Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm happy and sad at the same time.😍😥

All along I planned on Base until it became evident you can't get a rear locker from the factory without losing the EB-looking steelies.😞

In a perfect world Ford will let us add a rear locker to Base for MY22.😍

mC.242

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend 4dr (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Glad I got sasquatch on my base. They should have at least offered 32" tires
Ford definitely kept the Base unappealing to the majority of buyers. Unless you go Squatch it's a tough sell. I ended up moving up to a Big Bend to get the 4.27 locking rear and all the extras for just a few thousand more.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford definitely kept the Base unappealing to the majority of buyers. Unless you go Squatch it's a tough sell. I ended up moving up to a Big Bend to get the 4.27 locking rear and all the extras for just a few thousand more.
Every time I did that, I ended up going back to BaseSquatch for the better value......just cannot get past that $5k Big Bend tax that nets you nearly nothing, except more expensive boxes to click.
The BaseSquatch just intrigues the heck outta me....all the great driveline parts that I like about the Badlands...for $7k to 9k less.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I got sasquatch on my base. They should have at least offered 32" tires
Getting 32" is the easiest mod you can make to change the look of the rig without actually altering anything on the vehicle itself (except perhaps minor gearing).

I am looking forward to running on the 30s for a while, then getting a second set of wheels and tires down the road.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I ordered the Base in AMB and find the silver kind of boring, it if they’d just let me have that one RIGHT NOW I’d take it. Makes me about sick seeing it just sit there.
The color matches well with both the wheels and the top. But like you, I am still AMB.

Xploit

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1978 porsche 911
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think small wheels can look great.. the key is proportions though, the wheel wells on the bronco are HUGE and thats why smaller wheels just dont look as good as they could. Here are a couple photos of small and large wheels. The vintage land rovers really show both sizes well.
Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.53.13 AM
Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.52.26 AM

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think small wheels can look great.. the key is proportions though, the wheel wells on the bronco are HUGE and thats why smaller wheels just dont look as good as they could. Here are a couple photos of small and large wheels. The vintage land rovers really show both sizes well.
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.53.13 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-04-14 at 8.52.26 AM.png

I love the look of the base bronco. It is the closest thing you can get to the first gen in "look and feel". Looking at it from the side, you may think the wheel wells are too big, but on my 5K neighborhood walks, I always look at the wheel wells of trucks. 63.6% of wheel wells on F-150s and other trucks have wheel wells like that.

We are so close to the Bronco, that we don't notice that that is the way that the majority of trucks in the wild typically are.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Bradnewt

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried configuring every model, with a 2.7 and Sasquatch package, they all ended up close to $50k. I care more about off road performance and less about amenities, so I settled for a Base with Squatch in AMB for $41k. I like the cloth seats, I'm afraid those MGV seats would burn my a$$ up during these hot and humid summers we have in the South.

I Like the BD wheels too, but just dropped drown from BD sasquatch to sasquatch base. Can see spending $5k more for rubber floors and

OP
OP
shoelessjoe

shoelessjoe

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Chevy Cruze
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I tried configuring every model, with a 2.7 and Sasquatch package, they all ended up close to $50k. I care more about off road performance and less about amenities, so I settled for a Base with Squatch in AMB for $41k. I like the cloth seats, I'm afraid those MGV seats would burn my a$$ up during these hot and humid summers we have in the South.
2DR Big Bend with 2.7 Squatch is 44K

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's not a preproduction 2dr base bronco guys.

It's the mail truck just doing it's daily rounds.
The thing is, you cannot zing the value oriented Base Bronco buyer. We revel in joy of the $7-30K we saved over your setup.

I am getting a Base Manual Transmission 2-Door Bronco (for under $31K, includes roof rack and switches), AND I am going to be able to keep my 2016 Manual Transmission Mustang AND we are redoing the kitchen.

I seriously think my setup is UNDERPRICED and I can get my favorite AMB color.

Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP Canoe Front

Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP Bronco No Doors Roof
Sponsored