JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I wish I had VIN to search with..
Haha I only have a vin from the order my dealer messed up on haha. They ordered my ST in December and I found out in January they didn't add a few options. I was pissed and had to reorder on the 22nd.

My wife and I really like the new Bronco and are thinking of buying one for her!

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hi guys! I've been lurking for quite awhile without an account and have taken a lot of tips from here when figuring out order information. My wife and I ordered a '22 Ford Explorer ST and are looking to also get a Bronco!

I'm a software engineer by trade and build a lot of side-projects in my free-time. I spent the weekend building this:

ordertrack.app

It's a website to track your vehicle order. I hated having to lookup all of the information separately so I ultimately built something that had everything in one place.

Current Features:
- Search history on home page to allow easy refresh of data
- Shipping integration to see shipment details (palsapp took down their order lookup) -- only shows convoy at the moment.
- Sticker lookup
- Vehicle status

I will be adding more features:
- Estimated order-to-ship time based on an average of user orders
- Historical status (when the vehicle was in order submit, in production, shipped etc)
- Module information (I haven't yet looked at Ford's systems to see if an integration is possible yet) or link to modules page
- Link to Ford's tracker (with page already ready to go)
- Canadian user support (potentially)

[EDIT]:
Just an FYI since I haven't added any helpful messages yet:

If the status says: "Vehicle Unknown", then Ford's systems are saying that they order is not yet ready to be tracked or the VIN/Order is invalid

The shipping information will always say 'Unknown' for Rail as I haven't yet integrated with any rail systems. I will be adding details about how you can get information by phone as well as disclaimers about avoiding talking to humans as we don't want to piss people off by our nagging (haha). It sucks being so excited about ordering and having to wait too long!
very cool of you to do this !

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is pretty cool. Thanks for doing this.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is pretty cool. Thanks for doing this.
No problem! I love doing this kind of stuff and figured I'd share with you all! Hopefully my expertise doesn't collapse into a ball of flames!
My wife on the other hand dislikes how much I do things for free! Haha she only sees the dollar signs spinning in the toilet!

diamonddude97

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Thank you for your hard work sir. And, welcome to the forum.

The way things are going I may be able to use your app sometime in 2024. :)

The_Viking

Big Bend
First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Land Rover
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The way the app determines what type of transportation the vehicle uses, it checks to see if there is an order for your VIN to be shipped by truck. From what I understand, Ford orders a shipment to move vehicles off the plant lot to the rail yard. So that's why it shows like that. I'm working on a way to better display that information.
well, I ordered a truck last year and it was shipped via rail all the way to GA, then it showed up via carrier to the dealership 14 mi away. It did finally show up on palsapp after it was delivered

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Uh-oh, the link is down. Blink once if ok, twice if being held captive.

Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Uh-oh, the link is down. Blink once if ok, twice if being held captive.
I found that my office network blocked it. When I turned off wifi on my phone and accessed using 4g, it connected right away.

Last edited:
OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
If anyone has any comments, questions, concerns that they don't want to share publicly about the app, you can email me at [email protected]

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is the reservation id? Is that the same as the dealer order number found on the order receipt?

Or is that a different one because the Bronco has pre-order models right now that haven't started production?

Four-digit alpha-numeric code - internally generated by dealer and will appear on your WBDO

Eight-digit code - Early reservation holders will be assigned this as their reservation number. It then becomes their order number after VIN assignment. There will be NO eight-digit code for standard, non-reservation holder orders until such time as the order is pulled for production and assigned a VIN. Once this occurs, an order holder can log into their Ford account and pull their eight-digit order code from their order page.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Four-digit alpha-numeric code - internally generated by dealer and will appear on your WBDO

Eight-digit code - Early reservation holders will be assigned this as their reservation number. It then becomes their order number after VIN assignment. There will be NO eight-digit code for standard, non-reservation holder orders until such time as the order is pulled for production and assigned a VIN. Once this occurs, an order holder can log into their Ford account and pull their eight-digit order code from their order page.
So from what I understand, the reservation number will become the order number (for usage in ford's order lookup) once the vehicle is pulled for production? I should be able to figure out that logic. I don't have anything to test with though. Someone would have to be my guinea pig and supply me one of those reservation ids.

[email protected] if anyone is willing :D
Sponsored