Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got my Bronco in August of ‘22 and it’s been a dream ever since. About two weeks ago I heard a ticking noise coming from somewhere in the engine. The noise was consistent whether I was idling or rolling down the highway. I, of course, did what anyone else would do and googled the problem to find a solution. I saw a lot of different posts explaining the noise and comparing it to a sewing machine. A lot of posts were saying how it can be totally normal to hear that sound from Ford engines. Even though I had no warning lights on my dash, I still decided to take it to Ford.
It took Ford close to a week to even look at it. They decided the noise was way too loud to be normal so they drained the oil and decided it looked too shiny and something was wrong.

Two weeks later, I’m getting a new engine and no one knows what’s actually wrong. I’m hoping I can get it back before August. I had a lot of plans and things I wanted to do with my Bronco.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Fairly typical of any modern manufacturer to simply replace the engine rather than disassemble/repair/reassemble.

If their economies of scale say that's cheaper for them then have fun. It's a new factory built engine, probably far better than your average dealership mechanic could do considering the complexity of motors and tooling these days.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad they are taking care of it. Like Rick said easier & more cost effective for them to just replace it all together. I'm sure at some point they will tear it down to see what happened though we will never hear of it 🤠 .

330SMG

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 F150 ,89 325i and 72 Dodge Charger SE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe It will end up on the I Do Cars youtube channel and he will disassemble the engine to find out what is wrong

KPLOBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The good news is you don’t have to worry about what was wrong, or whether you’ll have an issue later related to the engine disassembly

Sponsored

EndersRide

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d say you were a bit luckier than me. Took them 3 months to get an engineer out to authorize the engine replacement on mine. Took about a week to order and another week to get the new one in and run through all the tests. Everything has been golden since. On the plus side, I’ve avoided the MT issues.

PrepVet

Big Bend
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch.
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Maybe It will end up on the I Do Cars youtube channel and he will disassemble the engine to find out what is wrong
Odd you mention him, I just watched one of his vids about 10 mins ago. lol

MFP2241

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I got my Bronco in August of ‘22 and it’s been a dream ever since. About two weeks ago I heard a ticking noise coming from somewhere in the engine. The noise was consistent whether I was idling or rolling down the highway. I, of course, did what anyone else would do and googled the problem to find a solution. I saw a lot of different posts explaining the noise and comparing it to a sewing machine. A lot of posts were saying how it can be totally normal to hear that sound from Ford engines. Even though I had no warning lights on my dash, I still decided to take it to Ford.
It took Ford close to a week to even look at it. They decided the noise was way too loud to be normal so they drained the oil and decided it looked too shiny and something was wrong.

Two weeks later, I’m getting a new engine and no one knows what’s actually wrong. I’m hoping I can get it back before August. I had a lot of plans and things I wanted to do with my Bronco.
What was the mileage when you started to hear the ticking?

Sponsored
OP
OP
DjMojon

DjMojon

Badlands
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Did they see anything that looked odd when you did the first oil change?
All they said was that it looked shiny/glimmering. But they didn’t find any metal in it.

rblume73

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco, 07 F150, 73 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So that's where one of my old 5.4L cam phasers went. I hope my 2.3L doesn't have the other one.

OP
OP
DjMojon

DjMojon

Badlands
First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dropped my car off on 6/9. Got it back on 7/13. Surprisingly the longest wait time was just them getting around to diagnosing my car. Once they realized what was wrong, from ordering the engine to putting it only took about two weeks. The pic is what they said was wrong with it
Ford Bronco 2.3L engine dead IMG_4013
Sponsored