Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco 2 dr Badlands SAS, '22 F150 PowerBoost
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey, @zedster, have you received your Bronco yet? I’m curious because you mentioned arrive at industry on Dec 7. My wife Bronco Sport is on a train in Nogales. Heading to “industry” by 12/20. Just wondering where industry is. Is it a city…hub, or depot? I’m pretty clueless on tracking by rail car.
My Bronco is still at Union Pacific's rail yard and was offloaded on 12/8. I think "Industry" when you call the automated system just means destination. Mine is delayed for sure since it ended up going to Mira Loma and then back to Vegas. I watched 2 truck loads of vehicles head off to Ford dealerships today. There were a total of 3 Broncos on those two trucks and mine was not one of them. 2 were delivered to my Dealership and when I looked at them they had Window stickers with 11/2 and 11/3 dates on them. Mine can not get to the dealership fast enough and still needs to go through PDI.
Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Interstate Curious to anyone else that has gotten their Bronco. I know we didn't buy this for the mpg, but I did notice I'm getting 14 MPG on average almost through my first tank of gas. This just because it's the first tank? Expected closer to 17 with SAS regardless of city vs highway. Everything about the vehicle has been great so far though!
I just made it to Moab from Sacramento. I averaged 17.4mpg on my first tank and that was driving 150miles from dealer. My first 1000 miles I’m at 16.7mpg total. However, 800 of those miles I have had a Thule box on top. I think this is reducing my mpg by 10-15%. I fully expect to see 18-19mpg with the box off. Also, I’ve noticed that the transmission started shifting buttery smooth and the mpg crept up around 900 miles. This is a 2.7 Base Squatch.

Ford Bronco đź›  11/8/21 Build Week Group 8A9634A3-5283-490F-8735-5406173DD910

Ford Bronco đź›  11/8/21 Build Week Group 4464D7FF-E8A4-43A5-ABFB-EA708E1F24C4

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During this journey, I found Google Maps was my best friend - Especially a Canadian who isn't as familiar with USA cities/towns. When the tracking phone service spewed out my location, I went to Google Maps to find it and then zoom in to see what the rail situation was like. One day I strive to be at @SVTLightning level of rail yard creeping, but I'm still learning :ROFLMAO:
Also a lot of Union Pacific's stops are not necessarily the name of the town from what I have seen. Google the name and then Union Pacific at the end.

Mike777

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, GMC Terrain
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just made it to Moab from Sacramento. I averaged 17.4mpg on my first tank and that was driving 150miles from dealer. My first 1000 miles I’m at 16.7mpg total. However, 800 of those miles I have had a Thule box on top. I think this is reducing my mpg by 10-15%. I fully expect to see 18-19mpg with the box off. Also, I’ve noticed that the transmission started shifting buttery smooth and the mpg crept up around 900 miles.

8A9634A3-5283-490F-8735-5406173DD910.jpeg

4464D7FF-E8A4-43A5-ABFB-EA708E1F24C4.jpeg
Thanks for the insight! I wonder if it’s because it’s the first tank of gas with the 2.7 SAS. I also had to air down my tires the dealer had it at 48! Not sure if that effected it. I’ll see how I do on my 500 mile road trip next week.

SVTLightning

Badlands
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

During this journey, I found Google Maps was my best friend - Especially a Canadian who isn't as familiar with USA cities/towns. When the tracking phone service spewed out my location, I went to Google Maps to find it and then zoom in to see what the rail situation was like. One day I strive to be at @SVTLightning level of rail yard creeping, but I'm still learning :ROFLMAO:
I want so bad to just drive right in there but I'm not sure how the CN security is, I know CP has their own police force in town and I've seen them pulling people over for silly shit around tracks haha

Sponsored

lenitech

Base
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1972 Bronco, 2021 Base Sasquatch (AMB)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Thanks for the insight! I wonder if it’s because it’s the first tank of gas with the 2.7 SAS. I also had to air down my tires the dealer had it at 48! Not sure if that effected it. I’ll see how I do on my 500 mile road trip next week.
Also, I noticed the mpg is best between 70-75. At 78 it starts dropping drastically. I also hit 107mph once I hit the 1000mile mark just to test it out. It wouldn’t let me go any faster.

jakej

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hey, @zedster, have you received your Bronco yet? I’m curious because you mentioned arrive at industry on Dec 7. My wife Bronco Sport is on a train in Nogales. Heading to “industry” by 12/20. Just wondering where industry is. Is it a city…hub, or depot? I’m pretty clueless on tracking by rail car.
I'm not an expert on LA area rail stations, but I think this is BNSF depot in City of Industry, which is right in the middle of Los Angeles basin.

Like others on this thread google maps was indispensable in finding little town/depots between St. Louis and Southern California. I actually created a keepsake map of my Bronco's route (still sitting in San Diego railyard as far as I can tell.

Ford Bronco đź›  11/8/21 Build Week Group 1639178059272

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I want so bad to just drive right in there but I'm not sure how the CN security is, I know CP has their own police force in town and I've seen them pulling people over for silly shit around tracks haha
Pretty sure both these rail companies have their own police force. Not worth the risk.

Nothing a pair of high-powered binoculars can't solve though, haha

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, I noticed the mpg is best between 70-75. At 78 it starts dropping drastically. I also hit 107mph once I hit the 1000mile mark just to test it out. It wouldn’t let me go any faster.
Sounds like you hit the limiter.

cbrum23

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Dodge Ram 1500, 1974 Ford F100
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm thinking of posting a reward for any information on what's going on with my Bronco, how much yall think gets me the info I'm looking for? 🤣

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking of posting a reward for any information on what's going on with my Bronco, how much yall think gets me the info I'm looking for? 🤣
I mean, I can lie to you for $20...?

zedster

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Or if you know it is at the rail yard someone with a drone. I can see a lot of cars from the road and through the fence except mine.

Jjk

Badlands
First Name
Jill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My Bronco still hasn’t showed up. It was supposed to be there yesterday according to my dealer. My estimated date still says December 5. Wonder where it is sitting?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Bronco still hasn’t showed up. It was supposed to be there yesterday according to my dealer. My estimated date still says December 5. Wonder where it is sitting?
I'm getting tired of these inaccurate dates people are posting. You'd think Ford could update their tracking system a little more frequently. And on the other hand, you have vehicles showing up unannounced (pleasant surprise, I suppose).

But I can see my $3.00 hamburger arriving via UberEats to within seconds and within steps of my front door...

Reactions: Jjk

Hbrichman

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm not an expert on LA area rail stations, but I think this is BNSF depot in City of Industry, which is right in the middle of Los Angeles basin.

Like others on this thread google maps was indispensable in finding little town/depots between St. Louis and Southern California. I actually created a keepsake map of my Bronco's route (still sitting in San Diego railyard as far as I can tell.

Ford Bronco đź›  11/8/21 Build Week Group 1639178059272
I believe mine is sitting at the rail yard in San Diego as well. Last rail update I was able to receive was through CSX on Nov. 21st when it was in Blue Island, IL. A member with our same build week got his delieved Monday at Perry Ford in National City which is right around the corner from the yard. Any day now I hope!!
Sponsored