First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2019 Honda Rebel 300
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
going to post one more time, but baby oh baby I cannot wait to equip my two door with this bad boy! Now what design do I want to toss on top?!?!?
Sponsored

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well unfortunately it’s quite difficult to make this sort of shade out of solid vinyl or canvas.The reason is called the “Bernoulli effect”, I’ll explain.

Using a rain resistant vinyl or canvas for the material does not allow the top to breathe. What happens is the air rushing across the surface creates a low pressure area. It’s like the wing of an airplane, it creates lift. (Bernoulli Effect) Without a structure like the soft top has the top bubbles up and tries to tear off. Using mesh the pressure can escape and the mesh stays in place without a structure.

Believe me we have tried all kinds of things to make one for our Jeep product lines, but nothing short of a metal structure works.

Now with that said Bestop makes one but it has rods to kind of hold it in place. The issues start at above 45 MPH for them as well. The Bernoulli effect is hard to defeat!

We do make a Titanium mesh that blocks 90% of the UV rays but it still will not block the rain. The water is repelled while driving, it’s when you stop that it comes through.

Absolutely a great question and I hope this helped explain the why.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike /Owner/JTopsUSA
Thank you!

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GToddC5

Badlands
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 1971 Toyota FJ40, 1998 Corvette 'vert
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

WOW! Finally something that doesn't look like a saggy fishing net! I'll be checking these out for sure - Need 2 Door.

Last edited:

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is there a gap between the front of the shade and the windshield or does it sit pretty tight? Would love some photos.

Sponsored

JTopsUSA

Badlands
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there a gap between the front of the shade and the windshield or does it sit pretty tight? Would love some photos.
No gap! That’s what we do. We actually just made the tolerance tighter by extending the arch on the front strip.
Mike/JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco 2 Door Mesh shade by JTopsusa - first look A57E450B-98F3-47E4-BBDB-7E70C104F318
Ford Bronco 2 Door Mesh shade by JTopsusa - first look 374E2B9D-BBF4-47B3-8CAF-E50319CA4942
Ford Bronco 2 Door Mesh shade by JTopsusa - first look C9BAD423-6879-489D-A36E-A03E18C2C843

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

No gap! That’s what we do. We actually just made the tolerance tighter by extending the arch on the front strip.
Mike/JTopsUSA

Ford Bronco 2 Door Mesh shade by JTopsusa - first look C9BAD423-6879-489D-A36E-A03E18C2C843
Awesome, will definitely be getting one of these! Thanks for the quick response!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well unfortunately it’s quite difficult to make this sort of shade out of solid vinyl or canvas.The reason is called the “Bernoulli effect”, I’ll explain.

Using a rain resistant vinyl or canvas for the material does not allow the top to breathe. What happens is the air rushing across the surface creates a low pressure area. It’s like the wing of an airplane, it creates lift. (Bernoulli Effect) Without a structure like the soft top has the top bubbles up and tries to tear off. Using mesh the pressure can escape and the mesh stays in place without a structure.

Believe me we have tried all kinds of things to make one for our Jeep product lines, but nothing short of a metal structure works.

Now with that said Bestop makes one but it has rods to kind of hold it in place. The issues start at above 45 MPH for them as well. The Bernoulli effect is hard to defeat!

We do make a Titanium mesh that blocks 90% of the UV rays but it still will not block the rain. The water is repelled while driving, it’s when you stop that it comes through.

Absolutely a great question and I hope this helped explain the why.

If I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Mike /Owner/JTopsUSA
This is about the third time I've seen you post this, I hope you're copy/pasting. :ROFLMAO:

I'm still interested if/when you can confirm it will work with a soft top.

TarderSoss

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes you can run this top with the back still on! Plus it enhances the interior and hides all the panels. It looks like a headliner.
Mike / JTops

Looking forward to the 4 door hard top. Thanks Mike.

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is about the third time I've seen you post this, I hope you're copy/pasting. :ROFLMAO:

I'm still interested if/when you can confirm it will work with a soft top.
Yes it is apparently no one reads the older posts😱
The mesh top absolutely works with a soft top. It’s the first one we designed. It is not a solid top.

Mike

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes it is apparently no one reads the older posts😱
The mesh top absolutely works with a soft top. It’s the first one we designed. It is not a solid top.

Mike
Thanks. I should clarify a 2dr soft top though. Still good?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

JTopsUSA

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.broncosunshades.com
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500 diesel,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks. I should clarify a 2dr soft top though. Still good?
We do NOT have a shade for the 2 door, as there is no OEM soft top available. The 2 door shade we have is for the OEM hard top only.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We do NOT have a shade for the 2 door, as there is no OEM soft top available. The 2 door shade we have is for the OEM hard top only.
If you'd be interested in adapting it to a soft top 2dr let me know if I can help. I know of at least one attachment point that is likely to cause issues.
Sponsored