Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There are tons of 12V blankets specifically made for cars, and cheap too.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I'd go another, and probably more simple way. Just buy a 12v blanket. Inverters are very inefficient and your blankets may draw too much power. A good inverter is also expensive. And becomes a projectile in a crash. These are $30. Many are even cheaper. Don't overthink this one guys.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0009Y2CFS?tag=offersamzn-20&ascsubtag=0291FbKvkbbOCwCDqYJowUY
Yep, i thought of that but I have only found one that is washable. Plus I was thinking of a traditional plug for other reasons like crockpot or other things during camping, tailgating, safety meetings, etc. I had one in my explorer and didn’t use it a ton but I did us it for some pretty random things.

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
OP,
" but you are saying ground closest to inverter as possible, why? "
No, you would want your 12v DC cables matched in length and adequate gauge to carry the amperage pulled through to the inverter.

Alternative setup OP rather than running a permanent system which I've seen are portable inverter power supplies. Some are pricey some not so much. Just make sure it's a quality "pure sine" inverter to protect sensitive devices. They do the trick and the added benefit of not compromising cargo space year round.

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
OP,
" but you are saying ground closest to inverter as possible, why? "
No, you would want your 12v DC cables matched in length and adequate gauge to carry the amperage pulled through to the inverter.

Alternative setup OP rather than running a permanent system which I've seen are portable inverter power supplies. Some are pricey some not so much. Just make sure it's a quality "pure sine" inverter to protect sensitive devices. They do the trick and the added benefit of not compromising cargo space year round.
I was thinking of mounting it under the rear seat and getting something like this. Are you suggesting I get a bigger one?
SUDOKEJI Power Inverter 1000W/2000WDC 12V to 110V 120V AC Converter, car Adapter, 3AC Sockets with LCD Display and 4 Portable USB car Chargers for Home https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08RYKDQK6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_XJ3H60GEM2DQZX9FTPDT

Bongo Fury

Base
First Name
Bongo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco 120v ac outlet ideas 1646405026730

More research OP!
More research! Pic from bottom of website.
No mention of 60 Hz
No mention of pure sine versus modified or "dirty" electric
Slow down......
Watch solar/RV power videos over the course of a few days.
You will gain the tools you're seeking from those who went before you.

Also, crock pots pull a shit ton of juice. You may want a larger application.

Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep, i thought of that but I have only found one that is washable. Plus I was thinking of a traditional plug for other reasons like crockpot or other things during camping, tailgating, safety meetings, etc. I had one in my explorer and didn’t use it a ton but I did us it for some pretty random things.
You know you have to keep the engine running right? Will you run your engine for hours to cook a roast? Seems like a campfire or bbq is a better idea. Maybe a portable generator would be better for you?

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I truely appreciate the comments but… I’m just keeping the food hot in the CP… not running a kitchen out of here. Also, if I for some reason have to install a small refrigerator to have basic electrical capacity in the truck to power a blanket then any hope in sustainable life is laughable. Don’t look up
Sponsored