Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My sales guy here in Montana is at the Off-Rodeo in Texas and sent me this pic of his ride for the day. They look amazing!
Ford Bronco 2.7L Bronco Sasquatch – Off-Roadeo Trail Footage @ Austin Texas dealer pic
Sponsored

MBLANCHARD

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the footage!
Nice to see some 2 doors and in cactus gray.

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't even really like white cars, but the bronco looks good in white. Pop a black hood and some accent colors and it will look awesome
Agreed! I switched from carb grey to ox white. Going with orange carbon fiber hood cowl but debating stripes. Great video! The off rodeo looks to be a must do.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It's great to see the Broncos running out there! It looks like a great place for people to get their toes wet driving off-road and finding that the Bronco is so much more capable than a CUV.

One thing to note is that the environment they have there could easily be run by a base Bronco. Throwing sasquatch equipped vehicles at that difficulty level is like pistol whipping a blind kid.

After watching that video, I will hold off on making a reservation to see if one of the other locations offers a little more challenging environment.

Please note that i'm an absolute novice at off-road driving, having only a few days of seat time with a Rubicon in Canyonlands NP and a few hours in the more challenging environment of Moab*. Even to these untrained eyes, the environment they made for the Rodeo is a piece of cake for those rigs!

Ford Bronco 2.7L Bronco Sasquatch – Off-Roadeo Trail Footage @ Austin Texas Colorado river overlook

*Press embargo is still on for disseminating any information/feedback from driving the Bronco at Moab event.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound like an ass. But I've had that much off-roading just going deer hunting and prairie dogging. My biggest challenge is getting stuck in the mud and then trying to get out. Where there are no trees or fence posts around to winch from. So I guess I was hoping to learn how to use the different modes and what they do, but I don't see that there's a lot of time for that. Love to see a video from the inside though

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hate to be a jerk, but I agree with you.
I understand they have safety and experience levels to deal with, but this video was beyond beginner level. I'd like to drive something more extreme than the 3/4 mile dirt road I drive to my local gun range.
I don't think the point is to have people running the vehicles hard. I think it's more to demonstrate how to operate the vehicle and the features, as well as to build confidence in people who are new to off roading. I didn't get to go rock crawling on my test drive of a JK Rubicon, either. We took it on some mild off camber stuff so I could learn about the features of the vehicle. They didn't have me handling high explosives on day 2 of basic training, by the same token.

If you already know this stuff and you're already an expert, it's probably not for you. That said, I'm getting it for free. I get to drive a Bronco for a couple of days in Moab when it's open, and someone is going to show me the features of the vehicle. Really, getting a chance to decide what I like and what I don't like in a proctored environment is worth it to me.

I usually don't complain about free stuff, though. In this case, Ford/Bronco Nation/someone is going to a lot of expense to let me drive around for free.

That said, if this gets more people into off roading and learning about it, getting involved in trail conservation and joining in with groups, it's a good thing. In enough parts of the country, there's little old woman committees that are striving to get us banned. More people getting into offloading is better. It was a kind of annual event with the forest rangers letting us know the ladies of Mercer Island were banding together to ban off roading in the national forest again.

When I did the SRT track experience several years back, we didn't run the vehicles as hard as they could go on the track. I took the time to learn tips from the professional drivers and waited until I was out on the expressway to get that thing up to 168 MPH. :)

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't think the point is to have people running the vehicles hard.
I do understand Ryuk's point. The trails were ideal for pointing out very basic off-road challenges but the obstacles are so far with-in the Bronco's ability that it seems rudimentary.

Sponsored

ChrisD

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands, 2021 Lincoln Corsair
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I do understand Ryuk's point. The trails were ideal for pointing out very basic off-road challenges but the obstacles are so far with-in the Bronco's ability that it seems rudimentary.
Agreed, I'm absolutely not calling him out, I just think the point of the trails is to be rudimentary, so people can learn in an environment without a lot of extra distraction, like, "Am I going to roll over upside down?" Sort of like how we had to disassemble an M16 in a room on a table with a diagram of all the parts before we had to do it at night in the field with someone shooting machine guns. :)

I mean, I could have done it anyway, they gave me a book with pictures even my lizard brain could understand, but that's how the Army does training.

That said, I have a dream they will let us break up into groups by ability or desire to do more challenging things, especially when these classes are full of people and they need to split into groups, but my dream will probably be shattered. :)

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Great video, best I’ve seen yet. Might have been the microphones but the exhaust on all models was quieter than I was expecting. What was your take on it? Again nice work, captured the day really well.
It’s the microphones they’re actually a lot β€œthroatier” than you’d expect. Definitely a nice exhaust note.
Where you able to drive the high speed section or is that only with a guide driver?
Over the two days, about how much time driving vs instruction. Does the off rodeo seem like a good value if you're paying for a 2nd driver?
Sorry for the questions, thinking about booking but haven't pulled the trigger yet.
It depends on your level of experience. If you were a seasoned or veteran off-road individual all of this is going to seem like a walk in the park. If you’re someone with very little experience it will be definitely worth your while. High speed sections are 25 mph in the sports and safely a bit faster in the larger ones.

OP
OP
Chase Gentry

Chase Gentry

Wildtrak
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 and 2016 TRD Tacoma & 4 Runner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Awesome footage, I could eat this up all day! It's really helpful to see these things in action – loving my 7MT selection after seeing the crawler gear in action but now I'm seriously considering going back to code 99 in order to wait for mansquatch like I had initially decided.

My biggest concern is not knowing what pricing will look like for a 22 BD ManSquatch compared to what we currently have.

Liked/sub'd
Thanks for watching and subscribing πŸ™Œ

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That said, I have a dream they will let us break up into groups by ability or desire to do more challenging things, especially when these classes are full of people and they need to split into groups, but my dream will probably be shattered. :)
Agree with you completely. I hope your statement is true (but have my doubts).