Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So from what I understand, the reservation number will become the order number (for usage in ford's order lookup) once the vehicle is pulled for production? I should be able to figure out that logic. I don't have anything to test with though. Someone would have to be my guinea pig and supply me one of those reservation ids.

[email protected] if anyone is willing :D
You are correct. DM on the way now.
Sponsored

BronkedUp413

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Volvo S-60, 13 Ford Fusion, 16 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not to get in the way of this exchange and effort, but I had/have a reservation number because I reserved online, but all the trackers have only worked (except for the plain old ford website account, which never updates) with the 4 digit dealer DORA order ID. I don't think anything "converted" for me, and mine is built. Thanks

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not to get in the way of this exchange and effort, but I had/have a reservation number because I reserved online, but all the trackers have only worked (except for the plain old ford website account, which never updates) with the 4 digit dealer DORA order ID. I don't think anything "converted" for me, and mine is built. Thanks
That is the level of inconsistency we have come to know through Ford. I'm a 600-day old reservation holder and all the trackers have consistently worked for me without any significant issue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it not working at the moment?
I tried it on two different browser plus my phone. Nothing seems to happen when entering order number and VIN then clicking search. Or am I just being stupid in some way (not entirely unlikely)?

Edit: I figured it out. Letters within the VIN have to be capitalized. It doesn't work with lowercase.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is it not working at the moment?
I tried it on two different browser plus my phone. Nothing seems to happen when entering order number and VIN then clicking search. Or am I just being stupid in some way (not entirely unlikely)?
Does the button stay greyed out? Make sure when copying/pasting there are no trailing spaces. You can PM me your details and I can see if there are any issues with your specific data. I don't have a lot of error handling yet so their could be something going on

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Does the button stay greyed out? Make sure when copying/pasting there are no trailing spaces. You can PM me your details and I can see if there are any issues with your specific data. I don't have a lot of error handling yet so their could be something going on
All set now - see my edited post above

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Sponsored

superyl

Outer Banks
First Name
Liang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just a friendly reminder also as a software engineer - Whatever you entered into this website might be logged and stored. Order number, VIN (Only you, dealer and Ford are supposed to know).

From OP's profile, he does not have a bronco order and registered today. I don't want to be sound like an a-hole but this is a bit weird to me. Nevermind op has an order in place.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Just a friendly reminder also as a software engineer - Whatever you entered into this website might be logged and stored. Order number, VIN (Only you, dealer and Ford are supposed to know).

From OP's profile, he does not have a bronco order and registered today. I don't want to be sound like an a-hole but this is a bit weird to me. Nevermind op has an order in place.
I’m glad that someone here shows some skepticism! My wife and I were just talking about how crazy easy it is for people to trust some stranger online.

It’s good to be a skeptic! I did update the app with some privacy details to highlight what data is being stored and cached.

At this time, I do not store any information for more than 1 hour for each order. Basically to avoid Ford seeing this service as a bot and spam, I am rate-limiting the requests to ford using a caching mechanism. This cache will destroy all data after an hour of inactivity for each user.

I will not store any order or vin information for more than this transitory period.

I’m glad many of you have enjoyed it.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m glad that someone here shows some skepticism! My wife and I were just talking about how crazy easy it is for people to trust some stranger online.

It’s good to be a skeptic! I did update the app with some privacy details to highlight what data is being stored and cached.

At this time, I do not store any information for more than 1 hour for each order. Basically to avoid Ford seeing this service as a bot and spam, I am rate-limiting the requests to ford using a caching mechanism. This cache will destroy all data after an hour of inactivity for each user.

I will not store any order or vin information for more than this transitory period.

I’m glad many of you have enjoyed it.
Another pro-tip. VIN numbers should be kept private as they can be used to lookup order numbers as well as the DOT has public systems to lookup owner information using a vin. Keep this in mind. I see lots of people putting VINs on here and mask order numbers but VINs can be used to figure out the order number through the sticker page.

Stay safe y’all.

bomchet

Outer Banks
First Name
Bom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 dodge durango
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hi guys! I've been lurking for quite awhile without an account and have taken a lot of tips from here when figuring out order information. My wife and I ordered a '22 Ford Explorer ST and are looking to also get a Bronco!

I'm a software engineer by trade and build a lot of side-projects in my free-time. I spent the weekend building this:

ordertrack.app

It's a website to track your vehicle order. I hated having to lookup all of the information separately so I ultimately built something that had everything in one place.

Current Features:
- Search history on home page to allow easy refresh of data
- Shipping integration to see shipment details (palsapp took down their order lookup) -- only shows convoy at the moment.
- Sticker lookup
- Vehicle status

I will be adding more features:
- Estimated order-to-ship time based on an average of user orders
- Historical status (when the vehicle was in order submit, in production, shipped etc)
- Module information (I haven't yet looked at Ford's systems to see if an integration is possible yet) or link to modules page
- Link to Ford's tracker (with page already ready to go)
- Canadian user support (potentially)

[EDIT]:
Just an FYI since I haven't added any helpful messages yet:

If the status says: "Vehicle Unknown", then Ford's systems are saying that they order is not yet ready to be tracked or the VIN/Order is invalid

The shipping information will always say 'Unknown' for Rail as I haven't yet integrated with any rail systems. I will be adding details about how you can get information by phone as well as disclaimers about avoiding talking to humans as we don't want to piss people off by our nagging (haha). It sucks being so excited about ordering and having to wait too long!
This is great -- can you add a notification/alert feature? That way, we'd no longer have to hit the pizza tracker link like rats hoping for a pellet.

OP
OP
AndIAreSo

AndIAreSo

First Name
JohnMark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Explorer ST
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is great -- can you add a notification/alert feature? That way, we'd no longer have to hit the pizza tracker link like rats hoping for a pellet.
That's going to take a bit of work, but I did toy with the idea. The problem with notifications is that I would actually have to store vin/order information more than just a cache, but it's doable. I'll see how much work it would take. Ironically, I'm working on a different side-project that needs notifications and I could kill two birds with one stone!

To keep with the privacy aspect, I'll make it optional and display some sort of warning that the order/vin will be stored.
Sponsored