ellehey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS 350 F sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yay! Congratulations, soon you'll be enjoying that new Bronco. :)

@Ford Motor Company it's getting more and more disrespectful that you pop into the thread to congratulate the few while continuing to ignore the rest of us and refusing to answer questions. We understand the situation is unprecedented but communication goes a long way and not just in regard to positive outcomes. This is where loyalty is won and lost. At the very least regular updates, even if vague, would be appreciated and help manage our expectations.
Sponsored

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Earlier, I was told by my salesperson friend that Ford is preparing to start shipping vehicles to dealers and having the service dept install the needed modules (chips). He’s not clear whether Broncos will be included in this plan, but the assumption is that they will be. Certainly a step in the right direction.

7722 Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST/ 2019 F350 CC DRW 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well,,,, still no movement. I've given up checking. Someday I may get my 99% built Bronco. If I hadn't bought so many accessories for it, I'd just cancel and keep my ST Explorer. @Ford Motor Company is pretty lame to come to this thread and post Yay, You Got Yours and WooHoo without the slightest customer service thought to the rest of us. Your PR sucks hairy Sasquatch balls!!

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Well,,,, still no movement. I've given up checking. Someday I may get my 99% built Bronco. If I hadn't bought so many accessories for it, I'd just cancel and keep my ST Explorer. @Ford Motor Company is pretty lame to come to this thread and post Yay, You Got Yours and WooHoo without the slightest customer service thought to the rest of us. Your PR sucks hairy Sasquatch balls!!
Yeah I bought the ar steps and have a few packages from crutchfield because the audio from Ford on a 50k truck is garbage. I’ve been looking around. I have a Lexus IS and was looking at a new one that is cheaper. And a new Nissan z that is cheaper. It’s so frustrating not knowing if this will be a 3 month delay or 6 month delay, like a lot of the 2021’s. My guess is that the edd was removed because Ford expects this to be a longer delay. When people don’t have their truck by the edd date, the phone lines will be blowing up. Under promise and under deliver.

whodatdubi

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, Gated Ferrari 360 Spider, '23 MB EQS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yeah I bought the ar steps and have a few packages from crutchfield because the audio from Ford on a 50k truck is garbage. I’ve been looking around. I have a Lexus IS and was looking at a new one that is cheaper. And a new Nissan z that is cheaper. It’s so frustrating not knowing if this will be a 3 month delay or 6 month delay, like a lot of the 2021’s. My guess is that the edd was removed because Ford expects this to be a longer delay. When people don’t have their truck by the edd date, the phone lines will be blowing up. Under promise and under deliver.
In the same boat. If Ford would have gotten us our vehicles when projected then I would have not just purchased my new toy. I still plan on buying the bronco to replace my F-150 but I have been itching for the new car excitement and had the opportunity to purchase a gated manual Ferrari 360 spider that is now holding me over. I simply had to do something to make the emotional roller coaster we have all been on a little less nauseous lol. I also have about $5,000 invested in accessories for the bronco including all new speakers. Also, the date on the bottom of my sticker changed yesterday from 03/02/2022 to 03/10/2022. Not sure if I missed the thread explaining whether or not this is supposed to be relevant.

Sponsored

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those of you who have not yet received your Bronco should may be seeing them at your dealer soon regardless of whether they’re completed or not. Word is, the holding lots are full and Ford has no choice but to start shipping them out. This will be happening very soon.

Last edited:

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Earlier, I was told by my salesperson friend that Ford is preparing to start shipping vehicles to dealers and having the service dept install the needed modules (chips). He’s not clear whether Broncos will be included in this plan, but the assumption is that they will be. Certainly a step in the right direction.
Curious how that helps If there is a chip shortage, no one can get a chip -- dealer or Ford. Maybe it helps because, if the Bronco will take 2-3 weeks to ship, you can eat up that time and then just get the chip to the dealer in a couple days? So you don't have to get the chip in MI and then wait 2-3 weeks for delivery?

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Curious how that helps If there is a chip shortage, no one can get a chip -- dealer or Ford. Maybe it helps because, if the Bronco will take 2-3 weeks to ship, you can eat up that time and then just get the chip to the dealer in a couple days? So you don't have to get the chip in MI and then wait 2-3 weeks for delivery?
My viewpoint is that at least our Broncos will be at our dealer lots instead of being shoved into a holding lot. I’m sure chip availability will still be an issue, nothing has changed in that regard.

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

My viewpoint is that at least our Broncos will be at our dealer lots instead of being shoved into a holding lot. I’m sure chip availability will still be an issue, nothing has changed in that regard.
Yeah, I didn't realize their holding lots are full. Boy did Ford screw this sourcing/planning.

sirvegetable

Big Bend
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Countryman
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Those of you who have not yet received your Bronco should be seeing them at your dealer soon regardless of whether they’re completed or not. Word is, the holding lots are full and Ford has no choice but to start shipping them out. This will be happening very soon.
That was your dealers assumption though right? Or did he confirm since your previous post? The reason I'm asking is because I just spoke with my dealer and he hasn't heard anything in this regard and said my ship date still says 5/11.

Sponsored

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

That was your dealers assumption though right? Or did he confirm since your previous post? The reason I'm asking is because I just spoke with my dealer and he hasn't heard anything in this regard and said my ship date still says 5/11.
They confirmed that it will happen, but it’s still unknown whether those on ice mountain (mine being one of them) will be emptied out and sent to dealers or remain there. They’re trying to find out specifics. I spoke before confirmation, my apologies. Not sure why your dealer isn’t aware of this unless only certain ones are being tasked with it. My local dealer is a large one that currently has a lot of empty space.

Itchysquatch

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 4runner, 2014 E class
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Those of you who have not yet received your Bronco should be seeing them at your dealer soon regardless of whether they’re completed or not. Word is, the holding lots are full and Ford has no choice but to start shipping them out. This will be happening very soon.
Neighbors purchased a Chevy truck, and they are doing the same. Doesn’t have heated seats at the moment as it’s waiting on a chip or module.

IPTech

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Neighbors purchased a Chevy truck, and they are doing the same. Doesn’t have heated seats at the moment as it’s waiting on a chip or module.
Yea, GM has been sending out vehicles without certain options with a promise to install the module when it’s available. Sure wish Ford would adopt this strategy if it’s not a chip necessary for safe operation of the vehicle.

KEM IA

Black Diamond
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If Ford is really sending out Broncos with no chips then the ice mountain Broncos will stay and the ones coming off the line will probably get shipped first. But who really knows.
Sponsored

Last edited: