does not make any sense.

It seems also the Mabett may not be able to support the same weight, as the site says 160lbs.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It is. I guess one has to weigh the cost and their own use-cases vs. the competition and what they hope to gain.
I have one of these.
I love it so far and it's solid.
My cost was less than current pricing.
https://www.wickedrelicsoffroad.com/product-page/overland-sliding-cargo-system

However, Mountains 2 Metal has one that is flat and less basket-like and sits low. Like, really low.
It's not on their site yet but after seeing it, I wished I had waited and got theirs. It's genius-level design and useful, and having the rear-most part of it flat doesn't confine one to the dimensions of the basket.
Not trying to push people away form the Mabett one, but might be worth waiting and seeing what drops soon before spending the $$ and having buyer's remorse.

You have me intrigued on what M2M has to offer ! I looked at the Wicked Relics one and really like the ease of accessing the rear cargo/jack areas and the one from Diabolical has a great option of adding a drawer top. Any idea if the M2M has that option as well ?

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You have me intrigued on what M2M has to offer ! I looked at the Wicked Relics one and really like the ease of accessing the rear cargo/jack areas and the one from Diabolical has a great option of adding a drawer top. Any idea if the M2M has that option as well ?
Not sure.
@Copperhorse73 @Mountains2Metal any public info on the release or details of your magical slider platform I spied at SuperCel?

Sponsored

Shrek27

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Pretty cool but I’d be more interested if it was an inch taller and was a drawer at similar price point. I need more storage.

Ninjak

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Looking at that solution, I am wondering if that has access to the jack storage and the other storage. It is truly bigger than the other setups and seems very strong since he just jumped up on it to sit down.

FstFrd00

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.gunsmithingtx.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 BD Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I built a simple leveling platform and would've been happy to replace with this.... but not having access to the jack storage area makes this a no-go for me. Like other posters have said, storage is a premium on these Broncos.

Footer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There looks to be a separate yellowish piece with maybe a type of pushpin or something on the back of the tray lip that might be removable to allow access to the jack/storage area. Diabolical's tray has this feature and allows access to those areas.
Sponsored