Sponsored

2-Door Lange Hoist Top- Have Tilting/Leaning Issues Been Resolved?

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Was interested in purchasing the hoist for a 2-Door. I read a bunch of posts they there were modified parts needed because the top would not lift level. That’s a deal breaker for me as I’ll barely be able to park under the top of its level.

Any other issues? I don’t care about the 4-door experience. Only interested 2-door experience. Do the flat hooks work or do they need to be modified?
Sponsored

Spellseer

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 KR, HD FXSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I already purchased the Hoist by Lange. Haven’t installed yet. I have a low ceiling (says 8.5 feet minimum), and where I decided to mount I had to “modify” their design and ordered a double pulley roller so I can mount the winch back further but not on the wall.

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I already purchased the Hoist by Lange. Haven’t installed yet. I have a low ceiling (says 8.5 feet minimum), and where I decided to mount I had to “modify” their design and ordered a double pulley roller so I can mount the winch back further but not on the wall.
How far back if you are wall mounting the winch can you do so without modifying?

Spellseer

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 KR, HD FXSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They give you quite a bit of cable to wall mount just not a second pulley. I’m mounting to the rafters but not directly above - it’ll be set back about 3 feet from the center point of lift. I think they give like 20 feet total - I think. I tried looking through the instructions and couldn’t find it. Might have been the install videos.

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
They give you quite a bit of cable to wall mount just not a second pulley. I’m mounting to the rafters but not directly above - it’ll be set back about 3 feet from the center point of lift. I think they give like 20 feet total - I think. I tried looking through the instructions and couldn’t find it. Might have been the install videos.
I’ll be wall mounting:

1) where did you get the 2nd pulley which I’ll need?

2) how far back can the winch sit from the pulleys and still be able to lower all the way? My winch is planned at about 3–4 feet on the wall behind pulley #1

3) does your top sit total level when raised for your 2-door top? This is critical for me.

Sponsored

Spellseer

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 KR, HD FXSTC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven’t installed mine yet. The second pulley was purchased from Lange. They have single and double rollers. You could also go down to your local hardware store and similar pulleys. There are several videos on YouTube that show mounting instructions. The tilting problem from what I’ve seen was when they had the universal lift. Now they offer a 4 door and a 2 door version. Center your plumb and it should work fine. For reference my ceiling is 8’6” but I have the washer/dryer and a shelf system on my back wall thus necessary for my to design my own.

IMG_0325.jpeg

IMG_0324.jpeg

OP
OP

Mscdman

Outer Banks
First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thanks. I’m doing construction to raise garage ceiling to 10ft because I need to fully park under it. …hope this works
Sponsored