Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not going to swear to this but someone in Ford leadership said they were getting tops from Webasto. This was in a business update broadcast a few months ago. Webasto is one of the suppliers of our EV chargers but probably have other divisions. Now that orders are in they probably figured out the supplier does not have capacity or they undershot configuration projections like they did with initial Bronco demand.

Smart thing to do would be fill all MIC and soft top orders, those that wanted painted modular would pay for it when taking delivery and get when production caught up. You would get a soft top in the mean time and allow less supply chain problems and allow more deliveries. All they would be out is some soft tops, could still get top paid for and wouldn't have to barf out Ford Pass points. Which, by the way, can only be used on Ford parts and accessories if not used in conjunction with repair work.
Sponsored

Bictatar

Wildtrak
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I ordered the Wildtrack because I loved all the gloss black including the black Mod top. I'm in line to get a 21 but it doesn't look the same with the Mic top. Now I have to wait longer and don't get the $1,000 pass reward.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think the way BN read it on the video was that any order with the mod top or dual tops gets the points, whether or not you wait or switch to MIC. Current MIC or soft top orders do not get the points.
Which is kind of BS.

If you wanted a Mod top, but chose a MIC top because it was late availability and likely to slip, you get free headliner. If you now switch to a MIC top you get $1000 and a free headliner.

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford should just delay the entire launch until they get their supplier network figured out. Add x plan pricing and $1000 in Ford bucks for all reservation holders due to the delay and trouble. All of this half ass stuff they keep pulling to try and meet the Summer 2021 delivery window is getting old fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody gets their Bronco until Fall at the earliest as it stands right now.

Sponsored

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Official correspondence from Ford:

Subject: Bronco Production Update

Our team at Michigan Assembly Plant, where the Bronco is born, is on track to begin deliveries this summer, however, today we will be announcing to all Bronco customers who have placed an order the following production changes for 2021MY.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual top roofs will move from 21MY late availability to 22MY
  • The Carbonized gray molded-in-color (MIC) roof is now the only roof option for First Edition and WildTrak Broncos
  • A no charge Sound Deadening Headliner for hardtops (previously announced to Dealers 3/19)
  • A customer price protection policy for 2022MY all current Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021)
While we know this news will be frustrating for dealerships and customers, we want you to know we are committed to getting customers the Bronco they want as soon as possible. We are making millions of dollars of incremental investments to increase production of Broncos to meet demand on all these high-end models. We hope to share more information soon.

Updated with further correspondence / info:

CONVERSION TO ORDERS:
  • Updating you today on Bronco conversation rate: We have seen 125,000 customers convert their order from the more than 190,000 Bronco 2-door and 4-door reservations in the U.S. and Canada
    • 70 percent higher trim series (Badlands, Wildtrak, First Edition, Outer Banks)
    • More than 60 percent + 2.7-liter V6
PRODUCTION CHALLENGES:
  • COVID19 has had an impact to our hardtop roof supplier.
  • The hardtop roof challenges combined with orders of more than 125,000 compounds an already short 2021 model year production schedule and means more customers will get a 2022 model year Bronco.
  • The black painted modular hardtop and dual-top roof options will now move into the 2022 model year
  • Customers who currently have the black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof selected will have the following options (your MSRP price will be adjusted accordingly):
    • Order the carbonized gray molded-in-color hard top roof
    • Order the black soft top roof; Excludes Wildtrak and 2-door
    • Wait for black painted modular hardtop or dual top roof option for 2022 model year
    • Customers will now have until April 8 to work with your dealer to update/modify their order
HOW WILL I BE NOTIFIED:
  • We are sending letters today to thank customers affected by the roof change for their patience
COMPENSATION:
  • Ford is providing up to 200,000 FordPass Rewards Points (a $1,000 value) which they can use to personalize their Bronco through Ford Accessories. (applies to all First Edition and customers who ordered Mod or Dual top roof and switch for 21MY)
  • We are maintaining 2021 model year pricing through the 2022 model year for all order and reservation holders as of March 19 waiting for their Bronco.
  • In addition, 2022 model year customers will have new choices for colors and special editions starting next year
  • In addition, providing waiting customers a $250 voucher for all order holders as of March 19 deadline for early access to any one of four Bronco Off-Roadeos so they can get behind the wheel of a Bronco in the wild.

And some MY2022 UPDATE:

Screen Shot 2021-03-25 at 12.32.31 PM.jpg
Wish they would have told us about interior changes.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But isn't everyone in MY21 going to be "scheduled" in May?
Not sure but if it is that isn’t consistent with that Ford does with normal retail orders.

The word “schedule” means something very specific to Ford... meaning they have all the parts and it’s “on the schedule” to be built in the coming weeks.

Ford has said that in May we are receiving our “estimates delivery dates” or “estimates delivery timeline” (depending on the source).

Sure, there is the chance that in May all of the first quarter builds will be “scheduled” and have their VINs assigned (hence the March deadline)... but I would be shocked if they scheduled builds further out than that, considering how tumultuous their supply chain is.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
The last three years Jeep has sold over 200k wranglers... did Ford not consider they could have stolen half that plus the Ford only/anti Jeep buyers?
So they underestimated orders by maybe 26k (126k) or not at all?
I’m not buying an “overwhelming reception “ caused any of this, especially given Fords arrogance over the last century.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford should just delay the entire launch until they get their supplier network figured out. Add x plan pricing and $1000 in Ford bucks for all reservation holders due to the delay and trouble. All of this half ass stuff they keep pulling to try and meet the Summer 2021 delivery window is getting old fast. I wouldn’t be surprised if nobody gets their Bronco until Fall at the earliest as it stands right now.
Was the pre-covid target 7/20 or am I wrong

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
won’t go over well with the shareholders.

Ford needs to make due on their launch. The worst thing for them is to fold under COVID restraints because of what that could optically imply for their other cars, trucks and SUVs. Not having a 2021 Bronco is a major headline risk. A blotched launch for one of the biggest launches in the past 20 years. It would have a significant impact on their valuation.

So more than ever they want to get as many Broncos out the door for 2021. They don’t care if they have mod tops or mic tops and will throw any incentives at you to make sure you get an orderable configuration and will even instill fear tactics to tell you what you should avoid ordering such as a 2.7L etc.

Seacat

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Wildtrak, 2014 VW Touareg TDI R-Line
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

HalfSmallGosling-size_restricted.gif

I let this one simmer. I’m definitely disappointed because I’m not going MIC Top. I’m sticking to the Painted MOD. I just wish they offered the option to get the dual top w/the ability to pick up the Modular Top at a later date, versus delaying my First Day Reservation to 2022.

Also, locking in the price is alright (even though they already made one price hike already) and $250 towards the off-roading academy, but man do I wish they’d give the people a little more than that, especially since they’re willing to give $1 Grand (+495 Sound) for people shifting to the MIC.

I feel like I’m just being discarded.

I understand we’re in a pandemic, and if these delays mean the factory workers and employees are executing on safe work practices, than I’m ok by that. To me, that’s far more important than getting my new Bronco a couple months earlier. I just wish they gave more consideration to the people who have been building their vehicle for almost a 1/2 year... got it exactly how they want, put their order in and suddenly got the rug pulled out from under them.

It feels very disingenuous to those who are sticking with and paying more for the MOD top
AGREED!

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They just want to get the inadequate 2021 version of the MIC top over with to focus on the revised structure in 2022
Why won't Ford disclose the 'real' tops issues? I think you're spot-on that MY21 will forever be a bastardized version of G6Bronco....for example, we don't even know if these top engineering design changes also require changes to the body metal.

So...it could very well be the case that a MY21 Bronco will be structurally incompatible with ANY future tops....Ford or aftermarket.