First Name
UltimateBronco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After talking with my buddy more, he thinks it is probably the throw out bearing. He initially thought it was lifters because his raptor’s lifters make a similar noise until warm. People saying they’re going to get rid of it, it shifts fine, just makes a little noise, it’s a truck. Maybe think about dumping it before warranty is up or get the extended warranty. I plan to just drive until it becomes more than just a nuisance.
Sponsored

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just to update everyone. I have an appointment at the dealership on February 8th. I have just noticed, when I drive the bronco for about 20-30 minutes and its warm then its back idling in neutral, it doesn't make the noise anymore. Still gonna take it in but it seems to me that this happens in cold weather or just when the bronco is started in cold weather as well. Its been -15 to 8 degrees here the last few weeks. Today its 30 degrees, I started the bronco, heard the noise, drove for about 20 minutes, parked left it in neutral and got out to listen for the noise and it was completely gone. This noise doesnt bother me too much, just as long as I know something isnt broken.I get that its a "Truck" but if there's something that shouldn't be happening I'd like to have it fixed.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just heard from my Ford dealer and I assume my call to Ford prompted it. Its going in next week 2/3 and they will be doing a number of checks. The service advisor went over the checks they will be doing which may include pulling the transmission if they see metal in the oil. I have a feeling there is something wrong with a batch of these units and may need to replaced/repaired. There are too many of us here that are hearing/experiencing it. Funny thing she also said is that its not an issue that Ford has a TSB on. I think everyone that is experiencing this should reach out to Ford as I did so it becomes a known issue. I will keep everyone in the loop once I hear from my dealer. Probably wont be for a few days after i drop it off next week. They already told me they are short of technicians due to Covid..ugh!
Hey quick question—what method did you use to reach out to Ford on this? I’m gonna do the same thing.

OP
OP
raymondcielo

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey quick question—what method did you use to reach out to Ford on this? I’m gonna do the same thing.
I just went on the Ford website and clicked on support. There is a chat service. I opened up a chat and told them the issue. They got back to me within 24 hours. From there they move it forward. My Bronco went in today so I’ll keep everyone updated when I hear something.

texashoya

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just went on the Ford website and clicked on support. There is a chat service. I opened up a chat and told them the issue. They got back to me within 24 hours. From there they move it forward. My Bronco went in today so I’ll keep everyone updated when I hear something.
Awesome, thanks so much--very interested to hear how this goes. Although I will say that I think my issue was me being a moron, because I was in 4H and thought I was in 2H. So the "weird sound" was just due to being in 4WD. D'oh.

Sponsored

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Update: just got back from the dealership. Just my luck it is almost 40 degrees here today so by the time I got to the dealership the noise was gone because it was warmed up. I let them listen to the video of the noise. They looked over the whole vehicle and said nothing is mechanically wrong but that they would make a note and flag the issue that I brought to them. They said its good to drive without issue. Thats all I needed to hear because I figured it couldn't be too bad if it stops when the vehicle is warmed up.

OP
OP
raymondcielo

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: just got back from the dealership. Just my luck it is almost 40 degrees here today so by the time I got to the dealership the noise was gone because it was warmed up. I let them listen to the video of the noise. They looked over the whole vehicle and said nothing is mechanically wrong but that they would make a note and flag the issue that I brought to them. They said its good to drive without issue. Thats all I needed to hear because I figured it couldn't be too bad if it stops when the vehicle is warmed up.
Thanks for the update. It does go away when warmed up. I left mine at the dealer and they replicated the noise. It's currently at the dealer(since last Wednesday) getting looked at for the noise and a couple minor issues. I have Ford involved as well since I felt it may be something more. You're better than me with accepting the noise as nothing. If everyone was hearing it then I might, but since not everyone is I feel its not normal. As soon as I get it back or hear something I will update the thread.

Buffaloguy

Base
First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Honda Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks for the update. It does go away when warmed up. I left mine at the dealer and they replicated the noise. It's currently at the dealer(since last Wednesday) getting looked at for the noise and a couple minor issues. I have Ford involved as well since I felt it may be something more. You're better than me with accepting the noise as nothing. If everyone was hearing it then I might, but since not everyone is I feel its not normal. As soon as I get it back or hear something I will update the thread.
I'd love to know what they find. I won't say I'm 100% good with the noise but they weren't able to find anything and I can't go days and weeks without a vehicle. If you update us and say ford found something horrible that was wrong then I'd leave it at the dealership over night so they can replicate the noise and let them know what your dealer said the issue was so that they can fix it . looking forward to hearing more!

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Same here...waiting for y'alls follow up.

Kimberley

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anyone have anymore updates on this? Due to finding a puddle of oil under my truck (does not seem to have come from my bronco and another woman at work is leaking oil) a couple people checked my oil for me last night and they could hear that grinding noise as soon as they walked over, even louder when we popped the hood. It was about 15 degrees out and I did not hear the noise by the time I got home. Going to be keeping a close eye on it today and tomorrow since it is going to warm up into the 40s by tomorrow.

Sponsored

Geo

Base
First Name
Geo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Anyone have anymore updates on this? Due to finding a puddle of oil under my truck (does not seem to have come from my bronco and another woman at work is leaking oil) a couple people checked my oil for me last night and they could hear that grinding noise as soon as they walked over, even louder when we popped the hood. It was about 15 degrees out and I did not hear the noise by the time I got home. Going to be keeping a close eye on it today and tomorrow since it is going to warm up into the 40s by tomorrow.
Get Ford involved. Log an issue and get a case number. The more people that do, will help us all. It's been a week since I received a case number. My dealership has not sold any 2.3/manual transmissions. Service people have only seen any in the shop. We all need to log the issue and get case numbers to escalate the problem. I'm calling Ford today to ask why it's taking so long.

OP
OP
raymondcielo

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: I started this thread last month as I am having a concern as well. Same grinding noise but no oil leak. My Bronco went in the shop on 2 weeks ago and have only heard back a few times, "saying they are diagnosing it". I reached out to Ford and have a case number as well as a case manager. I should hear something today from both the dealer and the case manager. Hoping for the best.

LGM

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend. 2011 Ranger. 2008 Super Duty.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Does anyone have a manual tranny and live somewhere cold who does not have the noise?

Jawaburger

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2 Door, Manual, Cactus Gray
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Does anyone have a manual tranny and live somewhere cold who does not have the noise?
I live in Illinois, and we have had a lot of below freezing weather, but not as cold as some of the northern states. I have not heard this noise, but it may not be as cold here.

OP
OP
raymondcielo

raymondcielo

Badlands
First Name
Raymond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

UPDATE: Just got this from my service technician at Ford. Pretty much nothing concrete and have to wait for Fords response. The game continues.....

"They think it has to do with 6th gear or the throw out bearing but without taking the transmission apart we couldn't say for sure. Also, with the vehicle being so new, even if we did take it apart, we might not see an obvious issue".

"As for what repair to do, when we find the issue and know what the repair is I will contact you right away. If they want us to overhaul the transmission I will let you know and you can contact Ford customer service to start a case and push for the trans to be replaced."

"We can request it but, from our end, we have to do what Ford tell us to do. But, we will work together to get you the right repair for the vehicle."

I will keep everyone posted as I get more info. If anyone has their Bronco experiencing the same issue, please contact Ford and your dealer. The more people that they have experiencing this the better the outcome will be for all of us.
Sponsored