Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My full-sized Bronco Wildtrak 2022, will not start. The battery is fine it attempts to start but never fires up. Is anyone else having this issue? Seems like it just isn't getting fuel.
Did your “full-sized” Wildtrack come with an engine block heater?

My $26K Base came with it. It was a $95 option. You have probably spent way more than that already. Boy Scout motto = Be Prepared.

I’m not sure what makes a Wildtrak “full-sized”, maybe that’s the model with no engine block heater.

710-oil-614

Big Bend
First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Maverick Tremor, 2010 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

My $26K Base came with it. It was a $95 option. You have probably spent way more than that already. Boy Scout motto = Be Prepared.

I’m not sure what makes a Wildtrak “full-sized”, maybe that’s the model with no engine block heater.
BSA oath (promise) also includes:

"To help other people at all times;"
BSA does just fine looking bad for themselves. Don't use them as a shield to be a jerk to OP.

OP - as others have hit on. Definitely fuel pump/fuel related if it is turning over willingly and not firing. The below freezing temps would lead me first to believe there was moisture in your fuel, pump, or fuel line that is restricting flow.

Other is just a flat out fuel pump failure that we've seen before.

Could be a combo of a bad fuel pump pushed to the limit by cold temps and moisture in the line.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i know this is basic, but is there fuel in the tank?

Sponsored

Realtor

Wildtrak
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, GT350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How much fuel in the tank? Less than 1/2 tank there would likely be enough moisture in there to make it not start. Most likely cause.

Tough to believe, but true. I keep them full in the winter, and never let them go below 1/2 overnight.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Maybe I'm to old, but the way it uses to work is engines only needed 3 things to run... Air, fuel, and spark (well and compression but that's a different story)

Air... Unless you have a rat build a nest in your intake is a non issue and chances are it would start just not run well.

Fuel...this one is easy to determine with a can of starting fluid. So many people skip this and I don't understand why because it's so simple. Spray some starter fluid into your intake, if it starts then dies you have a fuel problem.

Spark.. with all the new electronics it is hard to find the fault. And with no distributor and no spark plug wires now, it's hard to test. This one you tend to rule out by process of elimination of the other 2.

My long winded suggestion is Starting fluid will tell you if it's electronics or fuel? (Or have things changed so much Starting fluid doesn't work anymore?)

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe I'm to old, but the way it uses to work is engines only needed 3 things to run... Air, fuel, and spark (well and compression but that's a different story)

Air... Unless you have a rat build a nest in your intake is a non issue and chances are it would start just not run well.

Fuel...this one is easy to determine with a can of starting fluid. So many people skip this and I don't understand why because it's so simple. Spray some starter fluid into your intake, if it starts then dies you have a fuel problem.

Spark.. with all the new electronics it is hard to find the fault. And with no distributor and no spark plug wires now, it's hard to test. This one you tend to rule out by process of elimination of the other 2.

My long winded suggestion is Starting fluid will tell you if it's electronics or fuel? (Or have things changed so much Starting fluid doesn't work anymore?)
In the days of old I would agree w/ the starting fluid but on these new vehicles I'm not sure it's a great idea but I could be wrong.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
My full-sized Bronco Wildtrak 2022, will not start. The battery is fine it attempts to start but never fires up. Is anyone else having this issue? Seems like it just isn't getting fuel.
Hi there! Will you send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? I can look into things on my end.

OP
OP

CarlosRapa

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Broco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

It did come with an engine block heater. The messed-up thing about that is one, it didn't work, and 2, it really wants 220v, so plugging it up to a normal 110v, it only gets the output, which is ok at best. It did work ok when the temps rose. I have a strong feeling it was just bad gasoline.

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

It did come with an engine block heater. The messed-up thing about that is one, it didn't work, and 2, it really wants 220v, so plugging it up to a normal 110v, it only gets the output, which is ok at best. It did work ok when the temps rose. I have a strong feeling it was just bad gasoline.
Your post does not make sense, but whatever.

220v is not needed. Your factory block heater on 110v works just fine. The key is to plug it in hours beforehand, like the night before. You can’t just plug it in, turn the key, and have an instant warm engine.

My Bronco stays plugged in most of the winter, it gets very cold here in Montana.

Sounds like you got your Bronco running again, that’s a happy ending.
Sponsored