Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Listed in general; move to where you see fit

noticed this a few times thus far when the bronco is warming up in the driveway. A faint engine squeak, the kind of thing that sounds serpentine belt related and you’d expect to hear much louder on a much older vehicle.

see video below. I put the camera in the wheel well to assure it was audible to the phone; but you can definitely hear it in person simply when walking by the truck.
Ideas?

Sponsored

srick76

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, 69 Bronco, Durango RT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like the belt. Did it do it in the warmer weather? Could be temperature related (cold weather) Does it still do it after it warmer up? Mine started making a squeaking sound from the wheel area..doesn't make it at idle only when it starts moving, but its different than your sound.

OP
OP
SamG

SamG

Black Diamond
First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sas
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds like the belt. Did it do it in the warmer weather? Could be temperature related (cold weather) Does it still do it after it warmer up? Mine started making a squeaking sound from the wheel area..doesn't make it at idle only when it starts moving, but its different than your sound.
my thought was also cold weather related - I do not recall it doing this in the warmer months… however, the engine can idle for 15 mins and it still does it. I don’t believe it does it after having actually drove a few miles however.
As for your sound, I recommend taking a recording if possible and uploading it here - ya never know who could diagnosis it