First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 Ford Bronco (project)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can any of the rail wizards help me understand what "Received at Junction Point" means? This is the only rail information that my dealership has been able to provide me with. I'm assuming it is where the car changes rail companies (like from CSX to UR maybe)? It shipped on 12/10 and is delivering to Terrell, TX (Dallas area).

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  11/29/21 Build Week Group 1640963267173

Last edited:

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can any of the rail wizards help me understand what "Received at Junction Point" means? This is the only rail information that my dealership has been able to provide me with. I'm assuming it is where the car changes rail companies (like from CSX to UR maybe)? Seems the last update was 12/22. My delivery window is 12/31 - 1/6 to Terrell, TX (Dallas area).

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  11/29/21 Build Week Group 1640963267173
Do you have the railcar number?

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you have the railcar number?
Unfortunately no...I've asked the dealership for rail car information several times, and all I get in response is the screenshot from my previous post.

Scott1911

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unfortunately no...I've asked the dealership for rail car information several times, and all I get in response is the screenshot from my previous post.
Mine is headed for DFW also. It was shipped on 12/15. It left the Saginaw railyard Sunday the 26th at 2:30 PM. The railcar info has not updated since Sunday. Saginaw is just South of the Alliance vehicle distribution center. My hopes are that the car is sitting there waiting to be unloaded.

I think there was a recent shift from the UP railyard in Mesquite to the BNSF yard by Alliance.

Sponsored

mbryant1985

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is headed for DFW also. It was shipped on 12/15. It left the Saginaw railyard Sunday the 26th at 2:30 PM. The railcar info has not updated since Sunday. Saginaw is just South of the Alliance vehicle distribution center. My hopes are that the car is sitting there waiting to be unloaded.

I think there was a recent shift from the UP railyard in Mesquite to the BNSF yard by Alliance.
Clear as mud...lol. So it's safe to assume my Bronco is in Texas at least? That would be rad!

Last edited:

gkpech

Badlands
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Mine is finally home!

20211231_115454.jpg

openroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 MR2 2GR Swap
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My expected delivery date here in Buena Park, CA got pushed back to 1/1-1/7. Pretty sure we were on the same train.
Haha I was honestly following your comments in the background while you were tracking the train. My delivery was originally 12/22-12/28 with an expected delivery date of 12/28. Yesterday I got a new estimate for 1/1-1/7 which sobered me up a bit so I'm still in shock I get to pick it up today!

Sponsored

skhubbard93

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Badlands, '01 Z8
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Some quick notes to all of you awaiting delivery.
  1. If there is any chance of your tires throwing anything (rain, snow, road grime, rocks, grass, manure...), make a plan to get mud flaps today. The Gatorbacks for Bronco front wheels with rock rails are selling out, and you won't want to go long without them. The car gets very dirty. The door handles get grimy. Yes the flaps are pricey, but not a bad product for what you pay. Flap bottoms are removable for higher-clearance requirements like rock-crawling. And they're easy to install with just a few tools. Only existing holes and fasteners on the vehicle are used, and both w/ and w/out crash bar installation is supported. I don't have the flaps for back wheels yet; more info on that later.
  2. The optional BL 33" MT tires work pretty well in snow, if that is an intended application for you. 2WD w/out rear lock got me up a snowy hill just fine. But they do produce some perceptible road noise if you are concerned about such things.
  3. Road noise at speed, even with skis in the rack, is mostly from the tires. Engine noises under load are audible but no worse than many other vehicles. Wind noise has been minimal; I don't get any whistling such as reported by others. 4 dr/2.3/7 sp/MIC. My old D90 with a soft top certainly wasn't any better.
Various random, semi-incoherent ramblings:
  1. This is a fantastic ski vehicle! It will get you through a blizzard to the lift base, keep you warm on the way, help you navigate - and circumnavigate - as need be, and it isn't bothered by mud or snow from your ski boots on the way home. Poles, helmets and boots fit with aplomb in the back, and skis on a roof rack leaving up to five of you all comfortably seated with room to spare.
  2. Adding a Yakima Fat Cat EVO 6 rack to a 4dr BL with the 33" MT tires and a factory-installed roof rack will produce a total height of ~80". I have 1" clearance thru the garage door... which is the same as infinity when all it needs to do is fit. Other rack types would not be so lucky.
  3. Turning the vehicle on and off with the start button and a 7-sp MT is a bit unintuitive. The brake and clutch pedals each seem to have different purposes that can impact whether it turns on, goes into acc mode, turns off, shuts down, etc. It's a learning curve, and I've definitely had to do a lot of retraining from previous vehicles. I was taught and have always sought to press the clutch and brake pedals when shutting down an engine until it stops, and that doesn't seem to have the desired effect in this vehicle.
  4. Getting the vehicle to accept my Ford Pass took a bit of trial-and-error. And more trials. And uninstalls / reinstalls. And several days. Eventually it worked when I used a USB connection but I don't know if that is what led to success.
  5. 360 Camera is too happy to turn off when moving forward-backward-forward during a parking maneuver.
  6. AEB, adaptive cruise control, BLIS and lane-keeping assist all work well so far. Haven't tried emergency steering assist yet, and don't want to.
  7. I've had three people now - all women, for whatever significance that holds - describe the vehicle as "pretty". For something that I somewhat-affectionately refer to as "big, yellow and ugly", this was befuddling, in the same way as hearing a person call a pug "CUTE!" I don't get it, but then again I don't really need to either.
  8. I put one of these bench seat consoles in the middle of the back seat, and it seems to fit pretty well:​
Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  11/29/21 Build Week Group 61lYbPmZhnL._AC_SL1500_
Pilot Automotive Pilot 124809 Universal Truck Seat/Bench Contractor Center Console
It isn't perfect, but it is definitely serviceable; fits well within the footprint of the middle seat. Middle seatbelt holds it in place. Will give more feedback on this later as experience develops.​

For me, the waiting was hell, especially once my Bronco finished its train ride. The rest of you will see your Broncos at the dealerships soon. And when yours arrives, you'll be glad you waited.

Happy New Years, and Cheers!

Last edited:

OldGrayMare

Badlands
First Name
Jami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Bronco, '67 Tempest, '85 Yota SR5, '16 ATS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After stressing and many many calls to ford and the dealership my Bronco has surfaced. And NOT in Portland. Get to pick it up on Monday. Welcome to Texas, Broncoโ€™s little brother.

Ford Bronco ๐Ÿ›  11/29/21 Build Week Group 68575589-C819-43DB-8A8A-ECB41D1B4342