CBNORRIS

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I haven't been able to trace my Norfolk Southern railcar. It always tells me that there is no tracing available. Contacted CHAT to verify number and the guy tells me it's in a rail delay in New Jersey. But last time it was updated he said was the 27th. It all seems weird to me. I am on the coast of NC. Where has it been hiding for 5 days? Why is it not traceable? Why could Chat not have told me this on Friday?
Sponsored

mediaMark

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RX8, Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ugh, just had the dealer tell me they are 'currently not accepting outside lending' and they are 'asking our customers to finance with us and then refinance on the first statement.' I hate these BS dealer games. I was gonna ask if they accept cash but didn't want to come off as too much of smart ass... yet.

oooh... now they added it's because they've had 6 vehicles stolen with fake cashiers/bank checks and I'm like, seems like you would have figured out after the first time and not released the vehicle until the check actaully cleared, just like banks don't release funds on cashier's checks these days...

Last edited:

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Got the exact same delay
Curious, what was your initial ETA? Assuming it’s being sent to Sac.
Mines 5/12-5/18 to Salem, Oregon. Wondering if I’ll be in the same boat now too 🤔😔

codylhutson27

Wildtrak
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ugh, just had the dealer tell me they are 'currently not accepting outside lending' and they are 'asking our customers to finance with us and then refinance on the first statement.' I hate these BS dealer games. I was gonna ask if they accept cash but didn't want to come off as too much of smart ass... yet.

oooh... now they added it's because they've had 6 vehicles stolen with fake cashiers/bank checks and I'm like, seems like you would have figured out after the first time and not released the vehicle until the check actaully cleared, just like banks don't release funds on cashier's checks these days...
Simply contact the dealer GM or Dealer Principal.

Sponsored

Jaybro23

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Last week they had said secondary status of delay, plant hold, eta of 5-13 to my dealer. Checked today, not sure if they are trying to make me think it’s better or not (at least hopefully that is the case)…

“””Thank you for allowing me the time I needed to look into that order status for you, James. The vehicle is not yet shippable or is experiencing a delay with plant Release. The ETA is 5/7/2022-5/13/2022. I would advise you to keep in touch with the sales department where you ordered the vehicle for the most current status updates.

James: Do you know what hold up is for at the plant? Are they waiting on parts?
Nashira: There are currently no details for the plant hold.
James: Is the ETA you list, is that the estimated arrival at my dealer or the estimated ship date?
Nashira: That is the estimated date for when it should reach the dealership the date is not guaranteed.
James: Okay.. thank you.”””

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Last week they had said secondary status of delay, plant hold, eta of 5-13 to my dealer. Checked today, not sure if they are trying to make me think it’s better or not (at least hopefully that is the case)…

“””Thank you for allowing me the time I needed to look into that order status for you, James. The vehicle is not yet shippable or is experiencing a delay with plant Release. The ETA is 5/7/2022-5/13/2022. I would advise you to keep in touch with the sales department where you ordered the vehicle for the most current status updates.

James: Do you know what hold up is for at the plant? Are they waiting on parts?
Nashira: There are currently no details for the plant hold.
James: Is the ETA you list, is that the estimated arrival at my dealer or the estimated ship date?
Nashira: That is the estimated date for when it should reach the dealership the date is not guaranteed.
James: Okay.. thank you.”””
That's been my same conversations. My dealer called today and gave me the 5/13 date. I was at the post office so I couldn't ask any questions about the holds they are seeing on their end.

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That's been my same conversations. My dealer called today and gave me the 5/13 date. I was at the post office so I couldn't ask any questions about the holds they are seeing on their end.
TBH, I don't think it's much better if you are 'built and awaiting shipment'.

I traveled to NJ to pick up my Bronco on the assurances that it would be delivered last week. I now fully expect to fly back to Dallas this Friday still 'awaiting shipment'.

To be more specific, I expect my delivery date to change on or before Wednesday at 7 pm EDT (based on last week's reschedule). So, right now, it doesn't seem like the situation is dramatically different if you're 'on hold' or 'awaiting shipment'. Only Ford can prove me wrong.

Edit: And at least y'all have a hugging and crying thread :)

Sponsored

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
TBH, I don't think it's much better if you are 'built and awaiting shipment'.

I traveled to NJ to pick up my Bronco on the assurances that it would be delivered last week. I now fully expect to fly back to Dallas this Friday still 'awaiting shipment'.

To be more specific, I expect my delivery date to change on or before Wednesday at 7 pm EDT (based on last week's reschedule). So, right now, it doesn't seem like the situation is dramatically different if you're 'on hold' or 'awaiting shipment'. Only Ford can prove me wrong.

Edit: And at least y'all have a hugging and crying thread :)
I'll trade you shipped for the hugging and crying thread... Maybe 😂😂

That really sucks that you flew to get it and can't. Did you move since ordering or just order from a different location for allocations?

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'll trade you shipped for the hugging and crying thread... Maybe 😂😂

That really sucks that you flew to get it and can't. Did you move since ordering or just order from a different location for allocations?
Lol. I'll trade 'shipped' for 'awaiting shipment' and any three threads of your choosing.

I have a house in NJ but temporarily living in Dallas (working remote and living with my CPA wife on her Dallas travel gig). Ordered from the dealer .4 miles away from my house.

Intend to bring the Bronco to Dallas where it'll fit in and return my Lotus to NJ where it fits in. Lotus <> Dallas.

MelissaJ19

Outer Banks
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Lol. I'll trade 'shipped' for 'awaiting shipment' and any three threads of your choosing.

I have a house in NJ but temporarily living in Dallas (working remote and living with my CPA wife on her Dallas travel gig). Ordered from the dealer .4 miles away from my house.

Intend to bring the Bronco to Dallas where it'll fit in and return my Lotus to NJ where it fits in. Lotus <> Dallas.
What is your wife doing as a CPA on a travel basis? I'm a CPA and do local audits in the Chicago suburbs and there are no travel perks in my job outside of conferences. Are you just going to wait for the bronco or go back down since who knows how long it'll be still?

Jaybro23

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hopefully ours will ship together within the next 11 days… Best of luck to everyone in similar holding patterns.

tnobull

Black Diamond
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr BD Bronco + Salsa Journeyman Flat Bar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

What is your wife doing as a CPA on a travel basis? I'm a CPA and do local audits in the Chicago suburbs and there are no travel perks in my job outside of conferences. Are you just going to wait for the bronco or go back down since who knows how long it'll be still?
I was on the CPA path (halfway through the exams) as an auditor for a mid-sized regional firm until I switched gears - I was flying all over the west coast to clients as far was Montana and Alaska.
Sponsored