Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I did a search but couldn’t find the measurement?

I want to see if I can fully open the tailgate inside my garage or if I’ll have to modify my workbench
Sponsored

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I did a search but couldn’t find the measurement?

I want to see if I can fully open the tailgate inside my garage or if I’ll have to modify my workbench
The best I could find for a 2 door is that the overall width is 76". Figure 8" per side to get to the edge of the tailgate and that gives you 60". Still seems very wide. The max tire would be 35" and maybe 8" per side of that to the edge of the tailgate gives 35+16 = 51" The overall length of the 2 door is 174". Take off 13" for the tire plus another 8" (I seem to like 8 for some reason...) gives 21" off of the back. So 174-21+51 = 204".

But that is just pure cocktail napkin math/conjecture. But it is something to approximate.

Hopefully the thought process will help your rough calculations. :)

OP
OP
Mustang Mike

Mustang Mike

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The best I could find for a 2 door is that the overall width is 76". Figure 8" per side to get to the edge of the tailgate and that gives you 60". Still seems very wide. The max tire would be 35" and maybe 8" per side of that to the edge of the tailgate gives 35+16 = 51" The overall length of the 2 door is 174". Take off 13" for the tire plus another 8" (I seem to like 8 for some reason...) gives 21" off of the back. So 174-21+51 = 204".

But that is just pure cocktail napkin math/conjecture. But it is something to approximate.

Hopefully the thought process will help your rough calculations. :)
I have about 245” to work with so that’s plenty!
Thanks

ilbastarge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla X
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I have about 245” to work with so that’s plenty!
Thanks
I would expect so. Obviously as your available time allows then you can verify with more accuracy. But at least it shows an approach to answering the question. 😀
Sponsored