Emerich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo
Your Bronco Model
Base
I am sure aftermarket will provide.
I'm really not interested to jury-rig something here, and I don't want a hard top that I don't need and don't have room to store. I think it's better just to take a pass for now and wait until Ford fixes this.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mismith

mismith

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜16 Jeep JKU, 1992 Jeep YJ, ā€˜71 F100, ā€˜02 F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Same here! Iā€™m not buying one unless it comes with it. And they need to offer a premium Twill soft top. Those are just as quiet as any hard top.

I just hope they donā€™t drag their feet like Chrysler has on the JL Wrangler factory half doors....Theyā€™ve been promising those since 2018....

TripleB

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sas 2.7L, 2023 GMC AT4 HDD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Is this coming in time soon?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ, Ford Fiesta ST, Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My YJ has a hard top. Not an issue to me. Top is either on or off. No need for any in between.

Top comes off Aprilish, goes on Octoberish.

Sponsored

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The first thing I am going to do is remove the top. It will probably never go back on. Iā€™ll be looking for BesTop or someone to release a nice Bimini top for the 2-door and that will be all I ever use. Thatā€™s why I am so keen on a cold weather package. Iā€™ll need the seat and steering wheel heaters for winter because I will not be putting the top back on.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The first thing I am going to do is remove the top. It will probably never go back on. Iā€™ll be looking for BesTop or someone to release a nice Bimini top for the 2-door and that will be all I ever use. Thatā€™s why I am so keen on a cold weather package. Iā€™ll need the seat and steering wheel heaters for winter because I will not be putting the top back on.
You can always just keep the front hard top sections on for a "hard bikini" top.

Rcarpen22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Excursion 7.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can always just keep the front hard top sections on for a "hard bikini" top.
Is there a picture of one in this configuration somewhere? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen this.

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I agree about the advantages of a soft top and wish Ford provided it on the 2DR , but from my understanding, the original Bronco never had a soft top. The soft top is mainly a Jeep thing.

I don't know for sure, but it seems like they wanted to keep the 2Dr like the traditional Bronco which was a hard top.

I had a Jeep Wrangler JK, and loved my Best top I put on it, but did want to get a hard top for the winter. I like that the 2DR Bronco comes with a hard top without paying extra.

FJ 432

Badlands
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can someone define or explain Bimini versus bikini? I've never heard the term Bimini.

Dumb question. I just googled it. Nevermind.

Sponsored

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Is there a picture of one in this configuration somewhere? I donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen this.
Pretty sure the 2 dr testing on the Rubicon was sporting this configuration.

Yep, just checked youtube. Mine will probably be setup like that most of the year.

rpl

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I am a long time Jeep owner and currently own 2 of them. I've had dual tops for almost every Jeep Wrangler we have owned. However, the hard tops almost exclusively stayed sitting in my basement with very little use.

We would occasionally put the hard top on in the winter if we were going to the Outer Banks fishing. The rest of the year we kept the soft tops on the Jeeps.

That's one of the main freedoms most of us love about the Jeep. You can drop the top anywhere and if the weather turns sour then just put it back up.

So now I have become really excited about the new Bronco. I have researched this thing to death. If this thing turns out as great as we think then I could definitely see myself trading in my JK for one.

BUT, I was shocked to learn that there's NO factory soft top for the 2 door:mad:! Holy cow! Ford, what were you thinking?? You offer it on the 4 door and NOT the 2 door?? That does not make any sense? If your target buyer is current Wrangler owners then how could you make such a huge mistake?

I know a lot of Jeep owners and they all agree that the soft top is a huge selling point. It's one of the main reasons we love them so much.

Please tell me that there is a factory soft top coming for the 2 door Bronco as an option. If not then it's going to be a deal breaker for me until one is offered.

Thanks,
Michael
Agree. Anyone know why they are not offering a soft top on the 2 door?

rpl

Outer Banks
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pretty sure the 2 dr testing on the Rubicon was sporting this configuration.

Yep, just checked youtube. Mine will probably be setup like that most of the year.
I saw two types of bimini covers offered on the 2 door Bronco on B&P. One canvas and the other mesh.
Sponsored