Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're wrong. Obviously you're not a jeep person and that's fine. LJs (extended TJ) were built from 2004-06 and I have 23" behind my rear bench (confirmed with a tape measure just now).

And with the rear seat removed, I can fit 5 35" MT tires inside with the soft top up.
It's odd the LJ came up. I have a buddy with one and the exterior dimensions of the LJ and the 2 door are eerily similar. I'm not positive about interior space from back of seat but previous poster indicated they are almost identical?
If so, good for 2 door crowd as that LJ has gobs of room.

IROCnRoll

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, the two door is really more like a sports car in my view. You can carry some stuff, but that's not really the point. I do wish the rear seats were easily removable. In my view, that would add a lot of utility to the 2 door. Even though they fold, being able to take them out would give you just that much more space. The 4 door will certainly be more practical for those who want to carry back seat passengers. Some may prefer the styling of the 2 door though. Also a little cheaper and perhaps some better maneuverability in certain situations.

Sponsored

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've been a 2-door guy since Day 1, and finally converted my reservation today, but I really struggled with the 4-door there at the end.

My biggest reservation about the 2-D is it pretty much excludes sleeping comfortably inside the vehicle.
I think anyone that thinks they are going to sleep comfortably even in a four-door Bronco is in for a surprise. Even in the four-door, there's not a ton of length. The seats don't fold flat. I would say at best it's a "can make do" option.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
:D I believe the RV pictured is actually a one door!
There's always a door to direct access the driver's seat. It wouldn't be visible from that angle.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think anyone that thinks they are going to sleep comfortably even in a four-door Bronco is in for a surprise. Even in the four-door, there's not a ton of length. The seats don't fold flat. I would say at best it's a "can make do" option.
Although the sliding out tailgate should fill that 4in gap between the folded down seat and the floor.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The "LJ" is a stretched TJ, it is commonly referred to as an "Unlimited TJ". It's around 15" longer with 13" more space behind the rear seats. Jeep built them for only 4 or 5 years (2004-2009, I think). There are not a lot of them out there and quality used ones sell at premium prices.
Ah. Thought he meant JL. I don't know all the Jeep terminology. I've just seen too many people make crazy claims about the current two-door Jeep being the same size (or bigger!) than the two-door Bronco. o_O

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're wrong. Obviously you're not a jeep person and that's fine. LJs (extended TJ) were built from 2004-06 and I have 23" behind my rear bench (confirmed with a tape measure just now).

And with the rear seat removed, I can fit 5 35" MT tires inside with the soft top up.
Yeah, thought JL was meant, as per my other mea culpa post. 😄

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am thinking of making a full length flat slide in floor for the times I need more storage. As it is just me and the Boss I really don't even need back seats, all of my travel friends have their own 4X4's.
Goose Gear

I wish Ford offered only a 2-seat option sans back seats. No need to have tilt forward seats. No excuses not to have power seats.

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

these retarded snarky comments are annoying. Yes believe it or not people need storage in their vehicles and engineering solutions for this is not rocket science so kindly be quiet
The Two Door was never designed for space. It was never the Engineers objective. Maybe not the vehicle for you. :unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

2021FordBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
does anyone know if you can take the two rear seats out completely (easily, without any power tools or screwdrivers/wrenches)? IIRC, rear seats can be completely removed and left at home in the two door Wranglers, right?

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

get a rooftop tent. problem solved

Wapiti_j

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus st 2016, 1996 f250 PS
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My focus st rear seat looks just like the broncos. You can get it the fucus seat to lie flat if you flip the seat forward into the foot well before you fold the back rest down. Then it's pretty level.
Sponsored