Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ferd doesnt make a soft top for the Bronco, Bestop does

how it’ll look topless btw
82F02A32-65DD-4E38-AA8E-05227EE4D193.jpeg
And it's about a thousand bucks CHEAPER buying it from Bestop than it is buying it thru Ford !!
(my exccentricity wanted it on the original window sticker - not necessarily the smartest thing in the world !!!) 😩
Sponsored

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It looks like the top doesn’t fold all the way down in the back Is that right?
Nope, though it's fine, drove 90+ in mexico door/windowless with no issues, and all over florida.

24:51 on is topless driving

OP
OP
AzureGray6G

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope, though it's fine, drove 90+ in mexico door/windowless with no issues, and all over florida.

24:51 on is topless driving
The Jeep Gladiator does the same thing........... they said it was to leave more "bed space" than if it folded all the way back. (but in my opinion, it doesn't look as bad on the Bronco as it does on the Gladiator?)

OP
OP
AzureGray6G

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
@Lowcountry Bronco and @AzureGray6G everyone commenting in this thread is correct, the factory soft top for the Bronco comes in 2 boxes. I'm sorry you're having such a hard time getting the second box from Ford. I hope they can get it to you soon!
~Crystal@Bestop
Thanks Crystal !!! ................. have your people had any comments about coming out with a storage bag for the 2-Door soft top windows? I emailed you and you passed it on to your design team.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The Jeep Gladiator does the same thing........... they said it was to leave more "bed space" than if it folded all the way back. (but in my opinion, it doesn't look as bad on the Bronco as it does on the Gladiator?)
I don't mind the folded look at all, and all summer, even if I don't do the windows and door, I'm still slickbacked like I'm a Pimp

Sponsored
OP
OP
AzureGray6G

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't mind the folded look at all, and all summer, even if I don't do the windows and door, I'm still slickbacked like I'm a Pimp
And I plan on using mine as much as possible this summer............ like you, with or without doing the windows ! I, obviously, haven't gotten to try it out yet, but I think, like with the Gladiator, I like the idea of not blocking any of my rear vision with the top "down". And having had 13 Wranglers, I DEFINITELY think flipping that top back is much easier than messing with those heavy roof panels, if you are wanting that open top feeling. In fact I didn't even order the hardtop on the 2021 Jeep Xtreme Recon I have.

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't get it, you have to install it yourself? Or is there a hard top as well? :confused:

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
And I plan on using mine as much as possible this summer............ like you, with or without doing the windows ! I, obviously, haven't gotten to try it out yet, but I think, like with the Gladiator, I like the idea of not blocking any of my rear vision with the top "down". And having had 13 Wranglers, I DEFINITELY think flipping that top back is much easier than messing with those heavy roof panels, if you are wanting that open top feeling. In fact I didn't even order the hardtop on the 2021 Jeep Xtreme Recon I have.
Plus you're from Colorado, so like Jersey, we don't just hop right into summer, so we get days where it's flipback weather (I.e. mid 60s, light jacket and perfect around town)

From our experience, ya know there's times when it's perfect top/doorless weather, then night comes and you're freezing, like you're glad you got heat/heated seats, I always keep a hoodie with me just for that, and while it's not ungodly heavy, those doors can be a PITA to attempt solo as well.

I have my hardtop at the office warehouse, wonder how it is? Couldn't wait to get rid of it, never listened to my friends and family who suggested switching back and forth at all

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Sponsored
OP
OP
AzureGray6G

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I don't get it, you have to install it yourself? Or is there a hard top as well? :confused:
On the 2-Door the hardtop is standard and you can order the Soft Top (which is a Bestop) as a dealer installed option. The vehicle comes with the hardtop on it, and the 2 boxes with the soft top are shipped to the dealership via common carrier. I installed my Gladiator soft top, and from all the videos I've watched, the Bronco installation is much like it was.

OP
OP
AzureGray6G

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Plus you're from Colorado, so like Jersey, we don't just hop right into summer, so we get days where it's flipback weather (I.e. mid 60s, light jacket and perfect around town)

From our experience, ya know there's times when it's perfect top/doorless weather, then night comes and you're freezing, like you're glad you got heat/heated seats, I always keep a hoodie with me just for that, and while it's not ungodly heavy, those doors can be a PITA to attempt solo as well.

I have my hardtop at the office warehouse, wonder how it is? Couldn't wait to get rid of it, never listened to my friends and family who suggested switching back and forth at all
I'm "with you" on everything ! I've had both hard and soft tops for all 13 of my Jeeps.......... but since I also have a Ford truck I can drive on bad winter days, it got so I stopped swapping tops each Spring and Fall on the Jeeps - just left the soft top on. So I finally decided that all the hard top became was something I had to use up storage space for - so no hardtop for the '21 Xtreme Recon..

OP
OP
AzureGray6G

AzureGray6G

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Rubi 4-Dr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the 2-Door the hardtop is standard and you can order the Soft Top (which is a Bestop) as a dealer installed option. The vehicle comes with the hardtop on it, and the 2 boxes with the soft top are shipped to the dealership via common carrier. I installed my Gladiator soft top, and from all the videos I've watched, the Bronco installation is much like it was.
As a side note...............I thought it was kindof strange that, while the hardtop was standard on the 2-Door, it was optional on the 4-Door................. and it would have seemed to me that a higher percentage of 4-Door buyers would have rather had hardtops that 2-Door buyers? And perhaps they "knew" in advance that there might be "issues" on the hardtops................. and they would certainly be making more 4-Doors than 2-Doors.

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm "with you" on everything ! I've had both hard and soft tops for all 13 of my Jeeps.......... but since I also have a Ford truck I can drive on bad winter days, it got so I stopped swapping tops each Spring and Fall on the Jeeps - just left the soft top on. So I finally decided that all the hard top became was something I had to use up storage space for - so no hardtop for the '21 Xtreme Recon..
Ngl I'd love a Jeep as well, more so I can have my family follow me on trails in hopes of getting them interested in offroading.

Not my first Convertible:

Ford Bronco 2-Door Factory Option Soft Top 1677871093017

At work or I'd load the Boxster and mk1 TT, but had 3 rag tops, drove in all 4 seasons, so I'm not like "omg, it's snowing, my tops gonna collapse" or anything like that.

T-top here is a PITA too, cumbersome to store in the back and since I haven't been caught in the rain yet, rather the rag I can pull over and toss right back up than man the storm

Lèòn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a side note...............I thought it was kindof strange that, while the hardtop was standard on the 2-Door, it was optional on the 4-Door................. and it would have seemed to me that a higher percentage of 4-Door buyers would have rather had hardtops that 2-Door buyers? And perhaps they "knew" in advance that there might be "issues" on the hardtops................. and they would certainly be making more 4-Doors than 2-Doors.

I wish Ford offered their own soft tops that flipped all the way back, but it is what it is. That said, now I see why they did it like that
Sponsored