Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@RedDawg What tire you going with in the 265/75/r16. Been looking for a nice semi-aggressive looking one in C-Load Range. Thinking Toyo Open Country AT3 right now. I want BFG KO2s but don't think they are a "C".
I was thinking Cooper Discoverer or Bridgestone, but those aren’t aggressive looking. Since it’ll be my DD I need something that will wear well on asphalt.
Looking at the Discount site, maybe even Goodyear Wranglers.... just cuz 😎
I'm considering 235/85R16 Cooper AT3's (and painting the base model steelies black). I like the skinny/tall tire look of the early Bronco...
Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP cooper_AT3

after speaking with my salesman at the dealer Bronco showing, he indicated that once they start doing lifts and mods they will be selling take off parts. He indicated he'd sell me a set of Black Diamond wheels/tires for next to nothing. I may drive mine as-is for a bit and see what kind of offer the dealer has for take off parts.

so stoked for this thing: Base 2dr, 2.3L, 7sp mt, iconic silver. Dealer indicated I made the cut for MY21 builds.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm considering 235/85R16 Cooper AT3's (and painting the base model steelies black). I like the skinny/tall tire look of the early Bronco...
Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP cooper_AT3

after speaking with my salesman at the dealer Bronco showing, he indicated that once they start doing lifts and mods they will be selling take off parts. He indicated he'd sell me a set of Black Diamond wheels/tires for next to nothing. I may drive mine as-is for a bit and see what kind of offer the dealer has for take off parts.

so stoked for this thing: Base 2dr, 2.3L, 7sp mt, iconic silver. Dealer indicated I made the cut for MY21 builds.
I am running Cooper 235/85 x 16's on my 05 Rubicon unlimited. Nice tire tall (32), skinny, tough and chainable. Get the ones with the 'Maxx' postscript, they have sidewall protection. I wish I had known they are also available in 255 width in both 16 (85 profile) or 17" (80 Profile) which is a 33" tire. Also available in Falken Wildpeak and Toyo. This is my plan for a non Sas Big Bend.

mmorgan

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC JImmy
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Also a big fan of the base w/ manual trans. Only thing I would add are roof racks and mud guards, and paint the steelies black. Here is how I picture my rig will look like:

Ford Bronco 2-Door BASE Bronco @ MAP Jim_AMB_BroncoBase_build
I just wish AMB looked that blue to me every time I have seen it. I do like the black wheel treatment.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4Runner, 1976 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I just wish AMB looked that blue to me every time I have seen it. I do like the black wheel treatment.
I saw AMB in person at 5:00 p.m. last week on an F-250. It is stunning, trust me.

Sponsored

Ecobeast

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Expedition XLT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think it looks perfect and just needs new shoes. I’m selling the black appearance wheels and brand new hankooks atm’s of my ‘21 ranger which would be perfect on this.

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just for grins, the next time you are in your current car. Take a look at the rpm you usually have running. Now plot those rpms against this chart of the 2021 2.3L:

Are you being honest with yourself that you are consistently running at 3500-4000, or above, rpm? 🤷‍♀️
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but all engines have HP that is proportional to RPM. Not only do these engines make more power but they have 10 (or 7) gears instead of 3 or 4 and the 1st gear is crazy low compared to the old days. These things will fly compared to any stock Bronco from decades past. My 93 sounds great but it's slowwwww. My wife's mini van will smoke it! 😁

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make but all engines have HP that is proportional to RPM. Not only do these engines make more power but they have 10 (or 7) gears instead of 3 or 4 and the 1st gear is crazy low compared to the old days. These things will fly compared to any stock Bronco from decades past. My 93 sounds great but it's slowwwww. My wife's mini van will smoke it! 😁
My point is that people, if they are trying to help with their budget, determine how they drive if they drive at 1/2 graph for example, then maybe they don't necessarily NEED the 2.7. Or they could use the thought process for another brand/model.

In short, it was a bigger picture comment than "Look what this motor can do".

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My point is that people, if they are trying to help with their budget, determine how they drive if they drive at 1/2 graph for example, then maybe they don't necessarily NEED the 2.7. Or they could use the thought process for another brand/model.

I wasn’t saying “look what this motor can do” as some hot-fodder excitement. I was saying look it can do more than the holy V8s of yore that people claim are requisite for a “real” Bronco. The fact that you may not use the power as often isn’t the point.

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m also pumped that I ordered a manual. I got tired of my last manual (Wrangler) around town and swore I wouldn’t get another, but I have enjoyed the manual option in my 4Runner hybrid automatic. My 1976 and 1987 Broncos were automatics, and were fine, but I’m excited to have more control over torque and shifting.

Sponsored

MississippiMule

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The only turbo manual I ever drove was a 1989 Ford Probe my dad had. Fun to drive.

BroncoAZ

Badlands
First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Door Badlands manual, 2021 Tacoma TRD OR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love the look of the base model Bronco. Unfortunately I just couldn’t do it. My offroad use will be on the beach, so the ability to hose sand out he drains became imperative to me. I originally ordered a $38,685 Black Diamond, but ended up changing to the $47,085 Badlands in High after deciding at age 44 I want my damn heated seats with a manual trans. Basically my Badlands is a manual with Sasquatch package and 33” tires, looking at it that way the $47,085 price isn’t that bad. A base Sasquatch with steel bash plates would be $38,510, but I can’t get a hitch for my bike rack, no heated seats, no manual trans, etc.

One difference in the BL over the BD is the 4.7 gearing for the 33” tires vs the 4.46 gearing for 32” tires. If I went BD I was going to go 33” tires, so I liked the better gearing on the BL. I think the base with 30“ tires and 4.46 gears will drive great, probably the best combination for the manual trans.

Last edited:

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ah, ok! You're right, I certainly don't need the V6 but I just figure it will be more fun doing what it will mostly do, which is driving around town. I also doubt its MPG will differ much from the 4 banger in real life and the dual injection is a nice touch. If I was going 7MT I certainly would be ok with a tuned 2.3 :cool:

kylearmani

Base
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC yukon denali
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also a big fan of the base w/ manual trans. Only thing I would add are roof racks and mud guards, and paint the steelies black. Here is how I picture my rig will look like:

Jim_AMB_BroncoBase_build.jpg

I was thinking about painting my steelies, you think it would look good?

DJN1985

Base
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 Super Duty 7.3, ZF6, 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah I am bummed as well. Having trouble finding steelies that will fit sasquatch...
Sponsored