Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 / Edge
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Hey Folks!

I've had my 23 Black Diamond 2 door for about 4 months now and am loving it so far. The most major gripe I have about it is the lack of really any meaningful storage outside of the rear cargo area. I started looking for hard cases that might fit in the same area and I stumbled across the Pelican Vault V700. It fits like it was made for the space and effectively raises the rear storage area up about 6 inches.

I found the case on Amazon for $170, so it's pretty cheap compared to other solutions. I think I might apply some kind-of-a anti-slide layer to the top if I can find something reasonable. If anyone has any ideas, please fire away.

-s

20240316_165543.jpg

20240316_165523.jpg
Do you have a picture with the seats folded down how much difference in height to the rear seat ?
Sponsored

Golfsnob

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Base 2 Door, Manual, 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Base

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nice solution! I like that it’s pretty low profile as well.

Anyone know if there’s one that would fit similarly in a 4 door, with the lower profile but wider/deeper then this 2 door option?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Skateboard tape.
You could also use the anti-slip tape you can buy for stairs and other surfaces you walk on. I think they also come in rubber strips too.

Sponsored

Bellime

Outer Banks
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Do you have a picture with the seats folded down how much difference in height to the rear seat ?
Staying with the original posting. Please share any pics and data as to its fit. Seems that simple slider rails could be added with a detachable function would be easy.

lwilliams34

Big Bend
First Name
Lorne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350/2024 Bronco Big Bend (Ordered)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I run a business that requires a certain amount of space in the back Cargo Area. I have been using a Mazda Cx5 for years and had adequate storage. When I started looking at the Jeep/Bronco option I knew the 4 door vehicle was just going to be too big for my needs so I focused on the 2 door. The jeep was out of the equation after once glance in the back. The Bronco back area with the seats up just made the cut. I have no regrets getting the 2-door as it is great for my type of driving mainly in town and some highway.

Back to the storage area issue... I needed to be able to fit one large storage "bag" back there and two smaller units.
I purchased the packs that mount to the roll cage and fit within the triangular area on each side, but they are made for the 4 door models and could not put the seats back up with those installed.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C9Q7Y1TJ?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details
I am in the process of purchasing some back packs and will try mounting them on both sides via the roll bar or possibly a mollie panel. I hate the fact that mollie panels squeeze in the available horizontal room even more.

The rear seats stay folded down most of the time for hauling larger boxes, client equipment, etc. but I can't have anything permanently stored back there (on the rear seats) if that make sense. I need the ability to pop those seats back up if the situation arises.
These help a ton with equipment/storage on top of the folded down seats
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B213STBL?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

I am also looking at the diabolical setup for summer if I want to take the back top section off and still keep stuff secure.
https://shop.diabolicalinc.com/products/bronco-locker-security-enclosure-2-door

In addition I am looking at the "net attics" which mount to the ceiling inside for more storage.
https://raingler.com/products/2021-newer-ford-bronco-ez-install-cargo-area-ceiling-attic-net

I also purchased and installed a tailgate table/mollie panel for additional storage.
Will most likely mount a few packs on there.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BG5FJ418?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

One last thing is a few smaller back packs will be mounted to the mollie panels on the rear of the front seats for extra quick grab items (paperwork, spare jacket, etc..)

I'm still working on the final solution, but will post pictures as soon as I have the setup complete.

Last edited:

Baerkeeper

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Basequatch | 2020 Miata RF
Your Bronco Model
Base
Looks like you're using a Cargo Area Rug, if so you can simply attach velcro to the bottom of your Pelican and it should stay put.

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I purchased a larger pelican box. It fits all my tools and gear.

IMG_1985.jpeg

IMG_1986.jpeg

OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Black Diamond, 1965 Mustang Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Looks like you're using a Cargo Area Rug, if so you can simply attach velcro to the bottom of your Pelican and it should stay put.
That's the plan for the underside. It's the stuff on top of the case sliding around that drives me crazy. I found some grip tape to install on top of the case (Amazon Link), we'll see how that works.

-s

Sponsored
OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I purchased a larger pelican box. It fits all my tools and gear.

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_1986

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) IMG_1986
That's a nice setup. It's a little tall for what I was looking for, but a great option if you have a lot of stuff you need to carry along with you all the time.

What model is that case?

-s

jayr1959

Big Bend
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK 2DR 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
That's a nice setup. It's a little tall for what I was looking for, but a great option if you have a lot of stuff you need to carry along with you all the time.

What model is that case?

-s
Thanks. It's the BX 135. We have zero storage options @ our beach house so I tend to carry my tools with me between our house in MD and the beach. What I did not realize is that I can't get both seats up with it in the back. The rear passenger set is fine but the rear drivers side won't click into place. Not that it matters the seats are never up.

OP
OP
LastDeadLast

LastDeadLast

Black Diamond
First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here ya go. The case is exactly 3 inches higher than the folded seat. Not a big issue for me, but I can see how some people would not like it.

-s

20240317_133149.jpg

20240317_133228.jpg

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey Folks!

I've had my 23 Black Diamond 2 door for about 4 months now and am loving it so far. The most major gripe I have about it is the lack of really any meaningful storage outside of the rear cargo area. I started looking for hard cases that might fit in the same area and I stumbled across the Pelican Vault V700. It fits like it was made for the space and effectively raises the rear storage area up about 6 inches.

I found the case on Amazon for $170, so it's pretty cheap compared to other solutions. I think I might apply some kind-of-a anti-slide layer to the top if I can find something reasonable. If anyone has any ideas, please fire away.

-s

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 20240317_133228

Ford Bronco 2 Door Rear Storage Solution - Hard Case (Pelican Vault V700) 20240317_133228
One quick question, when you fold the seats down what’s the elevation difference? I keep the back seats folded most of the time wit my dogs back there.

Acadist

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 BadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here ya go. The case is exactly 3 inches higher than the folded seat. Not a big issue for me, but I can see how some people would not like it.

-s

Guess I shoulda kept scrolling……….
Sponsored