2.3 - Sensor Issues - Now Will Not Start

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
When I see these threads about intermittent electrical or sensor issues shutting down the vehicle, and then see a relevant, actionable potential solution from @flip .... I print them out and put them in my glove box. Because Lord knows, I'll be in the middle of freakin nowhere, with no cell service, and one of these things will happen.

At this point, there is a small book of PITA electrical tips (essentially written by @flip) in my Bronco at all times.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Csizemore

Csizemore

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey all, thought I would give a quick update. So it was towed last Wednesday, and on Friday I got a call that the initial issue was found and it was some type controller/connection into the transmission.... And that the part was in and replaced and that they were going to work on the issue with the read door glass that is off line and the rear soft top where a couple of the plastic connectors had popped (read others having that issue and that Ford has a fix) and that it should be ready Monday or Tuesday.

Called today and told initially it was finished and running but they were still working on the windows... Called tonight and found out it still will not crank or move and they have order a Engine Control Unit...

Obviously not the news I wanted to hear... And we have trip coming this weekend to Jacksonville Florida we were hoping to take it on... Not sure that is going to happen.

A small back story - I had a 2012 Jeep Wrangler that I loved, and it started having some electrical issues a little over a year ago... went into limp mode as I was turning across traffic and i about got hit... so I guess I still have some residual whininess from that....

Really hoping this is just the results from a weird couple years and that this fixes the issue and this is not a sign of more issues to come. I absolutely love this Bronco....

So we will see. Sorry for the book but wanted to give an update.

OP
OP
Csizemore

Csizemore

Outer Banks
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey everyone. I wanted to give you a final update on the outcome of the issues. First I want to thank all of you for your help and information especially the assistance from @flip and Ford.

Due to the length and extent of the tests and sensors replaced I am attaching the supplied report docs from the dealer service department.

Basically at first they thought it was a PCM, after replacement they found it to be the Engine Control Module as well.

I have noticed some burning smell after driving. I am thinking maybe they spilled some Trans Fluid after the replacement of that sensor? I had oil change and tire rotation at my normal mechanic shop this week and they found no signs to be concerned with.

While frustrating, mostly due to the communication from the dealership, I must say Ford has gone above and beyond to stay in contact with me and do everything in their power to make this right.

Technology is great, but it is easy to have issues, I still love this vehicle more than any other vehicle I have ever had!

Thanks again!
Chad

IMG_2227.jpg

IMG_2228.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We don't see a lot of 12A650 (PCM/ECM) go bad and it looks like tech diagnosed correctly following FDRS and pin point tests. Looked like a bugger to diagnose.
Sponsored