Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOTCHA DAY! 520 days of waiting and she’s finally mine! Left 18” of snow and 15 degrees in WA, to 80 degrees and 25 mph winds in Dallas! 😳 Picked her up without any issues as promised! Even got lunch and a present on wonder Manny of Sewell Ford in Odessa! Made it up to Albuquerque, NM for the night. The whole trip home changed and just trying to beat it to the coast before the big winter storms come through. Lake Havasu tomorrow! Headed home to upper left USA! Having a BLAST! ❤🐴❤ Loving my lil Suzy Sunshine! 🤣❤ Bright & Sassy! 🤣❤

Beth Bernstein, what a dealership, huh?
E9EB743D-FEE2-4DC7-AD02-BB51E816AFEA.jpeg
9998A07A-162D-4F92-B75A-0300A2B836A6.jpeg
5E19CBCA-77EC-430B-83E3-D2897FD8BBBB.jpeg
Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈🍾
Sponsored

WLDBST

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 4X4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GOTCHA DAY! 520 days of waiting and she’s finally mine! Left 18” of snow and 15 degrees in WA, to 80 degrees and 25 mph winds in Dallas! 😳 Picked her up without any issues as promised! Even got lunch and a present on wonder Manny of Sewell Ford in Odessa! Made it up to Albuquerque, NM for the night. The whole trip home changed and just trying to beat it to the coast before the big winter storms come through. Lake Havasu tomorrow! Headed home to upper left USA! Having a BLAST! ❤🐴❤ Loving my lil Suzy Sunshine! 🤣❤ Bright & Sassy! 🤣❤

Congrats! Got mine today too! 534 day's.

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I received my built email this morning. The ETA is: 01/14-01/20. Finally, some good news after nearly a month stuck in production. Seeing y'all taking delivery of your trucks has been tough, but the delivery pictures with big smiles and shiny new Broncos is what this forum is all about!

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
After 12 days waiting at the rail yard, I just got a pic of load manifest showing mine arriving at dealer today! It's a few hours drive and don't know when the truck will arrive so I'll head that way later and stay with a friend and get it in the morning. Congrats to those of you with and hang in there to those without!
Yay!! Congrats on the delivery of your new Bronco. Definitely worth the wait. Enjoy the new ride.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Congratulations on the new Bronco! That smile says it all, so happy to hear you had a great experience with Sewell Ford. We love to hear it! Enjoy the new ride :)

Sponsored

johnjmcc

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW's and Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you want to use any switch other then Aux 1, you would need to use the wire harness provided. Only the Aux 1 switch is rated for 30A.
I flipped the bar so that the wire is on the passenger side (close to the factory wire).
I removed the black sheath except for about 6". Once the wires passed into the weather strip, they are much easier to route and tuck away as individual wires. You could remove the sheath further back and secure the ground wire to a bracket nut as well using a spade or ring connector. I wanted a cleaner look and took the ground wire all the way into the cab. I had a bulge in the weather strip initially as I started with a tiny hole and stretched it around the cable. I went back and made the hole a little larger to reduce the distortion, which did not affect the seal in any way. That weather stip is large and very forgiving in regards to play. Here is the initial bulge with roof off, the final appearance with the roof attached.
1640705283257.png
1640707550364.png

By the way, it was raining like mad outside, so I went out and tested for leaks at highway speeds. No issues.

Here is the bird's eye view of the wires. Other than this, you can't see the wires anywhere else. Covering the red wire at this point with black silicone will make is disappear completely.
1640704759848.png

I believe that it is possible to run the wires by running them down to the corner at the passenger side window and then pass them under the second weather stip and not have to drill any holes. Using the little cap that the arrow is pointing to.
Take your time and try a couple of routes before you decide.
1640705215261.png
ASlaugh - I followed your procedure and I do think it is better than drilling a hole under the bracket like the Bronco Nation video suggested. Both red and black wires go through a drilled hole under/through the first line of weather stripping (with black sheathing butting up against weather stripping and covering wires on the outside like you show in the first picture--clean look) and then through a drilled hole down into the interior - which is covered by the plastic interior trim to which the passenger sun shade attaches. Red (to Ford aux wire) and black (to a ground) wires can be attached under that plastic trim before replacing it. Again clean look. The drilled hole down into the interior is between the two parallel lines of weather stripping running left/right. For other readers, please note, between the two lines of weather stripping is actually a water channel for water that may get in there. When you have the plastic interior trim pulled away, you can see a drain line under that channel. Water goes through an existing hole between the two lines of weather stripping, into a plastic "tub" underneath that captures the water which then goes down a drain line down the windshield frame. I drilled down about two inches to the right of the existing hole to avoid damage to this drain system. But, because I created new a hole in that water channel for the light's wires, I squeezed black silicone around those wires to make sure water doesn't follow them into the interior. Now, making a new hole in a water channel might not sound like a great idea, but it seemed better than creating a new hole under the outside bracket like the Bronco Nation video suggested. That hole would always see water whenever it rains. A hole in the interior water channel probably sees water less frequently. Plus, the silicone should stop leaks At least that's what I'm telling myself to sleep at night:) But ASlaugh's other idea shown in his last picture probably solves that problem. I was very happy with this light bar (Rough County 40 inch). Look's cool and very bright for $250. Very much worth it and a fairly easy install. Thanks ASlaugh!

Rockdawg84

Badlands
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 4RUNNER, 96 F350 CC 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco has finally reached it's final rail destination and is in El Mirage, AZ. (Phoenix Area). Now I begin the wait for a truck to bring it 1.5 hours south to Tucson. This has been torture! LOL but so much closer.

Kernals6

Badlands
First Name
Brandi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Congratulations. I’m absolutely in love with mine. Enjoy

Bronco-Joe

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nav, BMW 645, BMW X5M, 94 Vette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I received my built email this morning. The ETA is: 01/14-01/20. Finally, some good news after nearly a month stuck in production. Seeing y'all taking delivery of your trucks has been tough, but the delivery pictures with big smiles and shiny new Broncos is what this forum is all about!
I finally recieved my built email this am too. I wish I knew what was happening for the past 5 weeks at the MAP since the mods popped on my Bronco.

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How did you get this tracking info?
Through my Union Pacific RR account. I can run yours if you can provide a rail car number AND your train on on UP.

Sponsored

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ASlaugh - I followed your procedure and I do think it is better than drilling a hole under the bracket like the Bronco Nation video suggested. Both red and black wires go through a drilled hole under/through the first line of weather stripping (with black sheathing butting up against weather stripping and covering wires on the outside like you show in the first picture--clean look) and then through a drilled hole down into the interior - which is covered by the plastic interior trim to which the passenger sun shade attaches. Red (to Ford aux wire) and black (to a ground) wires can be attached under that plastic trim before replacing it. Again clean look. The drilled hole down into the interior is between the two parallel lines of weather stripping running left/right. For other readers, please note, between the two lines of weather stripping is actually a water channel for water that may get in there. When you have the plastic interior trim pulled away, you can see a drain line under that channel. Water goes through an existing hole between the two lines of weather stripping, into a plastic "tub" underneath that captures the water which then goes down a drain line down the windshield frame. I drilled down about two inches to the right of the existing hole to avoid damage to this drain system. But, because I created new a hole in that water channel for the light's wires, I squeezed black silicone around those wires to make sure water doesn't follow them into the interior. Now, making a new hole in a water channel might not sound like a great idea, but it seemed better than creating a new hole under the outside bracket like the Bronco Nation video suggested. That hole would always see water whenever it rains. A hole in the interior water channel probably sees water less frequently. Plus, the silicone should stop leaks At least that's what I'm telling myself to sleep at night:) But ASlaugh's other idea shown in his last picture probably solves that problem. I was very happy with this light bar (Rough County 40 inch). Look's cool and very bright for $250. Very much worth it and a fairly easy install. Thanks ASlaugh!
You did exactly what I did. I knew that you would see the drain hole and understand what to do. I also consider using the drain hole and passing the wire through the cup seal.
I'd add that drilling any hole should not be right against the weather strip as that would be an area more likely to collect water. Also, for water to get to the middle channel where the drain hole is located will require a failure or the front seal. Sealing a hole in an area that is mostly dry is a much better option than sealing that area under the brackets which is exposed to direct rain and wind. :)

Wirenut20

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 97 F150, 92 Mustang LX 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Through my Union Pacific RR account. I can run yours if you can provide a rail car number AND your train on on UP.
Do you know at which point the CSX tracking ends and the UP tracking begins? The rail car that my Bronco is in is currently in Kansas.

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Headed 2200 miles home after picking up yesterday! Standing on the corner in Winslow, Arizona such a FINE sight to see…🎶
#bronco_babes
#bronconana
#winslowarizona
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group 3D0F7203-6E4B-4B0F-BF66-AE186E2E7EB7

SuzH

Badlands
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.crittear.com
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Congratulations on the new Bronco! That smile says it all, so happy to hear you had a great experience with Sewell Ford. We love to hear it! Enjoy the new ride :)
Thanks soooo much Ford! I’ve never done anything like this in my life. What a journey it’s been!
Ford Bronco 🛠 11/22/21 Build Week Group B1A71D9F-392D-4ABE-A517-72F5EC3889B2

ASlaugh

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
65 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know at which point the CSX tracking ends and the UP tracking begins? The rail car that my Bronco is in is currently in Kansas.
If you are able to track on CSX already, you should be able to continue to track it all of the way regardless of the train company. CSX owned rail pretty much stops just west of the Mississippi river. From there, the rail car is transferred, but is still under contract with CSX. Or at least that appears to be the way it worked for most everyone.
In my case, UPRR owned the rail contract with Ford and thus I was able to track mine through myUPRR.com, even when CSX was moving it around initially.
Being that you are in Kansas, I suspect your car is on a BNSF train.
Sponsored